ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Knight, at last, comes home to an Indiana basketball game

That is an old military phrase that predates Knight. He coached at west point.

So that makes it right....dipshit. That's like saying well, they used to call them w-backs or coons, or called brazil nuts n-toes....so it was perfectully okay for Knight to say it during an era when it was not socially acceptable. Just like "I grab them by the p***y" is not acceptable either.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Nothing in my life, certainly not my impression of Bob Knight, has been influenced by anything Jay Mariotti or Skip Bayless wrote. My impression of Bob Knight is based on what I have seen and heard from Bob Knight.

There's no denying his success as a coach, but he was a classic bully. Dr. Tom Davis used to have his tallest player defend the inbounds pass and Knight didn't like it. So he repeatedly instructed his players to throw the ball as hard as they can off the face of the defender.

Knight is a piece of shit.

Nothing in my life, certainly not my impression of Bob Knight, has been influenced by anything Jay Mariotti or Skip Bayless wrote. My impression of Bob Knight is based on what I have seen and heard from Bob Knight.

There's no denying his success as a coach, but he was a classic bully. Dr. Tom Davis used to have his tallest player defend the inbounds pass and Knight didn't like it. So he repeatedly instructed his players to throw the ball as hard as they can off the face of the defender.

Knight is a piece of shit.
To be accurate that happened on one play with brad Lohaus. Darrell Thomas did that and it wasn’t necessarily directed from knight as Thomas and lohaus had been getting physical prior to that

Reactions: MontyMufsnipher
Yes he was a good man and a great coach

So you admit that you weren't simply talking sports. You were talking about his character. Keep going back and forth....

BUd8zWp.gif

To be accurate that happened on one play with brad Lohaus. Darrell Thomas did that and it wasn’t necessarily directed from knight as Thomas and lohaus had been getting physical prior to that

You sound like a Hoosier fan

It was a directive from Knight. He also had Michael Lewis do it to Jacob Jaacks.

Feinstein makes a fatal error in his piece. It's a shaky argument to say he was a bully, who went after the weakest people he could find, but the good he did outweighed the bad.
A good person can lead and inspire without being a bully. the other 90 percent of their waking minutes on the earth.
I will also put here what I put in the Lounge, I thought it was irresponsible for Pat Knight to walk his dad out there. The reports are that he is suffering through the early stages of dementia. Knight looked confused at times, and the emotional overload could not have been good for him. He was on the verge of tears, and looked to be struggling to process what was going on.
The interaction with Vitale was not good.

I don't think it was a directive from Knight, that's an angry fan speaking. The Michael lewis deal I forgot about
I forget which IU player it was, but they also did it to Kent Hill. It happened too many times to chalk it up to IU players deciding on their own to throw the ball at an opponent's face.

No dummy everybody in the country expected knight to slow the game down and run the motion offense against them but knight ran with a running team and succeeded

not surprising you fail to understand as you likely never played a sport

What I do know is Iowa should have slowed it down to start the 2nd half. Although not TD'S style, it may have been a good idea in hindsight as they erased that 18 point lead in no time.

Most painful Iowa loss in my life. Really thought we'd win it all that year.

Holy alcoholic nose, batman.
I am not sure if the belief that alcoholism is exhibited by the red nose, or if it's just an indicator of other issues.
Maybe Wendy will enlighten us.
Whatever the cause of the nose discoloration, Knight did not look good today.

Probably because you read a lot of holy sports writers like jay Marriotti who beat his wife or skip bayless who is abusive and an alcoholic.

Knight was a humble good man away from the heat of competition. The media as a whole is riddled with hypocrisy and the gullible amongst us swallow it whole
Bobby was a very complex person. I was a fan and tears were in my eyes as I watched this, but like all people, Knight had his shortcomings.

Bob looks bad. A purple nose is a sign of health issues.
I caught a quick glance at the highlight and thought that it had to be something they were doing with the lights or overhead video screen.

Old Bob looked pretty bewildered.

Watching sports is as close as you’ve ever gotten to sports.

Yeah I assume you were as shitty at playing sports as you are at watching them. Not that you actually watch any, it's clear you aren't capable of sitting through a full game of any sport.

The interaction with Vitale was not good.

That was very bizarre. Vitale liked hugged him and Knight pushed him off and looked pissed. I thought maybe Knight was just joking around but he never really acknowledged Vitale outside of that little interaction. Then he started chanting DE-FENSE!

Cringy outside of Knight's interaction with Isaiah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT