ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Maher buries NYT for burying Kavanaugh assassination attempt: 'They wear their bias on their sleeves'

NorthernHawkeye

HR Legend
Dec 23, 2007
"The New York Times buried this," Maher said. "If this had been a liberal Supreme Court justice that someone came to kill, it would have been on the front page."

"And that's what's so disappointing about a paper like The New York Times because they just wear their bias on their sleeves, and if it's not part of something that feeds our narrative, f--- it, we bury it," Maher added.

Bill Maher buries NYT for burying Kavanaugh assassination attempt: 'They wear their bias on their sleeves'

"The New York Times buried this," Maher said. "If this had been a liberal Supreme Court justice that someone came to kill, it would have been on the front page."

"And that's what's so disappointing about a paper like The New York Times because they just wear their bias on their sleeves, and if it's not part of something that feeds our narrative, f--- it, we bury it," Maher added.

Bill Maher is an actual liberal,versus his Progressive counterparts that comprise most of today's Democratic Party. Liberals are open minded folks who are willing to listen, discuss, and consider other points of view. Progs, otoh, are close minded ideologues who prefer to distort, demean, and demagogue to avoid any real discussion of issues. I miss those true liberals of yesteryear. It is refreshing to see one like Maher from time to time.

Bill Maher is an actual liberal,versus his Progressive counterparts that comprise most of today's Democratic Party. Liberals are open minded folks who are willing to listen, discuss, and consider other points of view. Progs, otoh, are close minded ideologues who prefer to distort, demean, and demagogue to avoid any real discussion of issues. I miss those true liberals of yesteryear. It is refreshing to see one like Maher from time to time.

Weird perspective.

On the day this was reported is was 26 articles deep on CNN'S page and the headline was "Man with gun near U.S. judges house". Always carrying water for the radical leftist Democrats.

Weird perspective.
Especially since these people who call themselves conservative aren't really conservative at all, but close minded clowns whose only objective is to stick it to the libs. And FWIW, Maher always considered himself a libertarian.

On the day this was reported is was 26 articles deep on CNN'S page and the headline was "Man with gun near U.S. judges house". Always carrying water for the radical leftist Democrats.

I think that most of the folks in this message board sympathize with the guy who got arrested. Explains a lot

Sure seems like a right wing stunt for stupid simple fuxx like the ones above to mindlessly parrot:

Reactions: Ol' Dirty Bastard
And a false one at that, disagree that most Dems are progressive as he puts it,and not liberal as he describes.
The transformation of the Democratic Party has been something to behold. Tip O'Neill is certainly spinning in his grave. Liberal thinkers from Locke to Rand to Hitchens would all shake their heads in dismay.

Reactions: goldmom
The transformation of the Democratic Party has been something to behold. Tip O'Neill is certainly spinning in his grave. Liberal thinkers from Locke to Rand to Hitchens would all shake their heads in dismay.
“The Democrats” you speak of have moved left about as far as the Republicans have moved to the right. There are a lot of us “liberal” Democrats and “moderate” Republicans that don’t make the noise the fringes of our parties make, but do share a lot of the same values, values not necessarily reflected by out Party’s noisemakers.

Reactions: hwk23 and Mpchillin
“The Democrats” you speak of have moved left about as far as the Republicans have moved to the right. There are a lot of us “liberal” Democrats and “moderate” Republicans that don’t make the noise the fringes of our parties make, but do share a lot of the same values, values not necessarily reflected by out Party’s noisemakers.
You are not a liberal, Joel. You are more rigid in your thinking than most, a regular party line guy.

Reactions: SIXERS24
You are not a liberal, Joel. You are more rigid in your thinking than most, a regular party li
You are not a liberal, Joel. You are more rigid in your thinking than most, a regular party line guy.
No dandh, I really am just a classic old school Democrat...a Dem of the FDR, LBJ and Bill Clinton Democratic Party. If that is “ regular party line”, those are your words. Not mine.
No dandh, I am really just a classic "old school" Democrat. A Democrat fromm the cloth of FDR, LBJ and Bill Clinton. If that is a "regula Party line guy" so be it.....but those are YOUR words, not mine. (But I do understand how you and yours love to define Democrats like me!)

Here is a synopsis of what I do believe Democrats are:
I believe in the power of the government to help solve the nation’s major problems ( health care, environmental preservation).....I believe in Affirmative Action as originally defined as a way to use all American’s talents, I strongly resist the religious right’s war on “separation of church and state” ( using tax money to provide school vouchers to private/ parochial schools), attempting to balance the nation’s budget on the backs of the middle class and poor is morally corrupt and I honestly believe the Democratic Party and their platform best represents the goals of this nation.
(Thanks to Ted Sorensen for helping me explain myself to you......and Ted was a "classic liberal")
And I do have a place in my heart for Joe Manchin...He is one of the few Senator's today who is for the most part, principle driven.

This is the best thing I’ve ever seen you post. Agree 💯

Not new, or news Bill Maher, but thanks for finally catching up to reality.

It's a shame Maher has gotten so bitter in his old age. He really can't stand that John Oliver has taken over his spot as the top politics/current events show on HBO.
Wait…you’re calling him bitter for making fun of FOX and the NYT, while praising John Oliver who does the exact same thing? Ok.

ADVERTISEMENT