ADVERTISEMENT

Bloodies...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
What is your secret recipe? Do you have a secret ingredient? Pickle juice is ours but always looking for a good bloody recipe.

I never make them at home, but when I order one at the bar I always sprinkle a bunch of black pepper in the drink.

What is your secret recipe? Do you have a secret ingredient? Pickle juice is ours but always looking for a good bloody recipe.
Not secret, as I've posted it here before:

Bloody Marvelous Cocktails

(“Nothing Starts the Day Like a Great B.M. “ – M. Deupree)

1/2 tsp Garlic salt
1/2 tsp. Onion salt
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. Beef boullion crystals
2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
1/2 C. Boiling water
1 T. Celery seeds
1 T. Coarse ground pepper
1/4 C. Clam juice
1/4 C. Lemon juice
46 oz.. V-8 Juice (Hot & Spicy variety)
1 T. Horseradish sauce
1 tsp. Caribbean (very) hot sauce (optional)
1 T. A-1 Sauce
Several Limes, quartered
Several Celery stalks

Dissolve beef boullion in boiling water. Add clam juice, lemon juice, A-1 sauce and horseradish sauce and blend until smooth. You have to do this because otherwise the horseradish sauce will lump and not be distributed evenly.

Pour into large pitcher with all other ingredients except limes and celery. Mix well.

For each drink, insert celery stick in a glass and fill with ice cubes. Squeeze quarter lime over ice and drop in rind. Add vodka in quantity preferred. Stir bloody mary mix and pour into glass until full. Stir carefully, so as to avoid spilling.

These are spicy. They are best consumed with an ice-cold beer chaser.

Note: Variations include the addition of a dill pickle spear and/or a Slim Jim.
Note II: If you are having these on a Caribbean beach, substitute Mount Gay Eclipse rum for the vodka.

Last edited:
Lola’s hot sauce for me. Kicks it up a notch or two above what Tabasco can do but keeps the taste great.

True Story: In my youth I knew a girl who tied used tampons to car doors. Can you even imagine finding one of these? LMAO
UUyT.gif

Reactions: Herkmeister

1/2 tsp Garlic salt
1/2 tsp. Onion salt
2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
1/2 C. Boiling water
1 T. Celery seeds
1/4 C. Clam juice
1/4 C. Lemon juice
1 T. Horseradish sauce
1 T. A-1 Sauce
Several Limes, quartered
Several Celery stalks

Dissolve beef boullion in boiling water. Add clam juice, lemon juice, A-1 sauce and horseradish sauce and blend until smooth. You have to do this because otherwise the horseradish sauce will lump and not be distributed evenly.

Pour into large pitcher with all other ingredients except limes and celery. Mix well.

For each drink, insert celery stick in a glass and fill with ice cubes. Squeeze quarter lime over ice and drop in rind. Add vodka in quantity preferred. Stir bloody mary mix and pour into glass until full. Stir carefully, so as to avoid spilling.

Note II: If you are having these on a Caribbean beach, substitute Mount Gay Eclipse rum for the vodka.
Good Lord. I could drive to the bar drink one and get back home in the same amount of time it would take to make that. :D

1/2 tsp Garlic salt
1/2 tsp. Onion salt
2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
1/2 C. Boiling water
1 T. Celery seeds
1/4 C. Clam juice
1/4 C. Lemon juice
1 T. Horseradish sauce
1 T. A-1 Sauce
Several Limes, quartered
Several Celery stalks

Clam Juice? CLAM JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????

Drank with a beer back. Because this is Iowa.

What is this? I was recently in a car with someone from Duluth, MN. They indicated that in MN, every time you ordered a Bloody Mary you got what they called a "snit". Basically it's a little beer that comes with the Bloody. My mind was f'ing blown. I never got a baby beer with by Bloody. WTF?!?!?!

Best_Ever_Bloody_Mary_with_Snit02_large.jpg

What is this? I was recently in a car with someone from Duluth, MN. They indicated that in MN, every time you ordered a Bloody Mary you got what they called a "snit". Basically it's a little beer that comes with the Bloody. My mind was f'ing blown. I never got a baby beer with by Bloody. WTF?!?!?!

Yep, first place I saw it was in Minneapolis... its a fantastic idea.

Reactions: fredjr82
Technically, a Caesar or Clamdigger, but superior to a plain Bloody Mary.

Clamato Juice

Horseradish

Tito’s Vodka

Worcestershire Sauce

Hot Sauce

Celery Salt

Lime

Pickled Asparagus Spear

Olives

Cayenne Pepper

Thick Bacon, Baked in the oven, with brown sugar

Celery, if you must

You've been drinking bloodies wrong your entire life.

Zing zang, worchestershire sauce, tobasco, seasoned salt, fresh ground black pepper, splash of pickle juice, Tito's vodka. Stirred with a deer stick, beef stick, or think slice of bacon.

Drank with a beer back. Because this is Iowa.
This. Keep it simple and get drunk.

Also have been using this more and more after trying it at the Fair. It's really good, don't really have to add anything. It's out of Templeton, Iowa.

mix-spicy-single_1024x1024.png

You've been drinking bloodies wrong your entire life.

I'm from Eastern Iowa and have never had a snit with a Bloody. Never in a bar anyways. You're West side of the state. Is this common over there?

Eastern Iowa also and I've found them to be common,... We've always called it a "backer" though,... never heard the term "snit" before....

I'm from Eastern Iowa and have never had a snit with a Bloody. Never in a bar anyways. You're West side of the state. Is this common over there?
I know it's common in North Iowa. About every bar I've ever been too offered a beer back with their bloody.

Eastern Iowa also and I've found them to be common,... We've always called it a "backer" though,... never heard the term "snit" before....

I know it's common in North Iowa. About every bar I've ever been too offered a beer back with their bloody.

I feel like I've been cheated for most of my adult life at this point.

I never had a bloody in a bar until I lived in dsm. It's pretty common

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT