ADVERTISEMENT

Black Male Facing Murder Charges After Allegedly Pushing Woman In Front Of Moving Subway Train

Apr 18, 2021
Buckhead GA
This is an ongoing problem in NYC people being pushed into or in front of subway trains.

Simon Martial, 61, was arrested and charged Saturday shortly after the mid-morning incident, a spokesperson for the New York Police Department confirmed to PEOPLE. The victim has been confirmed as Michelle Alyssa Go of the Upper West Side.

At a Saturday news conference, NYPD Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell said the victim was waiting for a train on the RQ platform at the Times Square Station on 42nd Street when the suspect pushed her onto the tracks in front of a southbound R line train around 9:30 a.m. local time.

Go was found "unconscious and unresponsive" on the train tracks when officers arrived, per the NYPD statement obtained by PEOPLE. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police believe the incident was "unprovoked" and that the victim did not appear to have interacted with the suspect prior to her death, Sewell added.

"This was a senseless — absolutely senseless — act of violence," said the commissioner during Saturday's news conference. "Our investigators are actively investigating this crime and our uniformed officers will remain vigilant throughout the subway system."

• Wow
Reactions: HawkFan1298
The portion you copied and pasted does not mention race, skimming through the linked article i didnt see mention of race of the assailant, i did not watch the videos in the link…so wondering what the inportance was for OP to put race in the thread title?

and it looks like he was arrested and will go through the legal system and will likely be held accountable

Whats the problem, OP?

This is an ongoing problem in NYC people being pushed into or in front of subway trains.

Simon Martial, 61, was arrested and charged Saturday shortly after the mid-morning incident, a spokesperson for the New York Police Department confirmed to PEOPLE. The victim has been confirmed as Michelle Alyssa Go of the Upper West Side.

At a Saturday news conference, NYPD Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell said the victim was waiting for a train on the RQ platform at the Times Square Station on 42nd Street when the suspect pushed her onto the tracks in front of a southbound R line train around 9:30 a.m. local time.

Go was found "unconscious and unresponsive" on the train tracks when officers arrived, per the NYPD statement obtained by PEOPLE. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police believe the incident was "unprovoked" and that the victim did not appear to have interacted with the suspect prior to her death, Sewell added.

"This was a senseless — absolutely senseless — act of violence," said the commissioner during Saturday's news conference. "Our investigators are actively investigating this crime and our uniformed officers will remain vigilant throughout the subway system."

This is what happens when we let mentally ill homeless go untreated and uncontrolled. Atlanta has a huge problem and the homeless advocates say it is not humane to disturb them in their encampments. I say it is inhumane to allow these camps to exist. We have one a mile long in town and there are frequent fires with propane takes nearby. Firemen are going to get injured fighting these fires. They've already burned down 2 bridges and almost a 3rd. They steal from yards, porches, vehicles, stores...

This is what happens when we let mentally ill homeless go untreated and uncontrolled. Atlanta has a huge problem and the homeless advocates say it is not humane to disturb them in their encampments. I say it is inhumane to allow these camps to exist. We have one a mile long in town and there are frequent fires with propane takes nearby. Firemen are going to get injured fighting these fires. They've already burned down 2 bridges and almost a 3rd. They steal from yards, porches, vehicles, stores...
You said Atlanta but you could easily be describing San Fran, Seattle, Portland or LA.

Reactions: Pepperman
The portion you copied and pasted does not mention race, skimming through the linked article i didnt see mention of race of the assailant, i did not watch the videos in the link…so wondering what the inportance was for OP to put race in the thread title?

and it looks like he was arrested and will go through the legal system and will likely be held accountable

Whats the problem, OP?
Had the perpetrator been wearing a MAGA hat the media and yourselves would have been all over it, the perp happened to be a black male and was identified as such in the thread title. I fail to find the issue with accurate reporting.

Reactions: NI hawk

Whats the problem, OP?
My work is done.

Had the perpetrator been wearing a MAGA hat the media and yourselves would have been all over it, the perp happened to be a black male and was identified as such in the thread title. I fail to find the issue with accurate reporting.
Good point, Chief. We see MAGAs as the enemy so we make sure to identify them as such when they commit crimes. You see black males as the enemy so you make sure to identify them as such when they commit crimes. Fair is fair I guess.

Would you agree it’s not Republicans allowing this to happen?

Reactions: 24 so far

Whats the problem, OP?

I agree. Let's blame the the article's failures on the OP.

No shit its in the thread title. Didnt see it mentioned reading your copy/paste, didnt see it when i skimmed the linked article. I had to go to another link within your linked page to see it was a black man from the video they posted….

so what is your problem, that the media didnt mention it (from the group that always cries about race being brought into it) or because a black man did it? You upset that it didnt trigger protests that you could complain about?

Reactions: nelly02
Would you agree it’s not Republicans allowing this to happen?
The problem is one of mental illness. Jimmy Carter signed into law the Mental Health Systems Act which provided funding to deal with the mentally ill. In 1981 President Ronald Reagan and the U.S. Congress repealed most of the law. The MHSA was considered landmark legislation in mental health care policy.

There is no place other than government to deal with these folks because no one else will fund it. Putting them in jail is not the answer.

Black men strike again.
FJQ2pedXMAIjR2C

Why is it a failure? Aren’t you cons always complaining when race is brought into anything?
It's a failure because the article is completely ignoring the root cause of what their own governor has called a "public health emergency" just two weeks ago.

"New York Governor Kathy Hochul declares racism a 'public health emergency' and specifically points to surge in Asian hate crimes" - Dailymail​

Every single Asian hate crime I've seen in like the last three years has been committed by blacks and most of them have been violent assaults. Their own Governor literally declared it a "public health emergency" so why is it so hard to be honest and transparent about what's really going on?

I never stand at the edge of the platform when waiting for a train. Too easy for someone to push you or for you to get bumped and lose your balance.

It's a failure because the article is completely ignoring the root cause of what their own governor has called a "public health emergency" just two weeks ago.

"New York Governor Kathy Hochul declares racism a 'public health emergency' and specifically points to surge in Asian hate crimes" - Dailymail​

Every single Asian hate crime I've seen in like the last three years has been committed by blacks and most of them have been violent assaults. Their own Governor literally declared it a "public health emergency" so why is it so hard to be honest and transparent about what's really going on?
The spa shooter in georgia was black or did that happen more than three years ago? Time flies in the pandemic.

Is this an asian hate crime or an issue with people being pushed into subway tracks?

There have been some of these high profile subway pushings, in the latter half even of 2021."

And the linked article does mention mental health:

"We want to continue to highlight how imperative it is that people receive the right mental health services, particularly on our subway system," the mayor said. "To lose a New Yorker in this fashion will only continue to elevate the fears of individuals not using our subway system."

But if its really that important for you to score a point and call it an asian hate crime, than so be it. Its a hate crime. Obviously you didnt bring the same passion for asian hate crimes in threads about the massage parlor shootings (i dont care enough to go back and searxv) since you adnitted than any example of asian hate crime you have seen in three years was from a black person.

We need more involuntary psychiatric wards and fewer overseas bases.

Reactions: nelly02
It’s impossible to build enough facilities for all the mentally ill people.

between drugs, alcohol, and the internet there is an explosion of mental illness and homeless.

I don’t see an answer and I don’t city a city or state that has figured anything out.

Why do black people hate Asians so much?

Asians are very successful without blaming white people and begging the government for help. Asians in this country prove that systemic racism is a myth. They prove that poverty can be overcome in a single generation and it doesn't take 150 years (and counting). They prove that success can be achieved with a strong focus on family, education, hard work, and personal responsibility. All of which are considered "selling out" in large parts the black community.

Asians are very successful without blaming white people and begging the government for help. Asians in this country prove that systemic racism is a myth. They prove that poverty can be overcome in a single generation and it doesn't take 150 years (and counting). They prove that success can be achieved with a strong focus on family, education, hard work, and personal responsibility. All of which are considered "selling out" in large parts the black community.
Wow. Someone doesn't like black people.

The problem is one of mental illness. Jimmy Carter signed into law the Mental Health Systems Act which provided funding to deal with the mentally ill. In 1981 President Ronald Reagan and the U.S. Congress repealed most of the law. The MHSA was considered landmark legislation in mental health care policy.

There is no place other than government to deal with these folks because no one else will fund it. Putting them in jail is not the answer.

Why don’t you fix it now then? Adopt a platform that takes every single one of them off the streets for a long time until they’re either rehabilitated or dead? I think most Rs could get behind that plan. But now I bet you don’t like the sound of it???

And you really don’t care about assaults on asians.

congrats on pretending like you do
I sure as hell care more about it than the people committing the violent assaults. Seriously, why are you mad at me? I'm not the one beating on an Asian every other day.

Don't be mad at me for simply being honest, in that the black community is not being held accountable for all these beatings and assaults.

Ask any Asian on the street and listen to what they share with you

I sure as hell care more about it than the people committing the violent assaults. Seriously, why are you mad at me? I'm not the one beating on an Asian every other day.

Don't be mad at me for simply being honest, in that the black community is not being held accountable for all these beatings and assaults.

Ask any Asian on the street and listen to what they share with you
It sounds like you just get worked up when its black people committing crimes. I am sure you were equally outraged when it was a white guy shooting asians in massage parlors……Of course you weren’t, because you admittedly said every asian hate crime you saw in the last three year was committed by a black person.

i am sure you also found Trump’s “kung-flu” comments hilarious and witty as well

It sounds like you just get worked up when its black people committing crimes. I am sure you were equally outraged when it was a white guy shooting asians in massage parlors……Of course you weren’t, because you admittedly said every asian hate crime you saw in the last three year was committed by a black person.

i am sure you also found Trump’s “kung-flu” comments hilarious and witty as well
So black people violently assaulting Asians on a regular basis means I'm a racist.

Excellent theory.

Do the Asian students still sleep in the library at the UI? Hard working folk.

I remember taking some stats and probability course. Was actually part of the actuarial program, pretty rigorous to begin with. Step in first day: ALL Asians .... well, Bye. Found an easier class, iirc, lol.

• Wow
Reactions: West Duval Nole
ADVERTISEMENT