ADVERTISEMENT

Black man asks for dog to be put on leash...woman calls 911

I don't mind that the lady was 'doxxed'. Maybe that makes someone else think twice before making racist threats and lying to the police.
Might even save someone's life. So, exposing her behavior might help change others for the better.

Perhaps. Or perhaps his actions were perceived as a threat. I most certainly would view someone that was angry with me as a threat of they started trying to get my dog to come to him with a treat. Because that is exactly what it is .. a threat. It wasn't a friendly offer.

She also had the choice, at all points along the road, to clip the leash on her dog as local laws required. That would eliminate his treat as a potential threat and put her on the right side of the situation if he continued any kind of interaction.

Could he have de-escalated? Yes? Then he shares blame. I didn't say they were the same thing...but if the confrontation can be avoided and ANYONE doesn't act the way I think they should, they share the blame. Or is that not what you guys are selling here?
Your analogy is a complete failure for at least a couple of reasons.

First, Sandmann literally did nothing wrong at all. He stayed in one spot. He didn’t approach or confront Phillips. He didn’t move into Phillips’ path. He simply stood silently in one spot while some old guy walked up to him and started pounding a drum inches from his face. It’s incomprehensible to me that you think he had any obligation to do anything else when that happened. Cooper, on the other hand, chose to antagonize the woman by trying to lure her dog away with treats as his way of teaching her a lesson about leashing her dog.

Second, Sandmann was doxxed. And a number of posters on this site, notably Menace, enthusiastically supported him getting doxxed. No one here is saying Cooper should have been doxxed. Quite the opposite, in fact. My point is that no one should have been doxxed in either case.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I don't mind that the lady was 'doxxed'. Maybe that makes someone else think twice before making racist threats and lying to the police.
Might even save someone's life. So, exposing her behavior might help change others for the better.
I hate it for her and for everyone associated with her. One person could have prevented it. But she felt enough privilege that she thought she could threaten him directly and get away with it. She was wrong.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Your analogy is a complete failure for at least a couple of reasons.

First, Sandmann literally did nothing wrong at all. He stayed in one spot. He didn’t approach or confront Phillips. He didn’t move into Phillips’ path. He simply stood silently in one spot while some old guy walked up to him and started pounding a drum inches from his face. It’s incomprehensible to me that you think he had any obligation to do anything else when that happened. Cooper, on the other hand, chose to antagonize the woman by trying to lure her dog away with treats as his way of teaching her a lesson about leashing her dog.

Second, Sandmann was doxxed. And a number of posters on this site, notably Menace, enthusiastically supported him getting doxxed. No one here is saying Cooper should have been doxxed. Quite the opposite, in fact. My point is that no one should have been doxxed in either case.
LOL...had her dog been on a leash there would have been no "threat"...which she never identified as a threat, btw. So your claim is full of shit. The only thing she bitched about was him filming her. Over and over. I suppose THAT escalated the situation, right? He should NEVER have filmed her and she wouldn't have gone ballistic. His fault.

LOL...pointing out your hypocrisy requires nothing from me. Others see the same thing.
In that case, answer the man’s question instead of taking a personal shot at me even though I wasn’t the one who posed the question.

Can you please share how you interpreted what I wrote that the man offering a treat was more of an escalator than the actions of the woman?

In that case, answer the man’s question instead of taking a personal shot at me even though I wasn’t the one who posed the question.
His actions didn't escalate anything. At all. She admits it in her diatribe. She is ONLY concerned about his phone. Find one word of concern she speaks concerning the dog she's dragging by it's throat as she confronts him. So you either have to admit that it's being videoed that sets her off or invent BS...your specialty. And if you force yourself to make that admission, you then have to blame him for THAT escalation.

Reactions: Raglefant
I hate it for her and for everyone associated with her. One person could have prevented it. But she felt enough privilege that she thought she could threaten him directly and get away with it. She was wrong.
hqdefault.jpg

His actions didn't escalate anything. At all. She admits it in her diatribe. She is ONLY concerned about his phone. Find one word of concern she speaks concerning the dog she's dragging by it's throat as she confronts him. So you either have to admit that it's being videoed that sets her off or invent BS...your specialty. And if you force yourself to make that admission, you then have to blame him for THAT escalation.
Link to her diatribe?

By his own account, when Christian called to the dog and offered it treats, Amy responded by yelling “Don’t you touch my dog!”. So clearly she was upset by both his video recording and his attempt to lure her dog away from her.

I don’t know what she wrote in this ‘diatribe’ you referenced, but my guess is it was an after-the-fact attempt to salvage her job and defuse the online harassment.

Her HR department did.
And they fired her.

I'm pretty well on-record in this thread about her idiocy in this whole matter and how she's the primary blame (it would have ended at any point if she leashed her dog as she was supposed to).....but I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to say her company fired her based on her side of the story. It appears that the doxxers my have DOS-ed the company website, so they may well have just gotten rid of her to be rid of the PR episode entirely.

Again, not a defense. Just the reality.

Huh? A few minutes ago you posted that the kid Sandman DID deserve some blame since he did not de-escalate the situation with Nathan Phillips, as he did not move out of the way as Phillips approached him. Note that Sandman played no role whatsoever in inviting Phillips to approach him and bang the drum at him, etc, unless you count smiling as an escalating behavior.

But here on this subject, you don't think that the videographer Cooper escalated anything even as he overtly offered a treat to the loose dog and videotaped the encounter.

I am just trying to follow your double standard. Why wouldn't you apply the same standard to both situations? How did Sandman escalate things doing nothing and Cooper not escalate things while doing some things in response to the loose dog?

Reactions: TJ8869
Link to her diatribe?
smh...she told him she was going to report an African American man was threatening her life while dragging her choking dog around by it's collar. Maybe it's the vocab that has you stumped.

di·a·tribe
/ˈdīəˌtrīb/

noun
noun: diatribe; plural noun: diatribes
a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.

Huh? A few minutes ago you posted that the kid Sandman DID deserve some blame since he did not de-escalate the situation with Nathan Phillips, as he did not move out of the way as Phillips approached him. Note that Sandman played no role whatsoever in inviting Phillips to approach him and bang the drum at him, etc, unless you count smiling as an escalating behavior.

But here on this subject, you don't think that the videographer Cooper escalated anything even as he overtly offered a treat to the loose dog and videotaped the encounter.

I am just trying to follow your double standard. Why wouldn't you apply the same standard to both situations? How did Sandman escalate things doing nothing and Cooper not escalate things while doing some things in response to the loose dog?
That’s how those guys roll. When they realize they can’t refute your point, their favorite tactic is to twist your words into something you didn’t say and try to force you to defend their alternate interpretation of your point. Tarheel’s been doing that for most of the 12 years that I’ve been posting on this board.

Huh? A few minutes ago you posted that the kid Sandman DID deserve some blame since he did not de-escalate the situation with Nathan Phillips, as he did not move out of the way as Phillips approached him.
Damn...try to keep up. FTR, I don't think EITHER of them - neither Sandmann nor C. Cooper is to blame. I'm trying to figure out how YOU or TJ can fault one but not the other. Hypocrisy.

And drop the dog treat thing. That wasn't what she was upset about.

smh...she told him she was going to report an African American man was threatening her life while dragging her choking dog around by it's collar. Maybe it's the vocab that has you stumped.

di·a·tribe
/ˈdīəˌtrīb/

noun
noun: diatribe; plural noun: diatribes
a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
The fact that she threatened to call the police if he didn’t stop recording her does not, in any discipline of logic, prove that she was not also upset that moments earlier he had tried to lure her dog away from her. Your reasoning skills are absolutely abysmal.

That’s how those guys roll. When they realize they can’t refute your point, their favorite tactic is to twist your words into something you didn’t say and try to force you to defend their alternate interpretation of your point. Tarheel’s been doing that for most of the 12 years that I’ve been posting on this board.
Yes. This shit show is the doing of other people.
bill-maher-shaking-head-no.gif

I'm pretty well on-record in this thread about her idiocy in this whole matter and how she's the primary blame (it would have ended at any point if she leashed her dog as she was supposed to).....but I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to say her company fired her based on her side of the story. It appears that the doxxers my have DOS-ed the company website, so they may well have just gotten rid of her to be rid of the PR episode entirely.

Again, not a defense. Just the reality.

I doubt they did it w/o 'cause'. Otherwise, they're risking her suing them over it; and folks that make 7-figure salaries LOVE to use the legal system to sue over stuff like this. Reasonably sure they'd have covered their butts on this one.

And there's not a lot they NEED to verify:
  • Was that you? (Y)
  • Did you actually make a 911 call regarding this incident? (Y)
  • Did you actually fear for your life, while not distancing yourself from the purported hazard and lie to the 911 operator? (N)
  • Do you understand how this negatively conveys this company's image? (IDK)
You done. Not a whole lot they HAVE to verify, because most companies have employment language to handle this explicitly. She was probably a real 'joy' to work with, anyway, with her entitled attitude. I'm guessing underlings at that company cheered when she was tossed.

The fact that she threatened to call the police if he didn’t stop recording her does not, in any discipline of logic, prove that she was not also upset that moments earlier he had tried to lure her dog away from her. Your reasoning skills are absolutely abysmal.

She didn't "threaten" to call police. She DID.

Imma speculate here that if she'd simply FAKED that call, she may still have her job.
The fact she was willing to commit a crime and endanger someone else was precisely what got her tossed.

LOL...so she DID tell him to leave her dog alone? She did threaten to tell the police that he was...somehow...threatening HER DOG? I'll let you post the transcript and point that out. Maybe just one word of concern for her choking dog as she drags it choking and struggling across the ground and confronts him?

Let's say she was upset about the dog treat thing. So?
The worst part of the video is her on the phone claiming he's threatening her and her dog as she hangs the poor pooch by it's collar and it's choking, coughing and thrashing around.

Could you tell me what time she yelled "Don't touch my dog"? TIA
Still waiting for the time stamp where she yelled "Don't touch my dog"? Again...TIA
Lol. I guess 4 minutes was too long to wait for me to once again answer a question that has already been answered multiple times in this thread.

By his own account, Amy Cooper shouted "Don't you touch my dog!" moments before he pulled out his phone and started recording her. That's why it doesn't appear in the video. Unless you're calling Christian Cooper a liar. Are you calling Christian Cooper a liar?

Christian Cooper wrote, “I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.” He said she then yelled at him, “don’t you touch my dog.” Christian Cooper said, “That’s when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn…”

Last edited:
She didn't "threaten" to call police. She DID.
I'm well aware that she followed through on her threat to call police. My post was in response to Tarheel's reference to her 'diatribe'. And per Tarheel's definition, her 'diatribe' consisted of her threat to Cooper that she was going to call police.

Lol. I guess 4 minutes wasn't long enough to wait for me to once again answer a question that has already been answered multiple times in this thread.

By his own account, Amy Cooper shouted "Don't you touch my dog!" moments before he pulled out his phone and started recording her. That's why it doesn't appear in the video. Unless you're calling Christian Cooper a liar. Are you calling Christian Cooper a liar?

Christian Cooper wrote, “I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.” He said she then yelled at him, “don’t you touch my dog.” Christian Cooper said, “That’s when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn…”
What an overwhelming sense of accomplishment you must feel.

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT