ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Rankings on Fkowrestling!

I’ll just list some key points

1 They have Suriano at 125 ( they comment that the weight could obviously change)

2 All Freshman without collegiate experience are ranked at the bottom until they pick up college wins ( eg Teasdale is ranked #14 at 133 and Gable Steveson is #14 at Hwt)

3 Kaleb Young is at 157, (9th I think) Kemmerer is at 174, ranked 2nd ahead of Amine and Cash is 5th at 184. Murin is 7th at 141. DeSanto is ranked 4th at 133. JWar is 4th at 197.

4. Joey Gunther is ranked #6 at 165 for Illinois and the Bull is #3.

5. I know 133 has been touted as a very tough weight this year ( which it is) but 157 looks to be every bit the meat grinder as well. The top 5 are Nolf, Berger, Pantaleo, Jordan and Deakin. Also in the mix ahead of Young are Zander Wick, Van Brill and Bleise from Minny. Griffin Parriott rounds out top 10 behind Young.

Last edited:
I’ll just list some key points

1 They have Suriano at 125 ( they comment that the weight could obviously change)

2 All Freshman without collegiate experience are ranked at the bottom until they pick up college wins ( eg Teasdale is ranked #14 at 133 and Gable Steveson is #14 at Hwt)

3 Kaleb Young is at 157, (9th I think) Kemmerer is 2nd ahead of Amine and Cash is 5th at 184. Murin is 7th at 141. DeSanto is ranked 4th at 133. JWar is 4th at 197.

4. Joey Gunther is ranked #6 at 165 for Illinois and the Bull is #3.

5. I know 133 has been touted as a very tough weight this year ( which it is) but 157 looks to be every bit the meat grinder as well. The top 5 are Nolf, Berger, Pantaleo, Jordan and Deakin. Also in the mix ahead of Young are Zander Wick, Van Brill and Bleise from Minny. Griffin Parriott rounds out top 10 behind Young.
Gunther ranked 6?! No disrespect but I can name 10 guys better than him

Reactions: SDHN2013
Gunther ranked 6?! No disrespect but I can name 10 guys better than him

The number 7 guy is Bryce Martin from Indiana. There are a couple of freshman at the bottom that are pretty solid in Jake Allar and Stephen Glasgow. This weight is pretty top heavy, but falls off quite a bit

Last edited:
Iowa will be tough next year, but PSU would still be the heavy favorite, with 5 guys ranked #1.

One thing really jumps out at me from these rankings. Looking ahead, 2019-20 season, Iowa will be a monster. They only lose Stoll, and he'll be replaced with a stud in Cassioppi.

PSU, on the other hand, will graduate 4 starters after this season - Nolf (#1), Nickal (#1), Nevills (#1), and Rasheed (#3). PSU had a bumper crop of elite recruits from class of 2018, but it will be tough for them to match those graduating srs.

Reactions: NLhawk62
Unless I missed something big, Kerk has not made any public announcement or verbal commitment since re-opening his recruitment.

Wait did I miss something? Ed are u assuming Kerk is going to PSU or did he verbal? Even if he did, Warner>Beard, Cass > Kerk. Brooks is probably better than Glazer and Assad, but it’ll be interesting. I like our recruits a lot and we ain’t done yet
i'll agree Warner>Beard, not sure about Cass>Kerk. I love are recruits. I'm just getting point across that PSU will drop some next year but not much adding these guys. You have to figure Kerk is going PSU.

Reactions: rmg78 and andegre
Flo also updated their Senior Big Board:

•Abe Assad (Iowa Commit) drops from 13 to 18
•Zach Glazier (Iowa commit) drops from 32 to 47

Did either of these guys even wrestle since June 5th (last update) to drop?
Yes Assad won a cadet bronze medal. Starooci and Ramirez who Asaad beat to make that team(Ramirez twice) are ahead of him. WNO the show will be on in 30 minutes and I have to figure this will be brought up.

Iowa will be tough next year, but PSU would still be the heavy favorite, with 5 guys ranked #1.

One thing really jumps out at me from these rankings. Looking ahead, 2019-20 season, Iowa will be a monster. They only lose Stoll, and he'll be replaced with a stud in Cassioppi.

PSU, on the other hand, will graduate 4 starters after this season - Nolf (#1), Nickal (#1), Nevills (#1), and Rasheed (#3). PSU had a bumper crop of elite recruits from class of 2018, but it will be tough for them to match those graduating srs.

Yeah, it would not seem reasonable to expect the incoming freshmen to replace those points. In fact, some will likely be redshirting. Cassar is probably back, and then there is Manville, who has been waiting in the wings. If they come on strong and some gains are made by the RBYs, Lees, and Berges of the team, that would go a long way. But, for once, PSU may have a more balanced team pointswise, with less emphasis on bonus-machine finalists than they are accustomed to.

Still, Joseph and Hall would presumably be favorites to make the finals. Minimum Top 5 finishes from Teasdale, RBY, Lee, Berge, Manville/Brooks, Beard, and Cassar/Nevills would round things out nicely.

LOL Slush,
Teasdale R12,
RBY 7-8,
Lee 4-7,
Berge 8-R12,
Manville DNP,
Brooks 7-8,
Beard 6-R12,
Cassar 3-8
NN(super nice family)
Everbody knows NN job is in jeopardy $100 says Bael goes with Cassar.

jmo

Reactions: Grip220
LOL Slush,
Teasdale R12,
RBY 7-8,
Lee 4-7,
Berge 8-R12,
Manville DNP,
Brooks 7-8,
Beard 6-R12,
Cassar 3-8
NN(super nice family)
Everbody knows NN job is in jeopardy $100 says Bael goes with Cassar.

jmo

I was talking about the 2019-20 season, and I'll defer to PSU's track record with sophomore leaps and true-freshman starters. A lot of those guys are going to outperform what you've listed for them.

Good luck with that

Ok, let's assume for a minute that your predictions are solid. Then what is all the fuss here about PSU's recruiting prowess and allegedly sketchy scholarship management? By your numbers, they'll be fighting just to eek out a spot on the podium.

I'll go with history repeating itself until it doesn't. 2019-20 will be very interesting, though.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
WIN rankings are out. They got Ohio State second. Iowa is clear number two,I think. Spencer will bonus,ala David Taylor,all the way till his finals match with Rivera!

Good luck with that

That's what they said in 2015/2016 when Zain was a RS Soph, Nolf, Nickal, Nevills were all RS freshmen. PSU entered the year ranked something like 7th. We had pretty good luck with that, I agree.

Truith be told I fully exspect Iowa to be ranked #1 entering 2019/2020 and deservedly so. You will be stacked top to bottom. tOSu probably second and PSU??? You cant lose and seamlessly replace Nolf, Nickal, Nevills, Rasheed and maybe Cassar if he doesnt get a 6th year, without an impact.

It's not outside of the realm of possibility that Cael redshirts half the team next year (see 2015), as several are on grey shirts now, and then shoots for another multi year run 2021-2024.

Last edited:
Flo also updated their Senior Big Board:

•Abe Assad (Iowa Commit) drops from 13 to 18
•Zach Glazier (Iowa commit) drops from 32 to 47

Did either of these guys even wrestle since June 5th (last update) to drop?
Flos anti-Iowa stance is sooooo obvious. That’s too bad and will be their eventual downfall bc Iowa is wrestling

Reactions: Grip220
I don’t think they are anti-iowa. I think they give iowa a lot of credit as being a premier team. They don’t look at the program with rose colored glasses and can have constructive criticism. I honestly think they hit the nail on the head with most of our wrestlers. Just my opinion. A lot of them are unproven and are a wait and see.

Reactions: YoungGun07
Flos anti-Iowa stance is sooooo obvious. That’s too bad and will be their eventual downfall bc Iowa is wrestling

I don't think they're anti-Iowa. They talk more about Iowa than anyone else. And who cares where they rank your recruits after they are committed or signed? As long as you got the guys you wanted what's it matter what Flo thinks. If anything it makes your staff look better in that they can coach up a lower ranked guy.

FWIW I agree that Assad should be a couple spots higher, and Willie pretty much conceded this on the last FRL.

Reactions: Hawkeye197
I don't think they're anti-Iowa. They talk more about Iowa than anyone else. And who cares where they rank your recruits after they are committed or signed? As long as you got the guys you wanted what's it matter what Flo thinks. If anything it makes your staff look better in that they can coach up a lower ranked guy.

FWIW I agree that Assad should be a couple spots higher, and Willie pretty much conceded this on the last FRL.
It’s not so much anti Iowa as it is stirring the pot so to speak, its Media they want stories so maybe they take few liberties in twisting the largest fan base. This is the way I see it.

That's what they said in 2015/2016 when Zain was a RS Soph, Nolf, Nickal, Nevills were all RS freshmen. PSU entered the year ranked something like 7th. We had pretty good luck with that, I agree.

Truith be told I fully exspect Iowa to be ranked #1 entering 2019/2020 and deservedly so. You will be stacked top to bottom. tOSu probably second and PSU??? You cant lose and seamlessly replace Nolf, Nickal, Nevills, Rasheed and maybe Cassar if he doesnt get a 6th year, without an impact.

It's not outside of the realm of possibility that Cael redshirts half the team next year (see 2015), as several are on grey shirts now, and then shoots for another multi year run 2021-2024.
Who, other than Brooks, is grey shirting now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT