- Nov 10, 2006
View the full thread (it’s 9 tweets) for the full breakdown
- Funds red flag laws for every state that allow courts to take guns away from people who are a danger to themselves
- Closing the boyfriend loophole: if you assault your girlfriend or ex girlfriend, you lose your right to own a gun
- For under 21 year old gun buyers: enhanced background checks including calling the local police department to see if kid is in mental crisis. This check has a 3-10 day cool off period for young people before they’re allowed to purchase the gun.
- Banning straw purchases
- Bill clarifies who needs to register as a federal firearms dealer to make sure every commercial gun seller is doing background checks
- $11 billion investment in mental healthcare reform building nationwide mental clinics
- $2 billion in community safety by funding community anti-violence programs in our cities, and school safety initiatives, by increasing funds for the existing bipartisan STOP School Violence program.