ADVERTISEMENT

BigGrey’s Kamala thread and the dangers of believing everything you read online

Feb 9, 2013
Was curious about the context behind BigGrey’s thread on Kamala Harris reacting to the Fetterman-Oz debate, so I did a little Google. Turns out this snippet was from an interview with Colbert over 2 years ago. He was asking her about going from attacking Biden in the primary debates to being his running mate. Had nothing to do with Fetterman or Oz.

When will people stop believing online bullshit and falling for stuff hook, line and sinker?

He's like OiT these days. He isn't ignore worthy, I just skim right past all of his threads and posts. He's a caricature. There is nothing of substance in anything he does here.
It’s broader than that, though. Everyone is susceptible at times to misinformation or incomplete information. But it worries me the way some of these folks don’t question a thing they read, or have no desire to see what’s behind a quote or tweet or snippet of video, and rush to post as 100% fact. I guarantee that video is all over right wing social media and nobody ever stopped to ask, hmmm…

@biggreydogs is one of the many case studies on HORT that shows that access to the internet and "information" is not always good for all people.

Some folks just need to be kept in the dark. It's best for them and everyone else.
You’re for big brother censorship?

Was curious about the context behind BigGrey’s thread on Kamala Harris reacting to the Fetterman-Oz debate, so I did a little Google. Turns out this snippet was from an interview with Colbert over 2 years ago. He was asking her about going from attacking Biden in the primary debates to being his running mate. Had nothing to do with Fetterman or Oz.

When will people stop believing online bullshit and falling for stuff hook, line and sinker?

Does it make the video clip any less bizarre?

People read biggrey’s threads?

Assumed most knew this was an old clip. Did she not say the things she did and come off like a drunk dingbat to you?

That's an excellent point.

That being said, that easily could have been Kamala from yesterday.

Censorship? No. Do I think that 1/8th of our population would be better off with it? Yes.

Two completely different things.
You’re pro government censorship of information then? Or you trust the private sector to do it for us? Like the twitter machine? It goes both ways: twitter has created humans that are nothing more than robots. Several lurk amongst us here.

You’re pro government censorship of information then? Or you trust the private sector to do it for us? Like the twitter machine? It goes both ways: twitter has created humans that are nothing more than robots. Several lurk amongst us here.

Can you even read, bro?

Here's my response again:

"Censorship? No. Do I think that 1/8th of our population would be better off with it? Yes.

Two completely different things."

------

Let me say it in my second grade voice. I'm not for any censorship, thus the response of No (I bolded it for you). However, I think many people are incapable and lack maturity to responsibly handle the information they're given and they would be better off with out it, thus my response of Yes (I bolded that for you too). Doesn't mean I feel like they should not get the information - but for these simple folk that can't process it correctly, it does them more harm than good.

Can you even read, bro?

Here's my response again:

"Censorship? No. Do I think that 1/8th of our population would be better off with it? Yes.

Two completely different things."

------

Let me say it in my second grade voice. I'm not for any censorship, thus the response of No (I bolded it for you). However, I think many people are incapable and lack maturity to responsibly handle the information they're given and they would be better off with out it, thus my response of Yes (I bolded that for you too). Doesn't mean I feel like they should not get the information - but for these simple folk that can't process it correctly, it does them more harm than good.
So that’s a yes on being pro censorship

So that’s a yes on being pro censorship
If "pro censorship" means someone cutting off your stubby little HORT typing fingers....

yes-elf.gif

ADVERTISEMENT