ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Diaco

jflores

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2004
Looking for Hawk comments on one of your own. Apparently we're interviewing Diaco, and curious what folks think he might be fit wise at a B1G West school like Nebraska. I know several folks here have called for him to come home to Iowa, so I'd gather he's pretty well respected here.

I thought he was a baller DC. However I am not sure if thats because he had great players at Notre Dame or not.. Not as many playmakers at Nebraska

You should ask Notre Dame fans. He did a fine enough job there to warrant a bump up to HC.

I heard he may also be a candidate at Arkansas, but I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Rhoads gets the nod.

You should ask Notre Dame fans. He did a fine enough job there to warrant a bump up to HC.

I heard he may also be a candidate at Arkansas, but I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Rhoads gets the nod.

According to SEC press outlet, Rhoads is expected to be Co-DC no matter who gets the job.

I'm kinda hoping that works in our favor, we will probably not saddle him with a Co-DC.

What Diaco coach if Iowa was able to lure him back into the fold?

Maybe LBs and move Wallace to secondary or special teams. All I know think be a great hire like Jim Reid when he got fired from Virginia as their DC. Mentioned Rhoads at Arkansas but only helps staff of have a former HC as a position coach on staff. Be that for few years or longer. Possible replacement for Phil Parker too.

Maybe LBs and move Wallace to secondary or special teams. All I know think be a great hire like Jim Reid when he got fired from Virginia as their DC. Mentioned Rhoads at Arkansas but only helps staff of have a former HC as a position coach on staff. Be that for few years or longer. Possible replacement for Phil Parker too.
I would love to see Bobby Diaco come to Iowa. Is at a point where he must go back to a position coach or will someone hire him as a DC? If Iowa could get him to coach positions then great.

So an ex Iowa guy is gonna lead the skirts D. That has to sit well with their fans knowing they had to turn to an Iowa alum to get things right in Lincoln. I'm sure we will be hearing how the black skirts are back!

At least we can retort it takes an Iowa guy to get it right!!

So an ex Iowa guy is gonna lead the skirts D. That has to sit well with their fans knowing they had to turn to an Iowa alum to get things right in Lincoln. I'm sure we will be hearing how the black skirts are back!

It took a Nebraska guy (Barry Alvarez) to get Iowa on the map in the 1980's...how's that sit with you?

It took a Nebraska guy (Barry Alvarez) to get Iowa on the map in the 1980's...how's that sit with you?
It doesn't sit as you have some wrong info as Barry wasn't the D coordinator it was Bill Brashier. I hope Bobby does improve the husker D as it would be nice to see Nebraska give Iowa a game. Husker fans better hope it happens quick as rumor out of big 10 offices is they want Iowa and Wiscy playing on Black Friday followed by ohio state - Michigan the next day. They want the top teams from each division playing to end the year.

Always gotta take those small victories when your an Iowa fan

It doesn't sit as you have some wrong info as Barry wasn't the D coordinator it was Bill Brashier. I hope Bobby does improve the husker D as it would be nice to see Nebraska give Iowa a game. Husker fans better hope it happens quick as rumor out of big 10 offices is they want Iowa and Wiscy playing on Black Friday followed by ohio state - Michigan the next day. They want the top teams from each division playing to end the year.
Lol!! good one!

Looking for Hawk comments on one of your own. Apparently we're interviewing Diaco, and curious what folks think he might be fit wise at a B1G West school like Nebraska. I know several folks here have called for him to come home to Iowa, so I'd gather he's pretty well respected here.
Bobby Diaco punched a guy on his recruiting visit to Iowa.

now if the Nebraska board was like this one people would be bitching because they didn't do a thorough enough search let alone have enough time to advertise for the position

Did I miss where Nebraska hired a DC who had never been a DC before? Or whose defense was in the bottom 7 in FBS? Or whose primary responsibility was in the bottom half? I can see the similarity.

Always gotta take those small victories when your an Iowa fan

Yes, three out of four are small victories for you people to comprehend, and honestly, should be four out of four.

Regarding our changes in coaches, I heard GB and KF say they had to evaluate where Iowa is as a program and we needed an upgrade at OC.

You know what that means? BF is in charge now and you will be receiving beat downs on an annual basis so enjoy the ninties skirts, cause that's all you have left to go to. And your starter jacket.

That was Hayden Fry you idiot. Barry was from Iowa as well - Mason City. You failed again to the tune of 40-10. Imagine that. Go Skirts.

Hey Buckwheat, Barry played for Nebraska and started his coaching career in Nebraska. He was part of the Hayden Fry staff that FINALLY brought some respectability to lowly Iowa. You remember the glory days of Iowa football...qualifying for the Rose Bowl but always losing it.

Hey Buckwheat, Barry played for Nebraska and started his coaching career in Nebraska. He was part of the Hayden Fry staff that FINALLY brought some respectability to lowly Iowa. You remember the glory days of Iowa football...qualifying for the Rose Bowl but always losing it.

How many Rose Bowls has UNL won? How many has Riley won?

What's so exciting about the Rose Bowl? It's like or death in the BIG 10 lol focus on the real prize, national championships.

Nebraska didn't mess around with the Rose Bowl it was playing for National Championships in the Orange Bowl

I'd not mention the Rose Bowl either, you got housed by Miami in it after backing into the title game after another beat down by Colorado. I look so forward to Brian Ferentz hanging 70 on you db's.

Corn Husker fans, are you living in the real world, or are you stuck in your 90s time warp? Last I looked Nebraska was a member of the B1G. As far as Orange Bowl victories, when was the last time the Corn Huskers won an Orange Bowl? The Hawkeyes won one in 2009.

Hey Alfalfa, Hayden turned Iowa around w/ the help of Bill Brashier as D.C. Barry was along for the ride as dline coach for seven years then left to be linebacker coach at ND then DC. Go back to your delusional Skirts board so you can talk of times long ago.

Oh yeah, 40-10 and 3 out of 4. Should be 4 out of 4. Now go away.

Hawkeye fans, so defensive. Congrats on the recent success, 40-10 was certainly a beat down. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Hawkeye fans, so defensive. Congrats on the recent success, 40-10 was certainly a beat down. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Not defensive, your ignorance causes us to correct the record when you type things that are just plain stupid.

Not defensive, your ignorance causes us to correct the record when you type things that are just plain stupid.

When the outback bowl and rose bowl get you excited that is sad. The reason husker fans are so delusional at times is because we care and we've actually experienced success.

Not the orange bowl in 2009 or Rose Bowl disaster on 2012.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT