ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Perception Day Bowl thread

The Big Ten offenses doing a good job keeping their opponents off the field. Alabama has only run 13 plays, and Auburn 13 plays. Both games in the 2nd quarter. Minnesota and Michigan are close to 60 plays combined.

Replay officials are moving in to save the day for the SEC though. This ridiculous overturn and the completely unnecessary review of the muffed punt earlier.

Reactions: Greenway12
That first touchdown should definitely have stood. Sick of officials changing games. Intent of replay has been lost.

Reactions: Sett1997
At the time I'm posting this, it's 70 to 28 combined in plays run for the Big 10 over the SEC in these 2 games.

This. The 2nd review was clearly short, but play shouldn't have even occurred. As the 1st should have stood

Agree on the second but on the first how do you spot the ball a half yard or more out from the goal line when the elbow hit 2 inches from the white strip of the goal line (if it even did hit).

That’s major bull crap

This may be unpopular, but J want Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin all to win. I want our 3 losses to have been against "good" teams, and I want the general perception of the Big Ten to grow. That can only help Iowa in future circumstances.

I also want to finished ranked ahead of Alabama and Auburn.

Reactions: HumbleP1e
Holy hell has football become soft. That's a textbook hit on a QB.

Replay shows hims sommersault off the quarterback as they hit the ground, and they're saying on TV he clearly drove down on him. I didn't see that at all on the replay. That's huge, or else it's 4th down right now. Those are the big penalties that don't show up so much on the boxscore....it would've been 4th down!

Reactions: And1Hawk
Big ten gets short end in all these close calls. Michigan just got roughing quarterback that was, in my opinion, questionable.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Replay shows hims sommersault off the quarterback as they hit the ground, and they're saying on TV he clearly drove down on him. I didn't see that at all on the replay. That's huge, or else it's 4th down right now. Those are the big penalties that don't show up so much on the boxscore....it would've been 4th down!

Correct. It would have been intentional grounding possibly too!

291 yards offense for Minnesota in the 1st half. Credit to Minnesota's defense as well. Auburn has just 11 yards on the ground.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT