ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Farrell - Freestyle

We can love SPencer Lee without being disrespectful and crazy about others. Nobody I can think of in recent memory has beaten Seth Gross "easily." Seth Gross is a returning dominant NCAA champ one weight up. I think Spencer is the better talent with the higher ceiling, but Gross is damn good and a tough out ,and that size at that weight is going to be difficult at best.

We can love SPencer Lee without being disrespectful and crazy about others. Nobody I can think of in recent memory has beaten Seth Gross "easily." Seth Gross is a returning dominant NCAA champ one weight up. I think Spencer is the better talent with the higher ceiling, but Gross is damn good and a tough out ,and that size at that weight is going to be difficult at best.
I agree he’s a tough out for sure. By relatively easily, I mean like lee beating Suriano. He was handled, not blown out and it was competitive. And I’ve not seen anybody do that to Suriano in college, not even gross. I agree with whoever said that gross looked pretty bad, think vodka. If he wrestles like that at 125 against lee, it would be easily. I just don’t see gross winning that one but crazier things have happened. Hidlay beat nolf...ha!

I agree he’s a tough out for sure. By relatively easily, I mean like lee beating Suriano. He was handled, not blown out and it was competitive. And I’ve not seen anybody do that to Suriano in college, not even gross. I agree with whoever said that gross looked pretty bad, think vodka. If he wrestles like that at 125 against lee, it would be easily. I just don’t see gross winning that one but crazier things have happened. Hidlay beat nolf...ha!
Yea Gross looked bad beating Suriano and then teaching NATO and Cruz.

Reactions: Wink8
Gross looked bad vs Suriano. Every other match he looked fine. I'd take Suriano in a rematch.

Gross did not look good in the second period of his opening match either. He is going to be VERY difficult to beat if you don't draw him early on in the day. Everyone coming down from 61 other than Suriano did not look good early.

Last edited:
Not at all. But to act like that wasn't Suriano's match to lose is delusional. 57kg is a gauntlet with Gilman, Lee, Fix, Suriano, and Gross.

Yeah, taking a shot with under 30 sec to go up 2-1 was a bit of a surprise. He went right to where Gross is really, really good. The only way he loses is a caution +1 but that was not going to happen because he was not giving up any ground and holding center. Sort of reminded me of a certain final X match.

Last edited:
Will Colon, Graff and Megaludis be at 57kg? Add these guys to Fix, Gilman, Lee, Gross and Suriano and its going to be super exciting at the Trials from the quarterfinals on. I didn't even mention Nahshon who looked awesome before his injury and it will be interesting if he can get back close to his pre-injury form by April.

Yeah...about beating suriano...I think suriano beat himself. You think gross looked like the better wrestler in that match? I don’t but you think what you want, cheese head.
Maybe he did, but that means Gross wrestled a bad tournament? Obviously USA wrestling thought he did pretty good as he was voted wrestler of the week.
If any HWC or Iowa wrestler beat 3 national champs in one weekend with 2 being by TF. You would say he wrestled bad?

Side note if you don't like cheese that is your loss not mine! haha

Last edited:
Maybe he did, but that means Gross wrestled a bad tournament? Obviously USA wrestling thought he did pretty good as he was voted wrestler of the week.
If any HWC or Iowa wrestler beat 3 national champs in one weekend with 2 being by TF. You would say he wrestled bad?

Side note if you don't like cheese that is your loss not mine! haha
Gross had an excellent tournament. I wouldn’t say otherwise. Just thought he looked bad in that one match. Just like lee looked bad in his debut this year. I was more shocked that he didn’t look like the better wrestler is all. Maybe gross isn’t back to top form yet or maybe NS is simply that good or a combo of both. And I don’t eat much cheese. Been getting healthy and cut out the dairy...for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT