ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Diaco

When the outback bowl and rose bowl get you excited that is sad. The reason husker fans are so delusional at times is because we care and we've actually experienced success.

Not the orange bowl in 2009 or Rose Bowl disaster on 2012.

Last time you were in a major bowl game was 15 years the rose bowl after 2000 season and got beat down as bad as Iowa did last year. Iowa has played in 3 big time bowl since then. You've experienced success I'll give you that however was last century and have been irrelevant since then.

When the outback bowl and rose bowl get you excited that is sad. The reason husker fans are so delusional at times is because we care and we've actually experienced success.

Not the orange bowl in 2009 or Rose Bowl disaster on 2012.

Yes, you are right. You are delusional. You have been mediocre for 20 years. Two decades. Last century. Before you dream about another national championship you might want to start by winning the Big 10. "Restore the Order" with Riley now that is delusional.

It took a Nebraska guy (Barry Alvarez) to get Iowa on the map in the 1980's...how's that sit with you?

That is quite the stretch. Barry was a high school coach when Hayden gave him his first college coaching gig as LBer coach. Don't really think Barry got Iowa on the map, it was Hayden that turned things around.

They love to embrace Barry as their own, when in fact he spent more time in the state of Iowa than the sandhills to the west. Iowa doesn't embrace Barry. It is strictly a rivalry that is closer to just that than Wisc/UNL will ever be.

Yes, you are right. You are delusional. You have been mediocre for 20 years. Two decades. Last century. Before you dream about another national championship you might want to start by winning the Big 10. "Restore the Order" with Riley now that is delusional.[/QUOTE

Should be another exciting year in the BIG 10. Only time will tell what direction Nebraska will go. I'm just glad we are taking the steps to get there.

Wins: 146 to 134
NFL draft picks: 63 to 58
1st Team All Americans: 13 to 11
Sellouts (NOTE: Kinnick seats 20K less than Memorial) All to Very Few

Lol. Aw, Nebraska fans and their insatiable need to feel important and superior is so precious. Really, it is. I mean look at you all. So many of you lurking on an Iowa message board seeking out validation. It's so cute. You all try so very hard. To extraordinary and obsessive lengths, you try. Try to find others to further insulate you in delusion. Try to find a new "rival" to take you serious, since none of the actual blue bloods of college football do anymore. Try to find any and all statistics to prove you are "superior" to that new rival. Oh, you try so hard.

Well, shoot, champ. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are a few snafus in your logic I have to bring to your attention:

1) The 21st Century began in 2001. Not 2000. If you need to be educated any further, google it. (I'm not going to waste my time further explaining it to you.) So, anyway, that would put the win total for Nebraska at 136. Iowa is at 131. So Nebraska has a whopping 5 more wins than Iowa this century. I, for one, am quite impressed by that huge discrepancy in wins, especially with so many of those wins racked up in the mighty Big XII North. I can see why Nebraska would feel so superior based on that.

2) So that would also mean your other statistics are off. 1st Team All Americans this century: Nebraska 10, Iowa 11. (Gasp) Uh oh. Iowa has more. Whoops. Regardless, what exactly does that prove anyway? Other than you spent a lot of time researching arbitrary statistics (an epic fail albeit)?

3) Iowa has 5 finishes in the Top 10 this century. How many does Nebraska have? Zero. Iowa is 6-8 in bowl games. Nebraska is 6-8. Nebraska has won the B1G West/Legends once; Iowa has won it once. Head-to-head Iowa and Nebraska are each 3-3.

So, clearly, anyone without a learning disability can see that Nebraska is NOT superior to Iowa in football this century and vice versa. I'm sorry that Nebraska football has fallen to the level of competing with lowly Iowa for regional supremacy but that's the truth. The truth hurts. If you can't deal with it, stay on your own board with other like-minded delusional nitwits who think Nebraska is on the cusp of greatness again. Here, disillusionment is all you will get. Of course, many of you aren't smart enough to get that, which is another issue entirely.

Last time you were in a major bowl game was 15 years the rose bowl after 2000 season and got beat down as bad as Iowa did last year. Iowa has played in 3 big time bowl since then. You've experienced success I'll give you that however was last century and have been irrelevant since then.
maybe instead of scheduling Virginia Tech, USC, and Oregon In consecutive contracts we could schedule North Dakota State, Kansas School of the Blind, and Iowa State. That would maybe pad our record so we could make it to a major bowl, Oh wait, that doesn't always work I guess.

maybe instead of scheduling Virginia Tech, USC, and Oregon In consecutive contracts we could schedule North Dakota State, Kansas School of the Blind, and Iowa State. That would maybe pad our record so we could make it to a major bowl, Oh wait, that doesn't always work I guess.

Is Kansas School of the Blind what you called Kansas? Or is that another school?

Reactions: blhawk

Yeah because that one non conference loss is the reason you've gone 13 years with 4 losses or more or haven't won a conference title this century. FYI Iowa beat Pitt and Arizona last 2 times they went to major bowl games both finished with winning records. And congrats for barely beating an Oregon team with one more win than Iowa st this year.

Did you really just talk crap about Iowa scheduling Iowa State and "Kansas School of the Blind" when you were playing Iowa State and "Kansas School of the Blind", and "Kansas State School of the Blind" every year in the Big XII North?

Reactions: HemiHawk
I personally love watching Nebraska fans burn in hell. Keep enjoying mediocre Mike.

Mediocre Mike is making moves, what is Kirk doing? Besides losing recruits every other week. The fire is warm down here, I think I'll stay for awhile.

Mediocre Mike is making moves, what is Kirk doing? Besides losing recruits every other week. The fire is warm down here, I think I'll stay for awhile.

Hey genius you praise Mike Riley for at least making some moves and ask what Kirk is doing? You do realize besides OC retiring Kirk didn't renew contracts of WR coach & RB/Special teams coach whose spots are vacant now. But glad of all the assistant riley didn't fire was the guy with multiple OWIs.

Hey special kind of stupid, what is mediocre Mike's record compared to the captain. Or do you want keep polishing that turd. Love it keep justifying the burn in hell.

The Captain? I love Hawkeye fan, always makes for a good laugh.

Speaking of a good laugh:
screen-shot-2016-11-25-at-6-08-09-pm-1480118910.png

I still can't believe Neb played us that close last year. If I hear 1 more Nebber brag about only losing by 30 points to Iowa, I'm going to punch them! We should've really ran up the score on them.

Were you even born yet?

I was lucky enough to attend games played by all 5 Nebraska National Championship teams. Just think, you could live to be a thousand years old and never attend a game played by 1 Iowa National Championship team.

I was lucky enough to attend games played by all 5 Nebraska National Championship teams. Just think, you could live to be a thousand years old and never attend a game played by 1 Iowa National Championship team.
You are as relevant as Minnesots and Illinois. Sweet!
Weird that we don't see them around here banging their chest about national titles old national titles.

You are as relevant as Minnesots and Illinois. Sweet!
Weird that we don't see them around here banging their chest about national titles old national titles.

I would like to point out that our new DC said part of the reason he took the job is because it's Nebraska.....he states that if your a college football fan at all you know about Nebraska football and what they are.....Interesting comments from a former Iowa player

I would like to point out that our new DC said part of the reason he took the job is because it's Nebraska.....he states that if your a college football fan at all you know about Nebraska football and what they are.....Interesting comments from a former Iowa player

Every college football fan knows what happened at Penn State and what they are as well, what's your point? :)

What did you expect Bobby D. to say, "I hated going to Nebraska but they were the best offer on the table"?!?! I would expect Bob Diaco to say exactly what he said and mean what he said. Coaches have an allegiance to which ever institution is paying them to coach. I did not think Husker fans needed that explained to them.

Reactions: PNWHawk
What did you expect Bobby D. to say, "I hated going to Nebraska but they were the best offer on the table"?!?! I would expect Bob Diaco to say exactly what he said and mean what he said. Coaches have an allegiance to which ever institution is paying them to coach. I did not think Husker fans needed that explained to them.

He had offers from the SEC schools. I would think those offers would be valued way more to him. Espically the way you guys think Nebraska is irrelevant.

He had offers from the SEC schools. I would think those offers would be valued way more to him. Espically the way you guys think Nebraska is irrelevant.

If Nebraska was so relevant none of you Husker fans would be on here trash talking Iowa fans. You just wouldn't. This is lowly Iowa. Iowa has never been a blue blood program and probably never well. So get over yourself. Nebraska is no longer relevant on the national stage. Period.

If they were, you would be off poppin' your chops on an Ohio State or Michigan board. But you aren't. Because you would be laughed off their board. So you're here. Because Nebraska has fallen to Iowa standards. And no matter what "premier" assistant coaches you land or how many "4-star" recruits you get the results continue to be the same. In the words of the band Local H, "Your glory days are over and so's your stone-washed jeans." Deal with it.

As far as accepting Nebraska over SEC programs, I would suspect that he anticipates being a possible candidate to replace Mike Riley once Shawn Eichhorst fires him after another irrelevant season or two.

As far as accepting Nebraska over SEC programs, I would suspect that he anticipates being a possible candidate to replace Mike Riley once Shawn Eichhorst fires him after another irrelevant season or two.

Maybe he thinks he can hold iowa to 35?

Iowa fans are funny. They can spell the word "delusional", and they know all about learning disabilities. Oh, and they know math too "10 - 40 = Win".
Nebraska fans are funny because they think they are elite and haven't lost fewer than 4 games in 13 years (a bakers dozen). Nor won a conference title or played in a major bowl game in 15 years. And some how only 3-3 against measly Iowa since joining the big 10, and losing 3 of last 4. Congrats on all your recent success.

Nebraska fans today = Minnesota fans in late 60s and 70s. Desperately holding on to the past cause present has not been too kind.

Yes, you are right. You are delusional. You have been mediocre for 20 years. Two decades. Last century. Before you dream about another national championship you might want to start by winning the Big 10. "Restore the Order" with Riley now that is delusional.
That is weird. Nebraska has won as many games as Iowa in the last 20 years. We are definitely both mediocre. Only difference is, Nebraska won't accept mediocrity. gbr

Reactions: huskersoup
If Nebraska was so relevant none of you Husker fans would be on here trash talking Iowa fans. You just wouldn't. This is lowly Iowa. Iowa has never been a blue blood program and probably never well. So get over yourself. Nebraska is no longer relevant on the national stage. Period.

If they were, you would be off poppin' your chops on an Ohio State or Michigan board. But you aren't. Because you would be laughed off their board. So you're here. Because Nebraska has fallen to Iowa standards. And no matter what "premier" assistant coaches you land or how many "4-star" recruits you get the results continue to be the same. In the words of the band Local H, "Your glory days are over and so's your stone-washed jeans." Deal with it.
Answer is simple. It's easy to talk Nebraska football over here because there are usually a gajillion threads discussing all things Nebraska. Stop trying to make yourselves feel better by wallowing in Nebraska's mediocrity, and maybe you wouldn't get so much blowback. gbr

P.S. Nebraska is not very good right now, but we don't settle like Iowa does. Nebraska will win a BIG football title before Iowa. Hopefully sooner than later.

Reactions: huskersoup
That is weird. Nebraska has won as many games as Iowa in the last 20 years. We are definitely both mediocre. Only difference is, Nebraska won't accept mediocrity. gbr
Then get used to your coaching carousel every few years since 9-10 wins isn't acceptable. The game is quite different than it was when Nebraska was winning championship games.

Almost limitless walk-ons
Scholarship limits
Roster limits
Partial qualifiers
Almost no admission standards
Recruiting kids with questionable backgrounds
Stricter drug testing

Good luck!

So you hire the definition of mediocrity: Mike Riley. Brilliant.

Answer is simple. It's easy to talk Nebraska football over here because there are usually a gajillion threads discussing all things Nebraska. Stop trying to make yourselves feel better by wallowing in Nebraska's mediocrity, and maybe you wouldn't get so much blowback. gbr

P.S. Nebraska is not very good right now, but we don't settle like Iowa does. Nebraska will win a BIG football title before Iowa. Hopefully sooner than later.

I agree with you that there are too many Nebraska threads over here. That's for sure.

The rest of what you wrote is borderline retarded. At best.

ADVERTISEMENT