ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Diaco

Iowa fans are funny. They can spell the word "delusional", and they know all about learning disabilities. Oh, and they know math too "10 - 40 = Win".

latest

When the outback bowl and rose bowl get you excited that is sad. The reason husker fans are so delusional at times is because we care and we've actually experienced success.

Not the orange bowl in 2009 or Rose Bowl disaster on 2012.

What gets Husker fan excited these days? Anxiously awaiting the next coaching search?

Reactions: kceasthawk
That is weird. Nebraska has won as many games as Iowa in the last 20 years. We are definitely both mediocre. Only difference is, Nebraska won't accept mediocrity. gbr
I've heard many a Nebraska fan say "they don't accept being mediocre" - I don't get it, your team HAS been mediocre for many years, so how is that not accepting it?

I've heard many a Nebraska fan say "they don't accept being mediocre" - I don't get it, your team HAS been mediocre for many years, so how is that not accepting it?
Get back to me when you aren't drunk. gbr

I agree with you that there are too many Nebraska threads over here. That's for sure.

The rest of what you wrote is borderline retarded. At best.
Well, at least I can tell that you didn't vote for Hillary. Good for you. gbr

How many hundreds, maybe thousands of people have played football at Iowa? Why the hard-on over this ONE guy?

Jay Norvell is the new head football coach at Nevada. Where's the outrage!!!

Lol. Aw, Nebraska fans and their insatiable need to feel important and superior is so precious. Really, it is. I mean look at you all. So many of you lurking on an Iowa message board seeking out validation. It's so cute. You all try so very hard. To extraordinary and obsessive lengths, you try. Try to find others to further insulate you in delusion. Try to find a new "rival" to take you serious, since none of the actual blue bloods of college football do anymore. Try to find any and all statistics to prove you are "superior" to that new rival. Oh, you try so hard.

Well, shoot, champ. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are a few snafus in your logic I have to bring to your attention:

1) The 21st Century began in 2001. Not 2000. If you need to be educated any further, google it. (I'm not going to waste my time further explaining it to you.) So, anyway, that would put the win total for Nebraska at 136. Iowa is at 131. So Nebraska has a whopping 5 more wins than Iowa this century. I, for one, am quite impressed by that huge discrepancy in wins, especially with so many of those wins racked up in the mighty Big XII North. I can see why Nebraska would feel so superior based on that.

2) So that would also mean your other statistics are off. 1st Team All Americans this century: Nebraska 10, Iowa 11. (Gasp) Uh oh. Iowa has more. Whoops. Regardless, what exactly does that prove anyway? Other than you spent a lot of time researching arbitrary statistics (an epic fail albeit)?

3) Iowa has 5 finishes in the Top 10 this century. How many does Nebraska have? Zero. Iowa is 6-8 in bowl games. Nebraska is 6-8. Nebraska has won the B1G West/Legends once; Iowa has won it once. Head-to-head Iowa and Nebraska are each 3-3.

So, clearly, anyone without a learning disability can see that Nebraska is NOT superior to Iowa in football this century and vice versa. I'm sorry that Nebraska football has fallen to the level of competing with lowly Iowa for regional supremacy but that's the truth. The truth hurts. If you can't deal with it, stay on your own board with other like-minded delusional nitwits who think Nebraska is on the cusp of greatness again. Here, disillusionment is all you will get. Of course, many of you aren't smart enough to get that, which is another issue entirely.
Well said Ez2bjz

It took a Nebraska guy (Barry Alvarez) to get Iowa on the map in the 1980's...how's that sit with you?

Meh, he played there but had moved to Iowa and was a high school coach. Won the state championship and that is what caught Fry's attention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT