ADVERTISEMENT

#24 Ranked 2021 Class After Deavin Hilson & OL Michael Myslinski COMMIT.

Interesting. I guess the question will be whether Iowa sees enough to offer him and if they do if he will be ok with being offered after all these other kids turned Iowa down.

Kind of same situation with Carnie. NU offered and took 2 other TEs before offering late so would be same thing with the ISU commit whom others said here would take an Iowa offer if it came along. I was curious if anyone else on Iowa's radar.

Reactions: David1979
Kind of same situation with Carnie. NU offered and took 2 other TEs before offering late so would be same thing with the ISU commit whom others said here would take an Iowa offer if it came along. I was curious if anyone else on Iowa's radar.

I would love to see Iowa offer Moore if they think it makes sense. ISU fans have said he would never flip and are now making him their crown jewel of the class. Like I said, if it makes sense for us. Would continue to show, of he flipped, who owns the state. I will say he looked good against Ankeny last weekend. Don’t think we will but would be a great nut kick if we did after he was their No. 1 target and we flipped him after not getting Fidone and Carnie.

Yeah, our WR room generally has been one of our weaker units under KF as far as NFL potential. ISM and Smith will both get a look this spring/fall. Copeland has really elevated the overall talent imo.

Yes, indeed. Good callout on Brandon Smith, I did not mean to overlook him. He certainly has NFL potential. ISM for sure. Tracy is still developing.

“I still debate that question," Carnie said. "Obviously I want to make the best fit for me. Nebraska already has two tight ends. With the contact I have had with other schools and my commitment, it is starting to make me think a little more.”

I wonder if Carnie does indeed go to Nebby, will we offer Moore then? Or do we just wait for next years cycle with Riley, Rairdon, and Helms?

I have raised this a few times. Moore is good and I watched him in person against Ankeny a week ago. But between what we currently have and the next class he is surely not a need. And obviously at this point Moore would be like the 4th option if we offered so maybe the ship sailed. That said, it would be comical if we flipped him. CF would first meltdown and then say they never needed him and have better players, etc. But I don’t think we offer and don’t know we could flip him anyway.

I wonder if we just offered, knowing it would force Frost to offer. The same with that Nebraska qb. Frost fills up the little Debbie scholarships and has less room to bring in players down the road. Next year is a strong TE class.

I don’t think so. My personal opinion is KF doesn’t just offer kids to force another team’s hand but of course could be wrong. I actually think it is more of Iowa offers for example a TE all of sudden other teams think there must be something there. Years back it was comical how Bielema when he was at Whiskey would offer kids right after Iowa did. When you develop kids that end up playing on Sundays like Iowa does, amazing how other teams all of a sudden think there may be a stud that is not as highly rated.

Ahhhhh sour grapes for me I guess .. now Debbie has taken. 2 of Iowa’s recruits I guess he sees the writing on the wall as little play with Iowa as the TightEndU... but seriously best of luck to the young man ... I hope he enjoys the bottom but also as mentioned his dream team he picked and you have to be happy for him with that alone

Last edited:
Ahhhhh sour grapes for me I guess .. now Debbie has taken. 2 of Iowa’s recruits I guess be sees the writing on the wall as little play with Iowa as the TightEndU... but seriously best of luck to the young man ... I hope he enjoys the bottom

Happy for the kid. As I said, I would not give a crap who offered me in high school, if Iowa offered it would have been a no brainer. Good luck to him. I am assuming Cyclone fans will say it is race related like they do on every recruit we don’t get. But fact is, it was his dream school. So great for him. Best of luck young man.

Happy for the kid. As I said, I would not give a crap who offered me in high school, if Iowa offered it would have been a no brainer. Good luck to him. I am assuming Cyclone fans will say it is race related like they do on every recruit we don’t get. But fact is, it was his dream school. So great for him. Best of luck young man.

HKfan23 well said - I had to change my post around a tad as you’re right .. congrats to him as his dream team you have to respect that and I for sure do..

My guess for 2022 TE's is that we have the inside track for Riley and NE for Helms. Raridon? Nice to have him, but don't know his interest level.

HKfan23 well said - I had to change my post around a tad as you’re right .. congrats to him as his dream team you have to respect that and I for sure do..

Jersey - good call. I just think it has to be awfully hard for a kid who bleeds a certain team’s colors to go someplace else if they get an offer. Will it be right or wrong who the hell knows. If we could predict the next 5 years we would all be flying private jets. So I just say I am happy for them and best of luck. Maybe he is a Mackey winner and 1st round draft choice or maybe not. But it is his dream school. Respect it I guess is my thought.

Who would want to play TE in an offense where you just block for quick sideways swing passes that go for -2 yards?
Those quick passes have been done mostly because Frost got there and realized our O-Line sucked (thanks to Riley's S&C; this past year maybe average) and the tight ends we have cannot catch (leftovers mostly from Riley who did not use tight ends as much). We have a transfer this year who is more of a pass catcher and the 2021 recruits will contribute right away. Frost has historically liked using multiple tight ends but has not had the weapons so far and realistically will not fully utilize it until 2021.

Wasn't quite sure why we pushed this offer out to Carnie, our TE room is stuffed with talent and lots of underclassmen.

Beyer
Laporta
Miamen
Lachey
Yelverton

We'll be fine, let Carnie go play at his dream school. He may find it to be a nightmare eventually.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Jersey - good call. I just think it has to be awfully hard for a kid who bleeds a certain team’s colors to go someplace else if they get an offer. Will it be right or wrong who the hell knows. If we could predict the next 5 years we would all be flying private jets. So I just say I am happy for them and best of luck. Maybe he is a Mackey winner and 1st round draft choice or maybe not. But it is his dream school. Respect it I guess is my thought.
Nice comments. Husker here. Fun just reading other thoughts. Norris is
My guess for 2022 TE's is that we have the inside track for Riley and NE for Helms. Raridon? Nice to have him, but don't know his interest level.
Insiders here in Nebraska feel Riley is more likely to go elsewhere. I do not believe he grew up much in the Omaha area so does not have the ties. Many expect to get Helms. Hard to see getting both given we have three this year (Rollins is a project and could move to D). I would add we did not sign a TE in 20 and the lone tight end in 19 is playing a WR role given he is just too slender.

Wasn't quite sure why we pushed this offer out to Carnie, our TE room is stuffed with talent and lots of underclassmen.

Beyer
Laporta
Miamen
Lachey
Yelverton

We'll be fine, let Carnie go play at his dream school. He may find it to be a nightmare eventually.

I agree except I do believe Iowa has a history of not offering anyone with a pulse. So they saw something. But we have a stacked room with some serious studs on the radar for next year. Like I said, best of luck to him and happy he got his dream offer.

Nice comments. Husker here. Fun just reading other thoughts. Norris is

Insiders here in Nebraska feel Riley is more likely to go elsewhere. I do not believe he grew up much in the Omaha area so does not have the ties. Many expect to get Helms. Hard to see getting both given we have three this year (Rollins is a project and could move to D). I would add we did not sign a TE in 20 and the lone tight end in 19 is playing a WR role given he is just too slender.

Missouri - good get for you guys. I hope he works out great for you guys unless it is against Iowa! I don’t get as worked up recruiting (or try not to) as some people. But I know this. I was an above average wrestler in HS with minimal college interest. But every team in the country could have offered me a full ride, but hell if Gable offered me even an opportunity I would have walked from Chicago to Iowa City to wrestle at Iowa. So hard to blame kids.

Reactions: owenhawk
Amazing that he thinks Frost is safe there. This season is likely going to be brutal for them. Everyone wants to pile on them, and him in particular.
Frost is very safe. Outsiders do not realize the hot mess Riley left in just three years there. S&C was horrible and his ability to analyze recruits was questionable. We also have lost a lot of close games and just seem to have zero luck. Using multiple kickers last year (after schollie got hurt) cost us 1 if not 2 games. This season is just hard to predict, but brutal is not likely. Very young team still so need to play to get better for future. Key is O-Line (better) and pass rush/linebacker play (which was horrible last year due to lack of talent and just dumb play like the long run by Iowa when the LB bit and was out of position). Confidence and a winning attitude needs to develop more.

So NE took 3 TE’s in this class? Are they changing their offense?
To a degree. Frost likes two-TE sets but we do not have the guys to do it now. We did not sign a TE in 20 and the lone TE in 19 is now a WR. TE room is seniors and juniors (some will not be asked back in 21 most likely despite another year to play).

Frost is very safe. Outsiders do not realize the hot mess Riley left in just three years there. S&C was horrible and his ability to analyze recruits was questionable. We also have lost a lot of close games and just seem to have zero luck. Using multiple kickers last year (after schollie got hurt) cost us 1 if not 2 games. This season is just hard to predict, but brutal is not likely. Very young team still so need to play to get better for future. Key is O-Line (better) and pass rush/linebacker play (which was horrible last year due to lack of talent and just dumb play like the long run by Iowa when the LB bit and was out of position). Confidence and a winning attitude needs to develop more.

I would agree with this. I think Frost has uptick the overall talent and has done well in the JUCO ranks also. Big question now is going to be can they start to equate it in to wins. Frost is very safe right now but I think they will be patient for only so long.

Beyer
Laporta
Miamen
Lachey
Yelverton

If the staff wanted him then so did I but I can get behind a lot of what you are selling here. Our TE room is stacked with a lot of talent on paper and young. Of course, you never know how they will pan out or injuries ect.

Really excited about all 3 after LaPorta. Saw some of Lachey's highlights when he was coming out and super impressed.

Missouri - I am in the extreme minority here so maybe shouldn’t even post this but whatever. I actually want Nebbie to be good. I think it makes the Big 10 better. Do I want to lose to you guys or lose recruits? Of course not. However, would it be fun having Wisconsin, Iowa, Minny and Nebbie ranked each year. Hell yes. The Big 10 West narrative is so false (we had 3 top 15 teams last year for God’s sake) but if Nebbie steps up I think it makes the conference look better. Will I get banned for this post?!

Missouri - I am in the extreme minority here so maybe shouldn’t even post this but whatever. I actually want Nebbie to be good. I think it makes the Big 10 better. Do I want to lose to you guys or lose recruits? Of course not. However, would it be fun having Wisconsin, Iowa, Minny and Nebbie ranked each year. Hell yes. The Big 10 West narrative is so false (we had 3 top 15 teams last year for God’s sake) but if Nebbie steps up I think it makes the conference look better. Will I get banned for this post?!

FYI - never seen the Iowa mods ban anyone - that’s Nebraska

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT