ADVERTISEMENT

Birmingham Southern baseball, <almost> national champs for a nonexistent school

funksouljon

HR Heisman
Jan 26, 2004
STL area
I didn't see any thread about this.

Team was playing for their brothers and the names on the backs of the jersey. And how cool is it that they found a way to let the team keep playing, even if they school was formally shut BEFORE the game?

I see a dramatic, feel good baseball movie in the future.

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
Birmingham-Southern College played the Warhawks of Wisconsin-Whitewater to the final inning, but came out on the losing end in a key game of the Division III College World Series in Eastlake, Ohio.

The game was tied at 10 going into the bottom of the 9th inning when No. 3 seed Wisconsin-Whitewater hit a walk-off home run, ending the game 11-10.

Birmingham-Southern College played the Warhawks of Wisconsin-Whitewater to the final inning, but came out on the losing end in a key game of the Division III College World Series in Eastlake, Ohio.

The game was tied at 10 going into the bottom of the 9th inning when No. 3 seed Wisconsin-Whitewater hit a walk-off home run, ending the game 11-10.

Yeah, I was hoping to will the results to be different. Perhaps if we just keep SAYING they won, it will happen.

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT