Jan 29, 2015
His numbers at Florida:

19 career seasons
467-186 (.715)
winningest coach in Florida history

4 Final Four appearances

2 National Championships (2006, 2007)

16 straight 20 win seasons (1998-2014)

He is just 49 years old; he will turn 50 next month.

Last edited:
Leaving behind four recruits ranked in the top 150. All of whom signed their LOI's already.

It is hard to think through how this shakes out. Florida could try to name Anthony Grant (recently hired as an assistant after being fired by Alabama) as head coach. But I think that would be unlikely to satisfy the faithful and keep the roster intact, since he was just fired by Alabama. And putting an interim label on his title would create a year of recruiting limbo that would be disastrous for the program.

So they are probably hunting for a new head coach. I think that they will have to reach for someone from the mid-major realm, or someone who hasn't quite proven himself from the high-major realm. While the recruiting class is signed, I don't think that they can afford to have a protracted search before recruits start getting uneasy and asking out of LOIs. So they will have to move quickly with someone that they think will jump.

You have to figure that Archie Miller and Chris Mack would be on the short list (Gregg Marshall too, but I don't see him jumping). After that, the list gets pretty sketchy. If they miss on a couple choices, they could be looking at the younger Pitino.

If I was Florida AD, I would tell Pitino,Sr. to mind his own business.

Interesting to see if the new management can turn things around in Chicago. There has been zero direction lately. They certainly got a good coach. But they need to dump some of their players. They gave Otto Porter way too much money.

Interesting to see if the new management can turn things around in Chicago. There has been zero direction lately. They certainly got a good coach. But they need to dump some of their players. They gave Otto Porter way too much money.

They didn't give Otto Porter too much money, they traded for him.

They need to trade almost everyone. Honestly not sure who is even a decent player on that team. I miss the D Rose days and Butler days.

yeah hard to know who is worth keeping. I have a feeling they haven't had the most capable development team there. Both the young bigs haven't shown the improvement you want. I am hoping the management and coaching they brought in can turn that around. OKC did a good job with their young guys. And they management guys they brought in are from Denver and the other guy worked for 76ers and Raptors. Orgs that have all done a way better job lately in drafting and developing. This draft isn't great but hopefully with the new team the get a high upside guy that develops.

yeah hard to know who is worth keeping. I have a feeling they haven't had the most capable development team there. Both the young bigs haven't shown the improvement you want. I am hoping the management and coaching they brought in can turn that around. OKC did a good job with their young guys. And they management guys they brought in are from Denver and the other guy worked for 76ers and Raptors. Orgs that have all done a way better job lately in drafting and developing. This draft isn't great but hopefully with the new team the get a high upside guy that develops.
I would like a PG that is a scorer. Murray, Curry type guy. Hard to get at that level but it opens so much of the offense up with a guy that can do that.

Reactions: David1979
I would like a PG that is a scorer. Murray, Curry type guy. Hard to get at that level but it opens so much of the offense up with a guy that can do that.

https%3A%2F%2Fpippenainteasy.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F1194004000-850x560.jpeg

Reactions: Louis3Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT