ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Maher Nails it

I saw Maher a couple of months ago at the Hulu Theater in New York. What was weird about the show was that it almost felt like the total opposite of a Trump rally you'd see in the Midwest. Anytime he mentioned a Conservative like Cruz or Pence, the crowd would boo and hiss. Only thing missing was the 'Lock her up!' chant.

Ah!! Butttttt the small percentage who create the need for "regulations" are the new victims (of the left AND the right) in America today.....and THAT my friend is the real tragedy! These fringe folks get all the attention. And honestly for the most part, they don't amount to a shit.
I agree. Remember when our parents talked about the squeaky wheel stuff? They were right. A small band of squawkers on both sides of an issue are shouting over the vast number of those in the middle.

The GOP is infected with the extreme right conservatives.
The Democrats are contaminated with the extreme left
liberals. This where the hollering and yelling is going on.
The majority sits in the middle of both political parties
and take abuse from the extreme wings of their parties.

Bottom Line: The folks in the middle need intelligent
and dynamic young leaders to lead us out of our current
nightmare.

The GOP is infected with the extreme right conservatives.
The Democrats are contaminated with the extreme left
liberals. This where the hollering and yelling is going on.
The majority sits in the middle of both political parties
and take abuse from the extreme wings of their parties.

Bottom Line: The folks in the middle need intelligent
and dynamic young leaders to lead us out of our current
nightmare.
/thread

I agree with Maher most of the time, but I would disagree with him (and most of you) who keep claiming that today’s political climate is due to the crazies on both sides.

The fringe left is genuinely a very small (but vocal) percentage of Democrats. That’s why people like Warren and AOC don’t get any traction nationally, and we generally end up with the most moderate Dem candidate.

On the other hand, the fringe right has completely taken over the Republican Party. 75% of Republicans think that Biden didn’t win the 2020 election. In order to go anywhere in the Republican Party today, you are required to grovel at the feet of an unhinged lunatic, because that is what the Republican electorate requires.

The framing of this as a “both sides” issue just simply isn’t true.

Maher is a national treasure. I don't agree with him on everything, but he tries to speak the truth rather than pander to focus groups.

I'm not diving into you other guys side arguments.
National treasure my ass. He's retarding your progressive movement! The squad is pushing for the elimination of prisons in a mere 10 years. Bail is finally being eliminated and we are all beginning to understand it's nothing more than racist control. The world has never been a safer or better place. The rise in crime is fake news reported only by Fox. As long as you're not a stinking Cuban, anyone can walk right across our Southern border. As soon as our Vice President has time to visit the border, we'll be able to eliminate it and save all kinds of money. Shucks, we can finally set an example for the world and eliminate all our borders.

You progressives are winning and we're all joining your cause. Keep up the good work. We're all following you smart people.

I agree. Remember when our parents talked about the squeaky wheel stuff? They were right. A small band of squawkers on both sides of an issue are shouting over the vast number of those in the middle.
This man HATES YOUR GUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

iu

National treasure my ass. He's retarding your progressive movement! The squad is pushing for the elimination of prisons in a mere 10 years. Bail is finally being eliminated and we are all beginning to understand it's nothing more than racist control. The world has never been a safer or better place. The rise in crime is fake news reported only by Fox. As long as you're not a stinking Cuban, anyone can walk right across our Southern border. As soon as our Vice President has time to visit the border, we'll be able to eliminate it and save all kinds of money. Shucks, we can finally set an example for the world and eliminate all our borders.

You progressives are winning and we're all joining your cause. Keep up the good work. We're all following you smart people.

Former VP of College GOP in college. You can say whatever you want about me. I'm not ashamed of being liberal/moderate now. Calling Maher retarded says more about you than it does about him

Former VP of College GOP in college. You can say whatever you want about me. I'm not ashamed of being liberal/moderate now. Calling Maher retarded says more about you than it does about him
Check your dictionary. He's retarding your movement. I didn't say he was retarded.

So saying a called Maher retarded actually reflects on you. You're a lawyer damn it, act like one!!

Check your dictionary. He's retarding your movement. I didn't say he was retarded.

So saying a called Maher retarded actually reflects on you. You're a lawyer damn it, act like one!!

You chose to use the word. Plenty of other words that you could have used in place of it. And it is not my movement.

Come on man, be better.

You chose to use the word. Plenty of other words that you could have used in place of it. And it is not my movement.

Come on man, be better.
Jeebus.
Impeding?
Blocking?
Standing in the way?

Big damn deal. I understood what he was saying immediately, even though the lefty a-holes on here love to say I'm not very bright. (That's frustration their part but like, whatevs 🙄)
Be better? Not sure if serious.

I agree with Maher most of the time, but I would disagree with him (and most of you) who keep claiming that today’s political climate is due to the crazies on both sides.

The fringe left is genuinely a very small (but vocal) percentage of Democrats. That’s why people like Warren and AOC don’t get any traction nationally, and we generally end up with the most moderate Dem candidate.

On the other hand, the fringe right has completely taken over the Republican Party. 75% of Republicans think that Biden didn’t win the 2020 election. In order to go anywhere in the Republican Party today, you are required to grovel at the feet of an unhinged lunatic, because that is what the Republican electorate requires.

Here’s your end thread.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Jeebus.
Impeding?
Blocking?
Standing in the way?

Big damn deal. I understood what he was saying immediately, even though the lefty a-holes on here love to say I'm not very bright. (That's frustration their part but like, whatevs 🙄)
Apparently there's a mystical page with aporoved words for HROT. Consequently it also contains a list of approved websites to link to in case you wanted to back up a point. Unfortunately evey time I've asked where it's at nobody can give an answer.

Reactions: goldmom

Omg 😂

Jeebus.
Impeding?
Blocking?
Standing in the way?

I'm definitely serious. Grown ups should look, speak, write like grown ups. Not a hard concept for anyone with a brain.

You must not venture out onto other forms of social media too often

Lazy way out if you give me my humble opinion. Plenty of other terminology to use.
Do you have family with Down’s? I understand being sensitive if it was used differently, but, the term fire retardant is still used and comes up on auto correct, so it’s not offensive. I guess I’m saying I wouldn’t derail the thread.

Do you have family with Down’s? I understand being sensitive if it was used differently, but, the term fire retardant is still used and comes up on auto correct, so it’s not offensive. I guess I’m saying I wouldn’t derail the thread.

Nah, the poster that used term clearly doesn't care. Like I said, plenty of other terms to use

You couldn't be more wrong. Let me.know how that Penn swimmer is doing ...

Political parties mean nothing any more. There are a handful of people who value individualism and liberty on one side and a huge mass of people who want to rule with and be ruled by an amalgamation of government/corporate/ media “experts”. I think it’s best to forget about being a D or an R, look at issues in this light and decide where you stand.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I do. And most here know I’m the R-Word police around here. Its an exhausting job here on HROT and some days, I just don’t have the energy.

@Herkmeister actually used the word correctly, without derogatory meaning. @Jimmy McGill posted that he called him the R-Word. He did not. @Jimmy McGill doubles down rather than admitting error or apologizing. BAU for HROT.

I do. And most here know I’m the R-Word police around here. Its an exhausting job here on HROT and some days, I just don’t have the energy.

@Herkmeister actually used the word correctly, without derogatory meaning. @Jimmy McGill posted that he called him the R-Word. He did not. @Jimmy McGill doubles down rather than admitting error or apologizing. BAU for HROT.
I know you enough to know that using that word brings the heat from you, totally reasonable and appropriate. Not sure what the deal with @Jimmy McGill is

Agreed. And one party does take more than the other. Maher is about my age and like me, as he ages, he has turned into a more moderate Democrat away from the progressive edge of the party. However, being a comedian, he understand the importance of the edges of both political parties...that is where "the news" (or is it, "the noise") is made......
The huge problem with Maher is that he's a sexist pig who doesn't get to be a sexist pig anymore without pushback and so he equates MAINSTREAM positions in the Republican party with trivial PERSONAL, FRINGE issues with the Democratic party.

The guy aligns himself with movement conservative "free speech" complete hypocrites like Bari Weiss cause he can't do his "grab em by the pussy" schtick any more. Throwing in the whole solar panel regulation nonsense gave away the game. Anything that inconveniences Bill Maher or makes him feel uncomfortable is "oppression" on the level of mainstream Republican MAGA land telling people to "watch what they say", or trying to overthrown elections and ban books.

The huge problem with Maher is that he's a sexist pig who doesn't get to be a sexist pig anymore without pushback and so he equates MAINSTREAM positions in the Republican party with trivial PERSONAL, FRINGE issues with the Democratic party.

The guy aligns himself with movement conservative "free speech" complete hypocrites like Bari Weiss cause he can't do his "grab em by the pussy" schtick any more. Throwing in the whole solar panel regulation nonsense gave away the game. Anything that inconveniences Bill Maher or makes him feel uncomfortable is "oppression" on the level of mainstream Republican MAGA land telling people to "watch what they say", or trying to overthrown elections and ban books.
You’re dumb, if you think the left isn’t going off the rails with the people who menstruate, people who give birth shit

You’re dumb, if you think the left isn’t going off the rails with the people who menstruate, people who give birth shit
LOL, you wouldn't be aware of any of this without rightwing media concentrating on it, and it's trivial and completely unimportant. Just as no one on the right really has to worry about anyone taking your guns, no one except an extreme fringe is gonna give you any crap about saying women menstruate and women give birth.

It's a great example of how the Republican party and their media arms have perverted politics by making culture war bullshit what politics is about in this country. And then Bill Maher joins up with them and validates their bullshit just because these days the liberals look down on him for hanging out with Hef at the Playboy Mansion.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT