ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Jackson has “filled out” over the years, but his heart may be his biggest part

billanole

HR Legend
Mar 5, 2005
He took away …”one less thing for them to worry about…”.
I like reading stuff like this. Thanks for posting.

rUOW6A.gif

Chuck Long should have won the heisman.

I do wish I was able to see Bo play though. Especially when he was jacking homers in Kauffman.
No he shouldn’t have. And yes I Bo play many times. Every time he got up to bat it was must watch even when he struck out. Greatest athlete I ever saw live.

Reactions: billanole
No he shouldn’t have. And yes I Bo play many times. Every time he got up to bat it was must watch even when he struck out. Greatest athlete I ever saw live.
Did he do the old “strike out and break the bat over his knee thingy”?
As you say, he was an athlete for the eons… Jim Thorpe, Jim Brown, Deon Sanders, Hershel Walker level talent.

Bo bow hunts whitetail deer in SE Iowa. Never met anyone who had anything but good things to say about him.

As you say, he was an athlete for the eons… Jim Thorpe, Jim Brown, Deon Sanders, Hershel Walker level talent.
People have told me I’m full of shit because his career was so short, but I think he was the greatest running back to ever live. A shooting star, but no one other maybe Barry sanders shined as bright for me.

Last edited:
Bo would have the best… fill in the blank… linebacker, fullback, safety, wide receiver, defensive end, tight end, kick returner, etc… on each field he played on.
Baseball, uh yeah. His hand/eye coordination was top end.
World class sprinter, yep. Old school all sports top tier athlete.
Mr. Jackson was at an athletic level that few in our lifetime achieve.
Seemingly a cool dude as well.

Cant speek to Thorpe, but Hershal never had the pro career the others had.

Actually saw him do it once. Didn’t really know what you were watching at the time.

Cant speek to Thorpe, but Hershal never had the pro career the others had.
I will say, that I saw him vs the kid from SC, George Rogers, who won the Heisman that year. Walker won it the next year.
Walker caught a pitch or screen pass out wide. The db’s and lb’s had him nailed just based on the angles.
Walker cogged a gear that had the defenders sucking wind. He left them wondering what happened.
He was one of those athletes that others can only talk about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT