ADVERTISEMENT

Blacks And Their Ridiculous "Causes"

If you have a lounge membership, you should read the thread there. People who actually understand nuance are having an intelligent discussion about what is going on (unfortunately that eliminates any interest for a few of you, particularly the OP).

There was a lot of great macro-race discussion in that thread.

None of it explained why the President of MU should lose his job.

Update. Mizzou faculty are also walking out off the job in show of solidarity.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missouri-faculty-staff-walk-students-solidarity-show/story?id=35068809
There has to be more to the story than a couple of isolated incidents.

Another thing I've never understood is the purpose of a "hunger strike." I don't know enough about the current tensions in Columbia, Mo., but every so often you hear about someone protesting by going on a hunger strike. I've never understood how that is supposed to make someone say "Oh, man, we've got to stop this otherwise this guy's going to starve himself to death." I say let them protest that way if they want to. They aren't hurting anybody else.

There has to be more to the story than a couple of isolated incidents.

Another thing I've never understood is the purpose of a "hunger strike." I don't know enough about the current tensions in Columbia, Mo., but every so often you hear about someone protesting by going on a hunger strike. I've never understood how that is supposed to make someone say "Oh, man, we've got to stop this otherwise this guy's going to starve himself to death." I say let them protest that way if they want to. They aren't hurting anybody else.
I imagine your reaction is supposed to be "There has to be more to the story than a couple of isolated incidents" because no one would risk death over a trivial matter.

This article goes into more detail, but it doesn't get to specifics until you get about halfway through the pretty long story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-in-mo-after-swastika-drawn-with-human-feces/

I read that whole article and I still have no clue why they are mad at the President of the University.

And also claiming that they want to feel safe on campus but then surrounding a guy's parade car with protesters and a microphone doesn't exactly make him feel safe you know?

The interesting part in all of this is that while the media does everything it can to stir the "racism" pot ... most people just go about their lives and work side by side and go about their lives. I work with people all over the country and the world. We're all just here just working to make a living.

I think "most" people in society understand the demographics are changing, and they are changing quickly. By 2050, Caucasians will be the minority ... In some major cities that is already the case. Not everything is about race - but in the media and the like, that is what it ends up being.. Sadly, I think some people are "taught" to be skeptical of Caucasians; they are "taught" to believe Caucasians are out to get them. In the meantime, African Americans, Asians, Hispanics ... we'll all continue to sit and work side-by-side at work and do our jobs.

I just struggle with the topic ... I live in Des Moines ... And yes, Iowa is a Caucasian-dominated state but at the company I work for we have people from different segments. And so if I read and believe all of the media accounts, and social media postings ... then my work neighbors ... and me ... should all hate each other. Now is as good as any time to be Hispanic, African American, Asian, etc. Different consumer segments are flourishing all around us so let's quit sending the message that everything is about racism against African Americans. Because it isn't.

Reactions: iammrhawkeyes
There was a lot of great macro-race discussion in that thread.

None of it explained why the President of MU should lose his job.

I disagree. There were multiple posts about why these players would be taking such a drastic stance, how the culture in Missouri is so hurt, and why it is important for the President to create a culture where people feel welcome.

I honestly think the discussions are all interrelated. You can't see where these football players are coming from unless you understand things like MB6 was posting.

1. President Fired
2 10% of their faculty needs to be black
3. They need to set up new PC groups

fred-thompson-hunt.jpg

The interesting part in all of this is that while the media does everything it can to stir the "racism" pot ... most people just go about their lives and work side by side and go about their lives. I work with people all over the country and the world. We're all just here just working to make a living.

I think "most" people in society understand the demographics are changing, and they are changing quickly. By 2050, Caucasians will be the minority ... In some major cities that is already the case. Not everything is about race - but in the media and the like, that is what it ends up being.. Sadly, I think some people are "taught" to be skeptical of Caucasians; they are "taught" to believe Caucasians are out to get them. In the meantime, African Americans, Asians, Hispanics ... we'll all continue to sit and work side-by-side at work and do our jobs.

I just struggle with the topic ... I live in Des Moines ... And yes, Iowa is a Caucasian-dominated state but at the company I work for we have people from different segments. And so if I read and believe all of the media accounts, and social media postings ... then my work neighbors ... and me ... should all hate each other. Now is as good as any time to be Hispanic, African American, Asian, etc. Different consumer segments are flourishing all around us so let's quit sending the message that everything is about racism against African Americans. Because it isn't.

Now just how is anyone going to make money off your everyone gets along world? So Megyn Kelly is going to lead with "Folks, we have an exclusive story just breaking in Des Moines Iowa - my staff has located a black man and a white man that don't hate each other."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT