ADVERTISEMENT

Bodycam Footage released on Rayshard Brooks shooting.

So we're no longer going to arrest convicted felons who drive drunk and violate the terms of their probation?

giphy.gif
Incorrect. Arrest would have been an acceptable response. This is harder for some of y'all than I suspected...

Reactions: Rudolph
The only bigger pieces of s$#% than the guy who attacked the police officers are this joke Soros DA and anyone defending either one of them.

Reactions: hawkssox1
Sure. Don’t fight cops, don’t steal cops weapon, don’t fire weapon at cops. Don’t resist arrest, don’t drive drunk, don’t pass out in the car. Any of those things and he’s still alive today.
Oh, I'm sorry, that's an incorrect answer. Unless you're aware of some sort of mind control chip or something... none of those are ways the police could have handled this situation better. Huh, millions of correct answers and still a good portion of you are f*cking this up completely.

Atlanta mayor on CNN says there should have been a different outcome, but says nothing holding Brooks accountable for any of it. All on the police.

Incorrect. Arrest would have been an acceptable response. This is harder for some of y'all than I suspected...
Should have been easy but we just seem to have some members of society that struggle with resisting arrest and then hate the repercussions of their stupid action. Sorry, don't be an idiot, and you won't end up dead.

Should have been easy but we just seem to have some members of society that struggle with resisting arrest and then hate the repercussions of their stupid action. Sorry, don't be an idiot, and you won't end up dead.
Not even an attempt? I'm starting to understand exactly what's wrong with society all of a sudden. It appears that a good portion of you think this is the exact result we should be striving for and asking from our police force. Hmm... I fear that when people learn about this, there might be rioting, looting, and violence.

Is that not what they are trained to do
No. They are, or should be, trained to use deadly force as an absolute last resort. He took at least four steps after Brooks discharged the Taser before he fired his gun. Slow motion or not, that would be enough time for anyone to determine that the fleeing suspect no longer presented a threat. At that point, Rolfe became a bigger threat to safety than Brooks EVER was all the way back to the original 911 call. Proof - he fired a round into a car with three innocent people in it.

No. They are, or should be, trained to use deadly force as an absolute last resort. He took at least four steps after Brooks discharged the Taser before he fired his gun. Slow motion or not, that would be enough time for anyone to determine that the fleeing suspect no longer presented a threat. At that point, Rolfe became a bigger threat to safety than Brooks EVER was all the way back to the original 911 call. Proof - he fired a round into a car with three innocent people in it.

is your dad your uncle?

Not even an attempt? I'm starting to understand exactly what's wrong with society all of a sudden. It appears that a good portion of you think this is the exact result we should be striving for and asking from our police force. Hmm... I fear that when people learn about this, there might be rioting, looting, and violence.
I’m starting to understand what’s wrong with your thinking too, pops. When you said:

Anyone else have an idea for a better course of action than what occurred?

You actually only meant what the police could do different, not anything Mr. Brooks could have done different.

Reactions: waterboy4582
I’m starting to understand what’s wrong with your thinking too, pops. When you said:

Anyone else have an idea for a better course of action than what occurred?

You actually only meant what the police could do different, not anything Mr. Brooks could have done different.
There's a whole lot he could have done differently. Not one of his mistakes killed anybody.

Reactions: BGHAWK
But in sum total, in sequence, they all killed him.
No, two bullets unnecessarily fired from the gun of a policeman killed him. Or, I suppose, we could say the decision of his parents to have a child killed him if you want to play an idiotic infinite regression game.

No, two bullets unnecessarily fired from the gun of a policeman killed him. Or, I suppose, we could say the decision of his parents to have a child killed him if you want to play an idiotic infinite regression game.
That's quite frankly a poorly argued position. And attempts at misdirection to make a poor point look relevant.

His being born didnt get him shot. The events that started so innocently and peacefully were escalated by the subject and the subject alone and if any one of them had taken a different fork in tho road, by the subject, he'd be alive.

Dont resist cuffs.
Dont take officers to the ground.
Dont assault an officer.
Dont take his taser.
Dont flee.
Dont turn and shoot the taser at the LOE.

Stop at any one of those and we wouldn't be here. This wasn't racism. This was an ex con not wanting to be arrested for his minor actions that escalated and culminated in his death. See @Old_wrestling_fan post above that summarizes it nicely as well.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
That's quite frankly a poorly argued position. And attempts at misdirection to make a poor point look relevant.

His being born didnt get him shot. The events that started so innocently and peacefully were escalated by the subject and the subject alone and if any one of them had taken a different fork in tho road, by the subject, he'd be alive.

Dont resist cuffs.
Dont take officers to the ground.
Dont assault an officer.
Dont take his taser.
Dont flee.
Dont turn and shoot the taser at the LOE.

Stop at any one of those and we wouldn't be here. This wasn't racism. This was an ex con not wanting to be arrested for his minor actions that escalated and culminated in his death. See @Old_wrestling_fan post above that summarizes it nicely as well.
And if the LEO doesn't pull his weapon and fire it at a disarmed fleeing suspect in contravention of department policy, we wouldn't be here. How's that for a summary?

And if the LEO doesn't pull his weapon and fire it at a disarmed fleeing suspect in contravention of department policy, we wouldn't be here. How's that for a summary?

No you have exactly NO idea where we would be if he hadnt. Do you? All we can know is where we are.

How many minorities have been killed unjustly by officers in the last year vs how many officers have died unjustly at the hands of criminals in the last year?

No you have exactly NO idea where we would be if he hadnt. Do you? All we can know is where we are.
Oh...ok...so those saying that had he simply complied he's still be alive are wrong as well. All we can know is where we are. I'll let you tell them.

Oh...ok...so those saying that had he simply complied he's still be alive are wrong as well. All we can know is where we are. I'll let you tell them.

Right. I agree. All we know is what happened. Not what might have.

Do you think he'd be dead today if he complied? If you can tell me that the officer had a history of complaints and of police brutality Id see your point.

Both were behaving rationally at one point. Who seems like the one more likely to erratically behave? The intoxicated one with a criminal record fixing, apparently, to go back to jail, or the LEO?

Do you think he'd be dead today if he complied? If you can tell me that the officer had a history of complaints and of police brutality Id see your point.

Both were behaving rationally at one point. Who seems like the one more likely to erratically behave? The intoxicated one with a criminal record fixing, apparently, to go back to jail, or the LEO?
Don’t bother trying to explain anything to this person. Some people don’t understand personal responsibility usually it’s liberals.

Don’t bother trying to explain anything to this person. Some people don’t understand personal responsibility usually it’s liberals.
Comical. To you all "personal responsibility" seems only to mean something when minorities get killed. When it's doing things that inconvenience you suddenly it's live free or die.

Comical. To you all "personal responsibility" seems only to mean something when minorities get killed. When it's doing things that inconvenience you suddenly it's live free or die.
Hey dipshit go wrestle a tazer away from a cop tonight and see what happens. If you are too stupid to not expect to die someone did a damn poor job of raising you.

I fully understand personal responsibility. I understand fully that Brooks was wrong. You seem to think personal responsibility only applies one way - usually it's conservatives. Not only did Officer Rolfe have a personal responsibility - he had a professional responsibility.

Reactions: BelemNole

It was reported the officer has had a dozen complaints against him, so he must have some history.

Hey dipshit go wrestle a tazer away from a cop tonight and see what happens. If you are too stupid to not expect to die someone did a damn poor job of raising you.

I'm just guessing if you run away and are not a threat, the officer will not shoot you in the back.

Tarheelbybirth can you please tell us what should have happened that night at Wendy's, step by step.

I wonder what would have happened if the cops that night would have come across an off duty Atlanta cop sleeping in his car at a fast food place. Would they give him tests? If he was cordial and cooperating and passed three of them, and just at the limit with the breathalyzer, would they put him in cuffs?

Guy's passed out in his car. Dispatch EMT's. Call to have his car towed. Get him to a hospital or get him home. Problem solved. Didn't take too many steps, did it?

Day two - He's alive and two cops still have jobs.

So...we’re not gonna arrest anyone for DUI anymore?

Probably shouldn't arrest someone who as barely at the breathalyzer limit and passed three other tests and only sitting in his care at a drive in.

Probably shouldn't arrest someone who as barely at the breathalyzer limit and passed three other tests and only sitting in his care at a drive in.

Ah. So he just barely broke the law.

He was passed out in his car, in the drive thru.

I wonder what would have happened if the cops that night would have come across an off duty Atlanta cop sleeping in his car at a fast food place. Would they give him tests? If he was cordial and cooperating and passed three of them, and just at the limit with the breathalyzer, would they put him in cuffs?
Just at the limit? He was 35% above the limit.

I don't know if they would have arrested this hypothetical off-duty cop. Is this hypothetical off-duty cop a convicted felon on probation after having part of his sentence suspended following a conviction for false imprisonment, battery, and cruelty to a child?

Are you seriously questioning whether they were justified in trying to arrest Brooks?

Just at the limit? He was 35% above the limit.

I don't know if they would have arrested this hypothetical off-duty cop. Is this hypothetical off-duty cop a convicted felon on probation after having part of his sentence suspended following a conviction for false imprisonment, battery, and cruelty to a child?

Are you seriously questioning whether they were justified in trying to arrest Brooks?

That’s exactly what he’s questioning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT