ADVERTISEMENT

BLM Activist shoots an AK 47 5 x at a Car! Driver shoots back and kills him!

But we don’t know what Mr Foster would have done if the driver was unarmed. You don’t get to ignore that.
We don't. We do know what happened and it would not have for certain if the driver did not have a gun.

We don't. We do know what happened and it would not have for certain if the driver did not have a gun.
I bet he's glad he had his gun so he didn't have to find out.

We do know that 2 men each had a gun, One man made a poor choice and is dead. The other is alive. It was the poor choice that got him killed, not the gun.

Reactions: Nipigu
I bet he's glad he had his gun so he didn't have to find out.

We do know that 2 men each had a gun, One man made a poor choice and is dead. The other is alive. It was the poor choice that got him killed, not the gun.
It may very well be that two men made poor choices. And those choices likely started with bringing a gun.

It may very well be that two men made poor choices. And those choices likely started with bringing a gun.
I would look at the outcome and find it hard to say that the man that is alive and well made a poor choice. His choice to bring a gun, may very well be the only reason he is alive.

I would look at the outcome and find it hard to say that the man that is alive and well made a poor choice. His choice to bring a gun, may very well be the only reason he is alive.
Again, you are assuming his life was actually in danger and the only way out was to shoot the victim. We don't know that though. So given that, it stands that he may have made a very poor choice. He killed a man, for goodness sake.

And, again, if neither have a gun this tragedy doesn't happen. A point you are trying to ignore.

Which is, based on what we know now, why the driver was justified in shooting.
We don't know the driver was justified. And even if he was, if he or the victim didn't have a gun, none of this happens.

Nope. One man made a bad decision. That’s the real life fact that we know.
You don't know that. At all. We do know that the decision by both of them to bring a gun resulted in the shooting. That's the bigger picture.

You don't know that. At all. We do know that the decision by both of them to bring a gun resulted in the shooting. That's the bigger picture.

Actually we do. One man is alive and based on what we know the other made a fatal move.

Again, you are assuming his life was actually in danger and the only way out was to shoot the victim. We don't know that though. So given that, it stands that he may have made a very poor choice. He killed a man, for goodness sake.

And, again, if neither have a gun this tragedy doesn't happen. A point you are trying to ignore.
Any reasonable person would believe his life was in danger when the protester was point an AK 47 at him.

The problem with your logic, is that we can't make choices for other people, we can only make them for our self. With the violent protest going on, clearly it was the right decision to carry a firearm for self protection.

Any reasonable person would believe his life was in danger when the protester was point an AK 47 at him.

The problem with your logic, is that we can't make choices for other people, we can only make them for our self. With the violent protest going on, clearly it was the right decision to carry a firearm for self protection.
No. That's not clear at all. If he pointed the gun at him (which is not yet a fact) he still had the choice not to shoot at the person. Just like the lady in St. Louis, she pointed a gun at others but they chose not to shoot her. Would they have been justified in doing so? Perhaps. But few had guns so they couldn't and any who did chose not to shoot her, avoiding the tragedy.

There is a chance the victim would have shot the driver if he hadn't shot first, but that chance is very low. Again, if neither has a gun, no one gets shot. You seem to be conveniently forgetting that fact.

Yep.

Doesn’t make sense.

No bad judgement/move on Mr Foster’s yields no deaths.
I'm not surprised that it doesn't make sense. I'll try to dumb it down for you. The driver made a fatal decision - the fatality was someone else. The victim also made a fatal decision in bringing a gun.

No. That's not clear at all. If he pointed the gun at him (which is not yet a fact) he still had the choice not to shoot at the person. Just like the lady in St. Louis, she pointed a gun at others but they chose not to shoot her. Would they have been justified in doing so? Perhaps. But few had guns so they couldn't and any who did chose not to shoot her, avoiding the tragedy.

There is a chance the victim would have shot the driver if he hadn't shot first, but that chance is very low. Again, if neither has a gun, no one gets shot. You seem to be conveniently forgetting that fact.

How can you realistically say there is only a "very low chance" of the victim shooting the driver? You don't know that either.

Would they have been justified in doing so?
No, they were breaking the law by being there. Just as these protesters were breaking the law by blocking traffic.

There is a chance the victim would have shot the driver if he hadn't shot first, but that chance is very low.

You have absolutely no idea what his intent was, but the fact that he was pointing a loaded gun at the window would be a pretty good indicator that he was going to shoot him. Really bad decision there.

I'm not surprised that it doesn't make sense. I'll try to dumb it down for you. The driver made a fatal decision - the fatality was someone else. The victim also made a fatal decision in bringing a gun.

Perhaps you could make it less dumb, but I know you’re not a miracle worker

The victim was the driver. He made a decision to defend himself. The suspect made a a fatal decision to bring a gun and a fatal move to point the work end of his weapon at Mr Perry. Mr Perry appears to have been well trained and competent.

How can you realistically say there is only a "very low chance" of the victim shooting the driver? You don't know that either.
Given the fact that he had been at a number of protests before and not shot anyone. But you're right, I don't know. That's just speculation. What's not speculation is if he didn't have a gun he wouldn't have been able to shoot him or even threaten to shoot him.

No, they were breaking the law by being there. Just as these protesters were breaking the law by blocking traffic.

You have absolutely no idea what his intent was, but the fact that he was pointing a loaded gun at the window would be a pretty good indicator that he was going to shoot him. Really bad decision there.
If he did, it certainly gives the driver more justification. If neither had a gun, no death.

Perhaps you could make it less dumb, but I know you’re not a miracle worker

The victim was the driver. He made a decision to defend himself. The suspect made a a fatal decision to bring a gun and a fatal move to point the work end of his weapon at Mr Perry. Mr Perry appears to have been well trained and competent.
Or not. You don't know. We do know that without a gun, neither gets shot. You, and others, don't want to acknowledge that, but that's the foundation of the issue.

There’s a chance raptu
Given the fact that he had been at a number of protests before and not shot anyone. But you're right, I don't know. That's just speculation. What's not speculation is if he didn't have a gun he wouldn't have been able to shoot him or even threaten to shoot him.

You aren’t making any ground. Mr Foster brought a legal gun to a protest. That was his first mistake made clear later. Then Mr Foster, as reported, pointed his firearm in a rude and threatening manner at another person who was armed. That was Mr Foster’s second mistake.

There’s a chance raptu

You aren’t making any ground. Mr Foster brought a legal gun to a protest. That was his first mistake made clear later. Then Mr Foster, as reported, pointed his firearm in a rude and threatening manner at another person who was armed. That was Mr Foster’s last mistake.
FIFY

Or not. You don't know. We do know that without a gun, neither gets shot. You, and others, don't want to acknowledge that, but that's the foundation of the issue.

My position has always supported removing carrying firearms in public.

Approaching the car with no gun and he is still alive. No gun in the car and he is still alive.

Had Mr. Foster not pointed the firearm at Mr Perry Mr Foster would be alive.

Yes, if you take away all the poor decisions no one would have been shot.
No. Just take away bringing a gun. That's it. The poor decision to run a red light and drive into a group of protesters wouldn't matter. Going up to confront someone in their car wouldn't matter. No gin, no one gets shot.

My position has always supported removing carrying firearms in public.

Had Mr. Foster not pointed the firearm at Mr Perry Mr Foster would be alive.
You don't know that. It may very well turn out that he didn't point the gun at him and was shot anyway. Or, if he did point it at the driver, if he hadn't he may have been shot anyway. You don't know.

No. Just take away bringing a gun. That's it. The poor decision to run a red light and drive into a group of protesters wouldn't matter. Going up to confront someone in their car wouldn't matter. No gin, no one gets shot.
Yes, bringing a gun to the protest was one of those poor decisions.

You don't know that. It may very well turn out that he didn't point the gun at him and was shot anyway. Or, if he did point it at the driver, if he hadn't he may have been shot anyway. You don't know.

Using your words then...you can spin this all you want. Neither being armed maybe Mr Foster might have been run over by the driver. One can never know all possibilities. Good lord.

Approaching the car with no gun and he is still alive. No gun in the car and he is still alive. You can spin it all you want but this is a classic example of just having a gun putting a life more at risk.

Yes, bringing a gun to the protest was one of those poor decisions.
Why does this thread title keep saying "shoots an AK 47 5 times at a car?". Wasn't that pretty much found to be false? He was carrying a gun, yes, but shooting?

If he did, it certainly gives the driver more justification. If neither had a gun, no death.

You dont know that either. The rioters were blocking his car and pounding on it. They may have yanked him out of his car and beaten him to death.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT