ADVERTISEMENT

Black anthem to be played before National anthem in week one of NFL.

First learn how to quote. Second of all what is your point? Other countries had slaves too I'm sure. So we should owe blacks for slavery 200 years ago but not owe the Mexicans/natives anything for stealing their land and all the valuable ground they had? Ok....

“Stolen from them”

How did they gain control of said lands? This is common woke nonsense that needs to be debunked. Natives murdered and terrorized and “stole land” from each other long before “evil” Europeans came. Then many owned slaves after that.

Are we changing the name of Washington’s NFL franchise because the name is racist or because many Native Americans owned slaves as well? I can’t keep track anymore. Hopefully someone creates a Woke app soon to help keep track of the Up to the minute Leftist Standings on which groups are evil because of their DNA and which aren’t, I’m having trouble keeping track.
Read post above. if it's okay since others did it,then slavery is okay as others did that too. I guess so are segregation and racism because it's not just in America. Is that your point? Okay then....

NFL doesn’t miss you guys. 47 out of the top 50 watched shows last year were The NFL with Sunday night Football dominating again. And that’s with all the fake military bs that all you righties should love. So enjoy watching whatever it is you are watching. Lol. Politics and sports don’t mix.

NFL doesn’t miss you guys. 47 out of the top 50 watched shows last year were The NFL with Sunday night Football dominating again. And that’s with all the fake military bs that all you righties should love. So enjoy watching whatever it is you are watching. Lol. Politics and sports don’t mix.

Don’t care what you or the NFL think, I will not watch.

Reactions: Pete in LA
I must have missed all the kneeling last year...

Don’t want to watch the best athletes in the world because they have differing opinions about the national anthem? You are free to not watch. The anthem takes 2-3 minutes BEFORE the game, do you go to the game to watch the anthem and then leave? I care about the game. Goodell bowed to the pressure last time and has changed his position, as again, the majority of the league is black. He’s realized that without the players he’s got no product. Or he get all the scabs and form a all white league. The Patriot league they could call it I guess. Lol!

Reactions: Bee93
Don’t want to watch the best athletes in the world because they have differing opinions about the national anthem? You are free to not watch. The anthem takes 2-3 minutes BEFORE the game, do you go to the game to watch the anthem and then leave? I care about the game. Goodell bowed to the pressure last time and has changed his position, as again, the majority of the league is black. He’s realized that without the players he’s got no product. Or he get all the scabs and form a all white league. The Patriot league they could call it I guess. Lol!
You don't care what others think and they don't care what you think.
Gotcha :)

I'd like to see what the players think/do if their salaries start dropping.

If the 1-2% like you guys don’t watch it will do zero to their salaries. Zero. You guys just hate that they don’t just shut up and play for your enjoyment, don’t you?

Reactions: Bee93
If the 1-2% like you guys don’t watch it will do zero to their salaries. Zero. You guys just hate that they don’t just shut up and play for your enjoyment, don’t you?
1-2%.....where is the link to that survey? Lol

Btw kneeling isn't my only issue...things like the scripted celebrations and photo ops after tds are tacky as hell. Make me feel like I'm watching WWE or something lol.

Sunday night FB has been the number 1 prime time tv show 10 years in a row, with nothing a close second. Don’t know what else to tell you.

I’m fully prepared for all the people saying they would have no problem with a form of protest as long as its not during the anthem having a problem with this form of protest that isn’t during the anthem.

No problem if they stand for both.

But, a separate anthem for blacks? Seems like they’re trying hard to bring back segregationist ideas for some reason.

Last edited:

uAwChC5.jpg

Reactions: cmhawks99

Last year there wasn't a lot of controversy surrounding the NFL. If they take a hardline SJW stance their ratings will probably suffer, maybe significantly.

We can't start acting like we are more than one country or we have lost all we have striven for for all these years.

My guess is that if there was a random poll of African Americans on the name or first line the correct response would be very near zero.

Go Hawks!!

I don’t support this idea as it seems divisive and pointless. A bad idea IMO. Want a better idea? Just dump the national anthem from all sporting events. It’s pointless and completely unnecessary. We’re all waiting to watch athletes play a game, I fail to see the relevance or connection between the two. Just play the damn game.

I don’t support this idea as it seems divisive and pointless. A bad idea IMO. Want a better idea? Just dump the national anthem from all sporting events. It’s pointless and completely unnecessary. We’re all waiting to watch athletes play a game, I fail to see the relevance or connection between the two. Just play the damn game.
Cuz football>futbol!

Sounds like you are describing the players.

No, I’m describing the fans (like you) who are throwing hissy fits and refusing to watch games because some of the players have different political ideologies. Those individuals are triggered little snowflakes that spend all day hiding in their safe space and sucking their thumb.

Reactions: littlez
No, I’m describing the fans (like you) who are throwing hissy fits and refusing to watch games because some of the players have different political ideologies. Those individuals are triggered little snowflakes that spend all day hiding in their safe space and sucking their thumb.
Yes, don't stand up for your beliefs, that makes you a snowflake lol. You're a sissy snowflake for caring if others watch football FYI....

I have no issue with other political ideologies. This also has no bearing on political ideology. Its has to do with inappropriate political statements while at work and on the fans dime while disrespecting the National Anthem while doing so.
I see you are unable to to engage in public discourse without ad hominem
rhetoric so there is no need for you to respond.

The NBA lead by LeBron believe in social justice but only in this country. If you are a resident of Hong Kong under oppression by China that’s fine with them because China pumps in a lot of money. Daryl Morey gets blasted constantly by LeBron, the NBA and ESPN for his pro Hong Kong tweet. Funny how that works

Yep, the NFL is not what it used to be.
A lot of things aren’t. Ah, the good old days, when a guy could end a bad day at work by going to a bar, drinking more than he should, all the while referring to “different “ people as n**** or sp** or ch***, drive home drunk and smack the wife and kids around because they wouldn’t fight back. Simpler times for simpler people.
Maybe instead of thinking that everything had to fit into your own world view, just enjoy the things you like and tolerate what you don’t. It’s not that hard and easier on your blood pressure.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT