ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten thoughts after Week 3

Feb 25, 2008
- Known before this week, but Michigan didn't get any worse after last season.......also f*** Jim Harbaugh

- f*** the, because reasons

- Northwestern is NOT back. We may stand a chance against them just on principle.....

- Maryland is who we thought they were. Preseason heroes against poor defenses, but typical mediocre turds against anyone with a pulse

- Rutgers will again be a tough game for Iowa, but only because Iowa will allow it to be.......something NO OTHER TEAM IN THE COUNTRY WOULD WILLINGLY DO BTW.................only Iowa.

- MSU is who I.......thought they were. Enjoy your 7 win season Sparty.

- F*** you, Indiana for ruining one of my early parlays by coming back from 11 down at home because you're trash but also can rally against mid major opponents............f*** you. Go watch JBo beating you with a last second shot in the BTT again. A-holes.

- Mo Ibrahim is gonna be a problem. Period.

- Lulz at Purdue. Charlie Jones gets his draft status elevated AND Purdue takes Ls in the process? I can only see this as a win-win in my book. F*** Purdue, you tampering trash pandas.

- Nebraska is toast this season and should be another win we can rely on in our struggle to find 7 wins this season after failing to cross the ISU threshold..........

- and last but not least...........because f*** Wisconsin, that's why!

- Known before this week, but Michigan didn't get any worse after last season.......also f*** Jim Harbaugh

- Northwestern is NOT back. We may stand a chance against them just on principle.....

- Maryland is who we thought they were. Preseason heroes against poor defenses, but typical mediocre turds against anyone with a pulse

- Rutgers will again be a tough game for Iowa, but only because Iowa will allow it to be.......something NO OTHER TEAM IN THE COUNTRY WOULD WILLINGLY DO BTW.................only Iowa.

- F*** you, Indiana for ruining one of my early parlays by coming back from 11 down at home because you're trash but also can rally against mid major opponents............f*** you. Go watch JBo beating you with a last second shot in the BTT again. A-holes.

- Lulz at Purdue. Charlie Jones gets his draft status elevated AND Purdue takes Ls in the process? I can only see this as a win-win in my book. F*** Purdue, you tampering trash pandas.

- Nebraska is toast this season and should be another win we can rely on in our struggle to find 7 wins this season after failing to cross the ISU threshold..........

Best take I’ve read all year. Iowa has a shot which is saying something

The Big 10 seems to be way down and the West is terrible.
Yup.

OSU and UM are head and shoulders above everyone else right now because of money spending (i.e. they use to call it recruiting.......)

The rest of the conference is stuck in that middling tier of maybe we're good....maybe we suck.......we haven't decided yet.....................

None of this matters as I think OSU steamrolls everyone and are really waiting for their last game against Michigan in Columbus - they've had a whole year to think about their disastrous 2021 season.
This is kind of funny as you're talking about 2021 being DISASTROUS for OSU yet they finished 11-2 and won the Rose Bowl. Well. I guess disastrous by their standards

The west is complete garbage...the east on the other hand looks pretty strong so far
Nah.

PSU is a clear #3 and even they have shown glaring holes in their first 3 games.

Maryland is vulnerable. MSU is fake. Indiana is scrappy, but below average. Rutgers is Rutgers.

It's OSU and UM and the rest of the bunch in the East.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Nah.

PSU is a clear #3 and even they have shown glaring holes in their first 3 games.

Maryland is vulnerable. MSU is fake. Indiana is scrappy, but below average. Rutgers is Rutgers.

It's OSU and UM and the rest of the bunch in the East.
To your point PSU is #3...if the #3 in your division showed no holes then you are having a legendary year...

When it comes to MSU...the secondary is atrocious...but going out to the west coast can make you look worse then you are...also think they'll be able to hide it better once the weather changes...

And the bottom 3 are now 9-0...our "garbage" is not terrible...

To your point PSU is #3...if the #3 in your division showed no holes then you are having a legendary year...

When it comes to MSU...the secondary is atrocious...but going out to the west coast can make you look worse then you are...also think they'll be able to hide it better once the weather changes...

And the bottom 3 are now 9-0...our "garbage" is not terrible...
Nah, Indiana and Rutgers are below average P5 teams stamped, sealed and approved. Maryland or someone else can join them if they want....... .

Nah, Indiana and Rutgers are below average P5 teams stamped, sealed and approved. Maryland or someone else can join them if they want....... .
You do understand the concept of "below average," correct? It means you are in the bottom 49.99999% by definition.

When it comes to B10 divisions that means you are 5-7. So yes they are "below average." The question is if the "below average" in the east is better than the "below average" in most other divisions around the country? The answer is the east's below average is undefeated with 25% of the season already in the books.

Last edited:
You do understand the concept of "below average," correct? It means you are in the bottom 49.99999% by definition.

When it comes to B10 divisions that means you are 5-7. So yes they are "below average." The question is if the "below average" in the east is better than the "below average" in most other divisions around the country? The answer is the east's below average is undefeated with 25% of the season already in the books.
Iowa > below average B10 East division

Deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: mrcyfan
Yup.

OSU and UM are head and shoulders above everyone else right now because of money spending (i.e. they use to call it recruiting.......)

The rest of the conference is stuck in that middling tier of maybe we're good....maybe we suck.......we haven't decided yet.....................
Penn St is better than many think, just very solid with a very experienced qb who can run.

They could surprise a couple of teams like Mich etc

I do possibly see a few more wins for Iowa on the schedule now that I didnt see before today. But it still depends on the offense scoring 20 to 25 pts. Hawks will have to stop the Minny and Wisky run games to have a chance in those games. Beating rutgers will be huge as I do not see the hawks beating Mich now and not OSU.

Penn St is better than many think, just very solid with a very experienced qb who can run.

They could surprise a couple of teams like Mich etc

I do possibly see a few more wins for Iowa on the schedule now that I didnt see before today. But it still depends on the offense scoring 20 to 25 pts. Hawks will have to stop the Minny and Wisky run games to have a chance in those games. Beating rutgers will be huge as I do not see the hawks beating Mich now and not OSU.
Depends on where the games are played.

The entire B10 East? As in if all 7 teams put together an all-star team?
ya-heard-me-curtis-payne.gif

Yup.

Tbf so far Michigan, Ohio St and even Clemson, Georgia and Alabama haven't used NIL promises to recruit players like ATM, TENN, USC and Miami have. The players are getting taken care of once they arrive on campus and show something, which is how it is supposed to be.

The Big 10 seems to be way down and the West is terrible.
All of CFB is down except for a handful of elite teams. There are trash teams across every conference. There are teams that are solid but flawed, Iowa is in that category, flawed offensively. Then there are the handful of elites, one or two per conference, you know the usual names.

This isn't a Big Ten issue or Iowa issue. It's everywhere.

Minnesota has to be the favorite in the west.

I expect Fleck to run Ibrahim until he breaks, if that happens all bets are off.
FWIW, according to Sagarin, Minnesota has by far the easiest schedule of any P5 team so far, even worse than Michigan, and looking at the Massey ratings, they have the 2nd easiest SOS in the entire D1

OSU 2nd string offense would put up at least 21-28 on Iowa defense I believe so that would be hard for Iowa to win that one.

CFB will have a lot of close games b/t P5 and non until the super senior thing runs out. Especially with free transfers as well makes it really hard to rank teams.

But even with that, teams like Arkansas, Kentucky, Michigan St, Texas ATM, Miami, Wake Forest, Oregon, etc aren't top 25 teams anyways. They are overrated by a lot, but I guess it doesn't really matter, this year it looks like there are potentially 4 elite teams (Ohio St, Michigan, Georgia, Alabama) and 3 teams that could get there if they solve some big problems (USC, Clemson, Oklahoma). No one else has a chance to win a Natty outside of those teams this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus

You rock my problem child!

Nope. Below 50% is not the definition of average. If every team in the league from top to bottom had a total of 112 wins (8 per team) before bowl games, then average would be 66.6%.
math can be a tricky thing. Just sayin.

Yup.

not trying to argue with anybody here but do people not realize Michigan has played three of the 10 or 15 worst football teams in FBS… In fact Sagarin ranks them like this Colorado state 137th, Hawaii 162nd and Connecticut 173rd… By the way there are 132 FBS teams?!

You don’t think we should wait on Michigan until they actually play somebody…?

Keep this in your back pocket. They played all three of those teams at home. Then they get Maryland at home and then they go on the road to Iowa city…hmmmm?!

not trying to argue with anybody here but do people not realize Michigan has played three of the 10 or 15 worst football teams in FBS… In fact Sagarin ranks them like this Colorado state 137th, Hawaii 162nd and Connecticut 173rd… By the way there are 132 FBS teams?!

You don’t think we should wait on Michigan until they actually play somebody…?

Keep this in your back pocket. They played all three of those teams at home. Then they get Maryland at home and then they go on the road to Iowa city…hmmmm?!
Welp, that settles it. Hawks get their revenge in two weeks!!!

Reactions: squeezebox
ADVERTISEMENT