ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Farrell

Lugo up mat 1 vs some Moran

8-2 Lugo at break.

Couple of tds and exposure for Lugo. Moran's 2 came off a Lugo single. Lugo a bit loose on turn attempts, needs to watch that.

9-2, 1 min to go. That's how it ends.

Lugo vs. N Lee semi

Last edited:
Reactions: nearfall2
Young down 2-0 early on mat 3

Still 2-0 at the break

Now Young down by 4. Just over 2 mins left

Another 2 for Andreasyan. Young gonna need something real quick

No changes, Young loses 0-6.

Good news, tournament is using modified repechage so he can still wrestle for 3rd

Last edited:
Bull up on 3 now

McBryde on clock, nothing 1-0 bull

Not much happened in 1st period. 1-0 bull at break

Td McBryde. Then td Bull. 3-2 bull, 1:45 left

Nice stuff and counter td for bull, 5-2 30sec left

Marinelli into the semis, wins 5-2

Last edited:
Desanto semis on mat 2 now

3-2 Desanto at the break.

Nice exposure for Yatsenko, 3-4

Go behind and 2 exposures for Desanto, 9-4., but reviewing 40 secs left.

Back to 3-4. Had sound off, but thought I saw a singlet pull by Desanto...

Td Yatsenko, pushout and last sec td Desanto, but Yatsenko held criteria?

Someone help me out here, as I got a bit lost during this one...

Last edited:
Lugo/Lee up now

Lugo on clock, gives up the 1. Not much action yet

Break, still 0-1.

0-2 after stepout. No changes yet, 40sec left

Lee gets exposure off Lugo shot 0-4 and thats hiw it finishes

Last edited:
Desanto semis on mat 2 now

3-2 Desanto at the break.

Nice exposure for Yatsenko, 3-4

Go behind and 2 exposures for Desanto, 9-4., but reviewing 40 secs left.

Back to 3-4. Had sound off, but thought I saw a singlet pull by Desanto...

Td Yatsenko, pushout and last sec td Desanto, but Yatsenko held criteria?

Someone help me out here, as I got a bit lost during this one...
Ukraine with three 2 point moves to DeSanto’s two. I thought he should have had a reversal after the last UKR TD but I guess they called them out.

Chittum semi up now

Exposure Chittum 2-0

3-0 after pushout. 2 Tds for Monserrat 3-4 at break

Wow, Chittum with some good td defense there. Trade 2's so 5-6

Td Chittum 7-6. 30sec left

Td, gut for Chittum 11-6. 12 sec to go Injury time for Monserrat

Chittum 11-6 winner, into the finals

Last edited:
Lugo up mat 1 vs some Moran

8-2 Lugo at break.

Couple of tds and exposure for Lugo. Moran's 2 came off a Lugo single. Lugo a bit loose on turn attempts, needs to watch that.

9-2, 1 min to go. That's how it ends.

Lugo vs. N Lee semi

O8ctOu6_d.webp

This kind of Moran???

• Love
Reactions: el dub and jrod65
Young/Lavallee consi mat 1 now

Lavallee up 5-0 at break

8-1 Lavallee. 10-1, but Young corner challenges. Challenge fails, and makes it 11-1 tf for Lavallee

Last edited:
Marinelli semi up now

Bull had a leg elevated, but cant convert. 0-0 with 1:20 left in 1st.

1-0 bull after shot clock point

Big 4 off double for Geo. Td and lace Geo. 1-8 at break

Another powerful 4 by Geo at start of 2nd to finish with a 12-1 tf

Last edited:
I don't follow freestyle much, so am asking for opinions of you that do. Of the former, current and future Hawks, who do you expect to have a good shot at a World team in the future? Other than that Lee guy, it appears that Chittum will be a strong contender. DeSanto? Marinelli? Warner? Cassioppi? I just don't know who has great freestyle skills and also the desire to continue training. Any young Hawks anticipated to be in the mix, such as Ayala, Jesuroga, Kennedy, Arnold, Block? Kueter will definitely be a strong contender IF he doesn't go the NFL route.

I don't follow freestyle much, so am asking for opinions of you that do. Of the former, current and future Hawks, who do you expect to have a good shot at a World team in the future? Other than that Lee guy, it appears that Chittum will be a strong contender. DeSanto? Marinelli? Warner? Cassioppi? I just don't know who has great freestyle skills and also the desire to continue training. Any young Hawks anticipated to be in the mix, such as Ayala, Jesuroga, Kennedy, Arnold, Block? Kueter will definitely be a strong contender IF he doesn't go the NFL route.
I think you listed the top contenders. Lee, Cass, and Warner all have freestyle accolades. All the young guys you mentioned should have a chance as well. Albeit, I know less about Gabe Arnold than the rest.

Reactions: Mendoza77
Cass Warner and lee are real good in free. Desanto is learning and getting better fast. Of the young guys. Jesuroga and Kennedy have good experience. Block won Fargo. Arnold has so much upside it’s sick. Kueter is the man but football is a problem!!

I think you listed the top contenders. Lee, Cass, and Warner all have freestyle accolades. All the young guys you mentioned should have a chance as well. Albeit, I know less about Gabe Arnold than the rest.
What’s up with Gabe Arnold?

What’s up with Gabe Arnold?
I just meant that I’ve seen less freestyle wrestling form him than I have the other young bucks. I don’t think anything is necessarily up with him. I do think he had some nagging injuries that have limited his wrestling. Other than that he’s a Hawk and we’re gonna enjoy his athletic progress when he gets here.

Danimal won in consolation 7-2 then lost 12-2 round 2
Summers lost 2nd round consolation 4-3

DeSanto will have Assylzhan of Kaz in consolation semis

Lugo has Finesilver consolation semis

Last edited:
Missed the match but Chittum loses 2-3 to Parker in the finals.

Bull and Isiah White up now

Exposure White, Bull covers for 1. 1-2

2-2 after stepout. 4-2 Bull after stepout and caution+1. Break

6-2 after shot clock and pushout. 1:30 left. Another pushout 7-2, short time

And 7-2 winner. Bull will wrestle for 3rd

Last edited:
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT