ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Maher Nails it

I was wondering if someone would post that. I saw it on TMB. Dude speaks alot of truth. Both parties should take away something from that.
I know I learned something from him. I know I will never fully align with him but it’s time to take a step back and not lose our minds over politics. I can still have friends family and entertainment that don’t agree with everything I do.

I was wondering if someone would post that. I saw it on TMB. Dude speaks alot of truth. Both parties should take away something from that.
Agreed. And one party does take more than the other. Maher is about my age and like me, as he ages, he has turned into a more moderate Democrat away from the progressive edge of the party. However, being a comedian, he understand the importance of the edges of both political parties...that is where "the news" (or is it, "the noise") is made......

He pisses everyone off at one time or another
The sign of a great public figure....Piss off everybody occasionally. Today's problem is that too many "public figures piss off everybody all the time.
There isn't a public figure out there who I haven't disagreed with at one time or another....Hellsbells, I used to think my mom and dad at times were nutz too!

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Humorist Will Rogers said: "I do not make jokes,
I just watch the government and report the facts."

Bill Maher does the same thing in the 21st century.
Lack of dynamic leadership in the White House makes
Bill Maher an important voice in the public culture.
I think you are way to limited in your scope here Lute.....Maher doesn't stop at the White House....he blasts Congress and state law bodies with great regularity, too. Basically, Maher questions "folks in control".....

I think you are way to limited in your scope here Lute.....Maher doesn't stop at the White House....he blasts Congress and state law bodies with great regularity, too. Basically, Maher questions "folks in control".....
His ongoing monologue about how difficult it was to get his solar installed in his house in California was classic

There’s a lot of people who don’t like trump or the ridiculous gender neutral type crap.
I think the problem is both parties, media tend to cater to the Twitter extremes…somehow they got the idea Twitter…social media in general is a good barometer for where the country is at….that’s why IMO they are repeatedly way off with their messaging.

It’s a reason the D’s were blind sided in Virginia and we’re shocked by how close it was in New Jersey.

It’s why the R’s lost 2 senate seats they should have had in Georgia. The dumbassery of the R’s in the lead up to the run offs was epic…

On something like the concept of the "pregnant man"...

The real problem with these progressive sorts isn't that they (some distinct minority of our population) think this way at all; we've always had ultra progressives, fringe thinkers and whatnot. Some have bad ideas; some good. Those ideas are eventually weeded out, or, grow into something useful.

No, the problem now is that they have a megaphone and the ability to make defacto "rules" about something like language around gender via their institutional dominance in certain arenas.

It's the speed at which this stuff propagates now days; we've completely blown away our previous flow of information and development of group consensus on something like language around gender; now we're being, effectively, force-fed a certain take by what are often our most powerful institutions.

It's the entire progressive newsmedia ecosystem adopting and propagating 'latinx' overnight when almost everyone else outside of their political bubble has no clue what they're talking about.

In addition to having no clue what they're talking about, people also are afraid they might be judged by not complying with the new language given its circulation in before mentioned "elite media" arenas.

This leads to annoyance and distrust with said media for many and provides an endless source of material for the opposition.

You could say that we probably wouldn't be having book bannings in Tennessee right now if the problem I outlined above didn't exist.

It's too fast and they're too pushy and they're too powerful.

He gave a long list of regulations

I know and I just find it odd that he decided to include a proposed regulation about drunk driving in his little bit about "crazy woke" leftists.

I think a regulation intended to limit the amount of drunk driving casualties would be pretty popular, but I guess I might just be living in my "crazy woke" bubble.

I know and I just find it odd that he decided to include a proposed regulation about drunk driving in his little bit about "crazy woke" leftists.

I think a regulation intended to limit the amount of drunk driving casualties would be pretty popular, but I guess I might just be living in my "crazy woke" bubble.
I hardly drink anymore. I would be VERY bugged by having to use a breathalyzer every time I start my car.

I don’t disagree, but he also spoke of the cost of regulations. I don’t drive drunk, and wouldn’t want to pay an extra $1,000 for that newly required option on a new car, because it was regulated by government.

Particularly if the drunk drivers will still find a “work around”. And they will.

Displays two tweets by squad members:
No more rent
No more mortgage
No more policing
No more incarceration

Idiots. Insane idiot.

I have to concede I actually like that regulation.

I think his point is combine that..with the don’t forget the kid in the car reg…with the MPG reg…with whatever other regs you’re tacking on you’re diving up cost…maybe donregulate everything and prioritize only the most important.

Overall totally agree with him but do like the anti drunk driving measure

he’s probably still a little butt hurt about all the red tape he had to go through to get his solar installed which was pretty ridiculous

Reactions: WDSMHAWK

Then you missed his point. Regulating the 99.9999% who don't do stupid things will not prevent the retards that do from doing it.

Then you missed his point. Regulating the 99.9999% who don't do stupid things will not prevent the retards that do from doing it.
Ah!! Butttttt the small percentage who create the need for "regulations" are the new victims (of the left AND the right) in America today.....and THAT my friend is the real tragedy! These fringe folks get all the attention. And honestly for the most part, they don't amount to a shit.

Ah!! Butttttt the small percentage who create the need for "regulations" are the new victims (of the left AND the right) in America today.....and THAT my friend is the real tragedy! These fringe folks get all the attention. And honestly for the most part, they don't amount to a shit.
I can agree with this.

I don’t disagree, but he also spoke of the cost of regulations. I don’t drive drunk, and wouldn’t want to pay an extra $1,000 for that newly required option on a new car, because it was regulated by government.

Particularly if the drunk drivers will still find a “work around”. And they will.

That's a fair point and I'm sure there would be some initial sticker shock of an extra "fee" if it would ever become mandatory. I also imagine there was a similar sentiment when air bags & seat belts became necessary as well.

I've never driven drunk so I can't speak to this first hand, but if the anti-dd psas on TV are to be believed most drunk drivers feel that they are "fine" when they get behind the wheel. So I don't know how many people will have a "work around" pre planned. I hope (maybe I'm being too optimistic) that someone would come to their senses if they failed the breathalyzer.

I'm sure some will find a work around but at that point what can you do. If they are driving drunk enough that they have a way to bypass the breathalyzer, they're basically playing Russian roulette.

That's a fair point and I'm sure there would be some initial sticker shock of an extra "fee" if it would ever become mandatory. I also imagine there was a similar sentiment when air bags & seat belts became necessary as well.

I've never driven drunk so I can't speak to this first hand, but if the anti-dd psas on TV are to be believed most drunk drivers feel that they are "fine" when they get behind the wheel. So I don't know how many people will have a "work around" pre planned. I hope (maybe I'm being too optimistic) that someone would come to their senses if they failed the breathalyzer.

I'm sure some will find a work around but at that point what can you do. If they are driving drunk enough that they have a way to bypass the breathalyzer, they're basically playing Russian roulette.
Maybe stiffening the penalties for drunk driving could do the same thing?

Reactions: Finance85
ADVERTISEMENT