ADVERTISEMENT

Big Week for Iowa Basketball

Somebody asked if JP will be the next Luka Garza.

Check out Luka's response.

FY8It39XoAA3Xnl

Holy cow, I hope they showed Pryce the weight room. And make sure he is first in line for 2nd servings at the dining hall. He'll fill out I'm sure. I gained 15lbs. freshman year college. Grew up in the middle of 7 brothers and sisters... the battle for 2nds made me the man I am today :)

From the tweet (from what I am seeing), their heads get cut off.

Here are the pics again. I agree with you; Payton seems roughly 1 1/2 inches taller.

On June 16, Payton said he had grown an inch since last season and currently stood at 6 feet, 7.75 inches. So that would put Pryce at roughly 6'6.5" Rivals has Pryce listed at 6'7, 190.

FY7bIdDWQAIDpvQ

FY7bIdBXwAA4MST

Most of the height difference looks like it is because Payton has a bigger head.

Holy cow, I hope they showed Pryce the weight room. And make sure he is first in line for 2nd servings at the dining hall. He'll fill out I'm sure. I gained 15lbs. freshman year college. Grew up in the middle of 7 brothers and sisters... the battle for 2nds made me the man I am today :)
No doubt that your freshman 15 was 100% quality weight haha

Didn't Pryce used to be a four star?
IIRC he was rated around 95 at one time by Rivals. He had an outstanding Jr season, and it seems he played really well in Summer AAU. I'm not sure why Rivals drooped him to 135. He's down 27 spots from their last rankings.

IIRC he was rated around 95 at one time by Rivals. He had an outstanding Jr season, and it seems he played really well in Summer AAU. I'm not sure why Rivals drooped him to 135. He's down 27 spots from their last rankings.
He does not have a lot of offers, maybe because his brother is playing at Iowa, he is from Iowa and many schools feel it would be a waste of time to offer. Offers from blue bloods does matter in your ranking. Personally, if you can play, stars be damned.

He does not have a lot of offers, maybe because his brother is playing at Iowa, he is from Iowa and many schools feel it would be a waste of time to offer. Offers from blue bloods does matter in your ranking. Personally, if you can play, stars be damned.
I sm hoping that he and JP announce for Iowa soon. I don't really care how they are rated, they fit so well with Freeman and Harding.

Reactions: perryhawk
I know very little, but I will be surprised if Pryce doesn't become a Hawk. Any word on the Syracuse visit for Estrella? I think his decision might boil down to distance from home versus the lure of becoming the next Luka.

Reactions: 1911_Bandit
I know very little, but I will be surprised if Pryce doesn't become a Hawk. Any word on the Syracuse visit for Estrella? I think his decision might boil down to distance from home versus the lure of becoming the next Luka.
Syracuse visit started yesterday. Should be wrapped up either tonight or tomorrow AM. I'm sure we'll hear how the visit went by the end of this weekend.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Syracuse is going to put the full-court press on JPE. I hope he can resist the pressure and make his decision for the good guys. I guess we will know soon enough.

Tom Kakert forecasted Pryce to Iowa on June 25, 2022

Syracuse is putting on a full court press to land JP, to say the least. The latest story I saw, previewing JP's visit, was that they are trying to convince JP that they develop bigs and that JP would be a perfect fit in their system. I think it comes down to Iowa or Syracuse. Iowa has a great chance.

L
Well I tried to link but things aren’t working….if you go to the Hawkfanatic’ podcast and look for the “Just Jonesin” Episode 14 JP Estrella…

At least I think that’s the one without listening again….it’s only about 15 minutes.
What! You are having me listen to the evil Rob Howe?!?!?!

😉
Link
Thanks! 🙂

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT