ADVERTISEMENT

Bodycam Footage released on Rayshard Brooks shooting.

They make them hold their head still and not moving it with the cop's finger.
Now I just think you’re trolling, but in case you’re not:

What does an officer look for during an eye test?
Whether you’re under the influence of alcohol or not, your eyeball is always making tiny imperceptible twitches. They’re involuntary, meaning you can’t control them. Imagine a cork floating in a glass of water. It’s not sitting completely still even though it might not look like it’s moving.

These rapid involuntary eye movements are known as nystagmus-- that’s the “N” in the HGN test. Under normal circumstances it takes a doctor using a special medical instrument to spot these movements.

Now imagine stirring the glass of water. The cork’s movements will become much more obvious. Similarly, when under the influence of alcohol, tiny involuntary eye movements become more pronounced and visible to someone who knows what to look for-- like a properly trained police officer.
https://www.adamgreenmanlaw.com/blog/what-does-the-eye-test-tell-police-officers-investigating-a-dui

Now I just think you’re trolling, but in case you’re not:

What does an officer look for during an eye test?
Whether you’re under the influence of alcohol or not, your eyeball is always making tiny imperceptible twitches. They’re involuntary, meaning you can’t control them. Imagine a cork floating in a glass of water. It’s not sitting completely still even though it might not look like it’s moving.

These rapid involuntary eye movements are known as nystagmus-- that’s the “N” in the HGN test. Under normal circumstances it takes a doctor using a special medical instrument to spot these movements.

Now imagine stirring the glass of water. The cork’s movements will become much more obvious. Similarly, when under the influence of alcohol, tiny involuntary eye movements become more pronounced and visible to someone who knows what to look for-- like a properly trained police officer.
https://www.adamgreenmanlaw.com/blog/what-does-the-eye-test-tell-police-officers-investigating-a-dui

The cop fired at him running away and hit him twice and killed him. I'm not ok with that. The DA said that the cop then said "I got him". Really?

I don't know what PMT is.

I made a mistake, it's PBT - preliminary breath test.

23C5DEBA00000578-0-image-a-4_1417784681864.jpg

The cop fired at him running away and hit him twice and killed him. I'm not ok with that. The DA said that the cop then said "I got him". Really?

Link to a video of the guy saying that? You’re already saying other bullshit in this thread, I’ll assume this is too.

So two cops armed with tasers couldn’t take down a middle aged and very drunk person. They ended up having to shoot him to stop him?

What a bunch of weak cops. You can tell the one on camera has never set foot in a gym. He probably grunts when he picks up a gallon of milk.

He didn't even know where he was. That might be an indicator as well.

Which is all part of the 20-30-40 minutes. Ask them question, all on video and gain more probable cause. He didn’t know what he drank (after 1 and half drinks), nor did he know where was at.

The same people bitching about the time it took the officers to conduct a field sobriety investigation would be the first to bitch if they just snatched him off the streets and hauled him down to take a breathalyzer.

Reactions: Legend12
I’m starting to understand what’s wrong with your thinking too, pops. When you said:

Anyone else have an idea for a better course of action than what occurred?

You actually only meant what the police could do different, not anything Mr. Brooks could have done different.
Of course! We control what the police do. We have no control over what a suspect might do. Why would we waste time discussing what course of action a criminal should take? That's f&cking ridiculous.

That's BS, they make the person hold their head from moving while keeping their eyes on the cop's finger.

Thy do but that is not what they are testing. And sorry for all the lols. It just struck me funny. I wasn't trying to be a douche.

Link to a video of the guy saying that? You’re already saying other bullshit in this thread, I’ll assume this is too.

If you would have seen the DA's press conference announcing charges you would have heard him saying that. I doubt he just made that up.

His mistakes killed him...
Yep...the officer shooting him in the back as he fled had nothing to do with it.

And choking Eric Garner out had nothing to do with his death. Shouldn't have been selling cigarettes illegally. His fault

And Philando Castile shouldn't have been riding in a car with a broken taillight. His fault.

And George Floyd shouldn't have been high, passing counterfeit money. Kneeling on his neck until he died was just an unfortunate consequence of Floyd's own wrongdoing.

And Tamir Rice sure as hell shouldn't have been playing with a toy gun in a public park...what the hell was he thinking?? Though he'd likely have been doing it wrong in his own front yard and still been shot and killed. His fault. Completely.

I get it.

I'm out. You guys win. We keep doing things the same way as always. The results will be different. Trust you. I don't even know why choke holds are being banned. Employing them until a suspect dies isn't the problem...the suspect's "mistakes" are the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGHAWK
Yep...the officer shooting him in the back as he fled had nothing to do with it.

And choking Eric Garner out had nothing to do with his death. Shouldn't have been selling cigarettes illegally. His fault

And Philando Castile shouldn't have been riding in a car with a broken taillight. His fault.

And George Floyd shouldn't have been high, passing counterfeit money. Kneeling on his neck until he died was just an unfortunate consequence of Floyd's own wrongdoing.

And Tamir Rice sure as hell shouldn't have been playing with a toy gun in a public park...what the hell was he thinking?? Though he'd likely have been doing it wrong in his own front yard and still been shot and killed. His fault. Completely.

I get it.

I'm out. You guys win. We keep doing things the same way as always. The results will be different. Trust you. I don't even know why choke holds are being banned. Employing them until a suspect dies isn't the problem...the suspect's "mistakes" are the issue.

There's probably at least half a dozen cops out there in the last several days not thinking winning looks all that attractive right now.

I get it.

Yup, 4 tragedies that could have been avoided. Please discard the millions of encounters that don't go wrong.

Yup, 4 tragedies that could have been avoided. Please discard the millions of encounters that don't go wrong.
Like being killed is the only consequence, huh?

In a searing report released in March 2015, the US Department of Justice uncovered a pattern of racial bias in the Ferguson Police Department. And it argued that the disparities could only be explained, at least in part, by unlawful bias and stereotypes against African Americans.

The disparities were rooted in the city’s reliance on the police department and courts for local budget revenue: Federal officials found that city officials worked together at every level of enforcement — from city management to the local prosecutor to the police department — to make as much money from fines and court fees as possible, ranging from schemes to raise total fines for municipal code violations to asking cops to write as many citations as possible.

The report noted that, although black people made up about 67 percent of Ferguson’s population, 88 percent of documented uses of force by Ferguson police from 2010 to August 2014 were against African Americans. In the 14 police canine bite cases for which racial data was available, the people bitten were black.

There were similar racial disparities in traffic stops. From 2012 to 2014, 85 percent of people stopped, 90 percent of people who received a citation, and 93 percent of people arrested were black. Black drivers were more than twice as likely as their white counterparts to be searched during vehicle stops, but 26 percent less likely to have contraband.

Shouldn't have been driving while black, damn it! Their fault. You win again.

Like being killed is the only consequence, huh?

In a searing report released in March 2015, the US Department of Justice uncovered a pattern of racial bias in the Ferguson Police Department. And it argued that the disparities could only be explained, at least in part, by unlawful bias and stereotypes against African Americans.

The disparities were rooted in the city’s reliance on the police department and courts for local budget revenue: Federal officials found that city officials worked together at every level of enforcement — from city management to the local prosecutor to the police department — to make as much money from fines and court fees as possible, ranging from schemes to raise total fines for municipal code violations to asking cops to write as many citations as possible.

The report noted that, although black people made up about 67 percent of Ferguson’s population, 88 percent of documented uses of force by Ferguson police from 2010 to August 2014 were against African Americans. In the 14 police canine bite cases for which racial data was available, the people bitten were black.

There were similar racial disparities in traffic stops. From 2012 to 2014, 85 percent of people stopped, 90 percent of people who received a citation, and 93 percent of people arrested were black. Black drivers were more than twice as likely as their white counterparts to be searched during vehicle stops, but 26 percent less likely to have contraband.

Shouldn't have been driving while black, damn it! Their fault. You win again.

Lol, I have never said there isn't an issue. I do enjoy some of the statistics trotted out. Statistics can be made to say whatever you want. These are bad, no way to get around it. If we want to address the overall reality of what's going on we can. If you want to keep trotting out a city or selected tragedies then we can't make much progress. People need to be accountable for their actions as a basis for the change. If the finger is always pointed outwards they will always be providing the opportunity to have this happen.
Do you have the statistics showing how many of the stops were illegal? the canine bites? Use of force?
A friend told me once. If 98% of my stops for slow rolling a stop sign are blacks then I am probably a racist. If I have 40 armed robbery arrests and they are all on film and 30 of them are black it's because they are doing the crime. The statistics will show 'racism' but that isn't reality.

The officers could have made better choices,.. But it was very stupid for Brooks to create a situation that required these two cops to make perfect decisions,.. Cops are people, and people make mistakes,.. You don't intentionally put yourself into a position where somebody else's mistake could cost you your life...

Lol, I have never said there isn't an issue. I do enjoy some of the statistics trotted out. Statistics can be made to say whatever you want. These are bad, no way to get around it. If we want to address the overall reality of what's going on we can. If you want to keep trotting out a city or selected tragedies then we can't make much progress. People need to be accountable for their actions as a basis for the change. If the finger is always pointed outwards they will always be providing the opportunity to have this happen.
Do you have the statistics showing how many of the stops were illegal? the canine bites? Use of force?
A friend told me once. If 98% of my stops for slow rolling a stop sign are blacks then I am probably a racist. If I have 40 armed robbery arrests and they are all on film and 30 of them are black it's because they are doing the crime. The statistics will show 'racism' but that isn't reality.
Here's your anecdote - reported on NPR. Little black girl at school has a police officer presenting to her class. Has a great time. On the way home, a police officer pulls up beside their car. She slip out of her shoulder harness to wave and say hi. He pulls them over and issues citations not only for the little girl for not being belted but for the other children in the car...all belted. Mom is looking at over $1,000 in fines. She goes to court and the judge, to his credit, laughs and tosses it. Then informs her that she still owes over $600 in court costs. The criminal justice system has been turned into a revenue system to fund tax cuts for the wealthy and the burden falls on people of color because they're least likely to be able to afford a lawyer.

Here's your anecdote - reported on NPR. Little black girl at school has a police officer presenting to her class. Has a great time. On the way home, a police officer pulls up beside their car. She slip out of her shoulder harness to wave and say hi. He pulls them over and issues citations not only for the little girl for not being belted but for the other children in the car...all belted. Mom is looking at over $1,000 in fines. She goes to court and the judge, to his credit, laughs and tosses it. Then informs her that she still owes over $600 in court costs. The criminal justice system has been turned into a revenue system to fund tax cuts for the wealthy and the burden falls on people of color because they're least likely to be able to afford a lawyer.

So now it is becoming 'stupid cop one offs' I wonder if I could find a white person who has had something similar like that done to them? It won't be as easy to find since it doesn't fit the narrative. If our goal is to eliminate stupid people....well there are several that could be in danger......

So now it is becoming 'stupid cop one offs' I wonder if I could find a white person who has had something similar like that done to them? It won't be as easy to find since it doesn't fit the narrative. If our goal is to eliminate stupid people....well there are several that could be in danger......
If you refuse to acknowledge the reality of driving-walking-jogging-while-black there's no point in continuing this.

If you refuse to acknowledge the reality of driving-walking-jogging-while-black there's no point in continuing this.

Where have I failed to acknowledge that as an issue? It is an issue. I can also go through Iowa Courts online and find people who are white that get pulled over for being white in the wrong neighborhood.

Where have I failed to acknowledge that as an issue? It is an issue. I can also go through Iowa Courts online and find people who are white that get pulled over for being white in the wrong neighborhood.
That's awesome...you "acknowledge" it and deny it in a single post. Well done.

That's awesome...you "acknowledge" it and deny it in a single post. Well done.

Your extrapolations are comical. How does pointing out that there are additional issues deny that the original issue exists? I am sure that type of logic serves you well in the work world and in life.

Your extrapolations are comical. How does pointing out that there are additional issues deny that the original issue exists? I am sure that type of logic serves you well in the work world and in life.
Yes, driving while black is a problem...that happens to white people. That you don't even see it is the best part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT