ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Prediction: Scott Frost Fired By Year Six

I talked to a couple Nebraska fans today (including Tom Shatel of the OWH) about Frost and the upcoming season.

Both told me that they felt that within 5 years, Nebraska would be competing in the Playoff and winning the Big Ten West “at least every other year.”

I live in Omaha and am typically pretty in tune with the morale of Husker fans, but definitely didn’t realize that the level of optimism regarding Frost was as high as it was. I thought most were cautiously optimistic believing that Nebraska could be a consistent competitor in the Big Ten within a couple years, but recently (not sure the reason) it seems that their optimism levels are continuing to climb.

Makes me a little worried for Frost if he doesn’t deliver/return NU to their former glory.

Why Year 6? Just curious why you picked that particular number.

Oh, and I suppose since I haven't seen anyone else mention it, thank you for starting a thread about Scott Frost and the Nebraska Cornhuskers. I was just thinking we've been in short supply of them lately, which I guess is understable since Husker football is so irrelevant.:rolleyes: Still, even though noone in Hawkeyeland gives them a passing thought anymore, they are still our neighbors to the west, so it's nice to stumble upon a post or two (or 27) about Nebraska football from time to time.

Thank you, sir, for your fastidious effort in making sure that while Nebraska football may be far removed from our collective Hawkeye consciousness they are in fact never forgotten.

Good thing Iowa is undefeated this season and Nebraska is winless. Otherwise HCKF would already be on the hotseat.
Bingo. You've described the situation perfectly. Scott Frost has done nothing in the B1G. He is winless. The Farmers Almanac calls for the Black Friday game to be in the teens with 30 mph winds. See you at Kinnick.

Why Year 6? Just curious why you picked that particular number.

Oh, and I suppose since I haven't seen anyone else mention it, thank you for starting a thread about Scott Frost and the Nebraska Cornhuskers. I was just thinking we've been in short supply of them lately, which I guess is understable since Husker football is so irrelevant.:rolleyes: Still, even though noone in Hawkeyeland gives them a passing thought anymore, they are still our neighbors to the west, so it's nice to stumble upon a post or two (or 27) about Nebraska football from time to time.

Thank you, sir, for your fastidious effort in making sure that while Nebraska football may be far removed from our collective Hawkeye consciousness they are in fact never forgotten.
Don't you remember? OP is a husker fan

Reactions: Hock-I
Expectations that can’t be met are already being set by Will Moos and fans. Frost will be OUT by year six. Take it to the bank.
Scott Flop will be fired in year 5. Immediately following a 63 point loss to Iowa. If he’s not fired he’ll jump at the great opportunity to coach Florida International.
Finally some humor on a bombastic message board.

Reactions: kimaniismyffriend
Dunno if Frost can work out for them.
One thing I'm sure of, though, is that Nebraska will become Minnesota if he fails.
The optimism their fans displayed over his hire is amazing. If he fails, don't know how they could ever recover from that.

If the Frost melts then Nebraska will be like 1980's Northwestern.

Scott Frost is the best hire since Osborne. He is the first coach in 19 years that has total support from both administrators and assistant coaches. Solich didn't have that. Where that leads them is to be determined, just like all other West teams. Fun times are ahead.

Reactions: MITCH492
Frost would have to be a complete disaster to get canned in that time frame...as in under .500. I don't see that. He may get them back to Pellini-like territory but not deliver on the NC or Big Ten Championship game dreams. As their Golden Boy he'll have plenty of rope to work with. A little reality...a little...may begin to set in when the Husker faithful realize 1995 ain't coming back.

Expectations that can’t be met are already being set by Will Moos and fans. Frost will be OUT by year six. Take it to the bank.

Had a Badger friend call me yesterday about one of the B1G Media Days podcasts claiming Frost will have Nebraska in the CFP by year two or three.

My response: "Substitute the podcast from 2015 where the same claim is made for Harbaugh. How'd that prediction fare with reality?"

I get that Frost had a great year at UCF. I get that Harbaugh had huge years at San Fran and Stanford. I also "get" that Harbaugh is now at Michigan and Frost is now at Nebraska, NOT at their previous places.

Had a Badger friend call me yesterday about one of the B1G Media Days podcasts claiming Frost will have Nebraska in the CFP by year two or three.

My response: "Substitute the podcast from 2015 where the same claim is made for Harbaugh. How'd that prediction fare with reality?"

I get that Frost had a great year at UCF. I get that Harbaugh had huge years at San Fran and Stanford. I also "get" that Harbaugh is now at Michigan and Frost is now at Nebraska, NOT at their previous places.
How do you say Harbaugh’s prediction isn’t a reality when he’s he coaching career isn’t over at Mich? The narrative changes if he wins this year, correct? Kind of like James Franklin before he won the BIG. Which is very likely. Winning the BIG in your 4th year is huge accomplishment. Him has had two 10’wins seasons and one 7 win season. If scott has a 10 win season this year he would coach of the year again. Harbaugh gets a lot hype but he’s damn good coach and I’m willing bet they win the BIG this year. I agree his success gets overshadowed by high the expectations.

Also, why do you have to compare Scott with Harbaugh? Why wouldn’t you compare him to Lincoln Riley or Tom Herman? The truth is no one knows and we’ll all have to see how it plays out!!

Reactions: wadeo24
BS

All of heard was how great he did at Oregon State given their facilities and commitment. Imagine what he can do at Nebraska. I said fired by 2018.
Meh. There were some Iowa fans that thought Todd Lickliter was a great hire because he was the National Coach of the Year the season before...........................They didn't speak for the entire fanbase.

How do you say Harbaugh’s prediction isn’t a reality when he’s he coaching career isn’t over at Mich? The narrative changes if he wins this year, correct? Kind of like James Franklin before he won the BIG. Which is very likely. Winning the BIG in your 4th year is huge accomplishment. Him has had two 10’wins seasons and one 7 win season. If scott has a 10 win season this year he would coach of the year again. Harbaugh gets a lot hype but he’s damn good coach and I’m willing bet they win the BIG this year. I agree his success gets overshadowed by high the expectations.

Also, why do you have to compare Scott with Harbaugh? Why wouldn’t you compare him to Lincoln Riley or Tom Herman? The truth is no one knows and we’ll all have to see how it plays out!!
James Franklin is this guy (below), but using SEC recruiting tactics to succeed at traditional power Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT