ADVERTISEMENT

Bohannon = Brody Boyd

As I watched his highlight clips this is the one player that came to mind.......agree, disagree? Bohannon may be a little taller than Brody was.

I'm sticking with Val Barnes as the closest comparison I can think of...but I'll say that the difference could have been who coached them.

I'm a bit reluctant and somewhat leery of player comparisons based on highlight clips even though a style comparison occasionally seems apparent (Christian Williams and Devin Marble, e.g.).

I would be interested reading the opinions of fans (other than close friend and relatives :)) who have seen Bohannon play in person more than one game or over a stretch of several games.

re: Boyd - I loved that gritty little bastard. If JB is a BB clone that would be just fine with me.

Brody Boyd and Val Barnes are not bad comparisons, although I think Barnes was a more physical guard than Bohannon. I have mentioned in other threads that Bohannon has similar size and a skill set as Wyatt Lohaus at UNI. The biggest concern I have with JB is on the defensive side of the ball. However, the one thing I am fairly certain on is that JB is quicker, a better ball handler, better passer, and a better shooter than his brother Matt was going into his senior year of high school. He's flat out a better player than Matt ever was in high school, and Matt is on his way to being a 3 year starter at UNI.

Barnes was built like a brick...you know what. Boyd is a much better comparison. He and Jordan both appear to be tough competitors and good 3-pt shooters with quick releases.

I'm a bit reluctant and somewhat leery of player comparisons based on highlight clips even though a style comparison occasionally seems apparent (Christian Williams and Devin Marble, e.g.).

I would be interested reading the opinions of fans (other than close friend and relatives :)) who have seen Bohannon play in person more than one game or over a stretch of several games.

re: Boyd - I loved that gritty little bastard. If JB is a BB clone that would be just fine with me.

Boyd was a ballsy player.

Boyd is a pretty darn good comparison. Jordan is over 6' by the way so I think he will be a better player. Barnes is a horrible comparison. He was a strong motha...shut your mouth.

When I use BB as a comparison it's both based on the limited video I've seen of JB and body type, movement, shooting style etc. I do think BB was a good player and I'm guessing JB can be even better just based on height. I don't think Fran offers players that he can't see as capable of starting at some point in their career.

Never seen Jordan play, but having a hard time picturing him when he is compared to both Val Barnes and Brody Boyd. If he's some sort of mix of those two, I'm pretty excited.

How does Jordan compare to his brother who played at Wisconsin going into his Senior year?

hadn't thought of this one. Probably not as quick, but a little taller and maybe slightly better pure shooter. hopefully less meth, high school girls, and criminal charges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT