ADVERTISEMENT

Bollers

eh, give me Scherf or Yanda. You think they give two shits about being part of a Bama fraternity? I bet not. Iowa boys and they take pride in it.
Iowa pride is awesome - I've got a lot of it myself. But "Bama fraternity?"

We need much, much more than guys that have Iowa pride. Ross may have Iowa pride himself but he desired the big games, obviously and, sadly, not coming to Iowa was the right choice from that standpoint.

Reactions: KirbyKhokbern
While not quite Stanford, Alabama is a great school. One of the best in the south, in many academic departments. Every bit as good as Iowa or Michigan. He’d be fine.
In the south, some of the better academic schools are Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech, Duke, Texas, Texas A&M, Rice, Emory, and (maybe) Florida. It's appalling how middling the rest are. Sorry, but the reason to go to 'Bama is largely 3-fold ... stay close to home (for in-state kids), sports, and the co-eds. Academically, I would never consider them.

Last edited:
Exactly. When you come out with a list of top 3, Iowa isn’t on it, you’re a legacy, and yet you put Terrible programs like Nebby and Iowa St on the list expect Iowa coaches to move on. You’re not a good fit and not worth their time and effort.
Exactly. Screams attention seeker. The courting goes both ways. Show me interest and you'll get plenty the interest back. May be good athlete, but not the fit for Iowa.

How bout mostly controlled if it really makes you feel better. Lol. Stick to your stat sheet reading.
A game is 60 mins. It doesnt matter how well you played for the first 50 if you blow it late and end up trailing in last min. Some of worst clock management anyone will see, very lucky to win but my best live sports moment.

My die hard cyclone alum hometown friend went and was sitting next to me cuz he happened to be visiting his aunt down there....admitted it was his best live sports moment too:D

Reactions: KirbyKhokbern
Boys - Let’s keep comments on the high side. Doing an ISU implosion over losing a recruit is a bad look. I mean hell ISU lost that Blaise G kid to Nebraska and not only fans but their coach and AD went after him on social media. That is pathetic. Wherever Bollers goes good for him. He is a legacy but apparently wants something different. Good for him.

Boys - Let’s keep comments on the high side. Doing an ISU implosion over losing a recruit is a bad look. I mean hell ISU lost that Blaise G kid to Nebraska and not only fans but their coach and AD went after him on social media. That is pathetic. Wherever Bollers goes good for him. He is a legacy but apparently wants something different. Good for him.

I don't think people are losing that much sleep about a recruit that hasn't even indicated that Iowa is in or out much less picked another school.

Last edited:
Reactions: owenhawk
The coaches I am sure know if Bollers is interested enough to continue to pursue him. If he's got his mind on going elsewhere then I am sure the coaches are spending their time recruiting kids that they feel have Hawk interest and they have a legit chance at getting a commitment. Bollers is not going to make or break the class, and we always seem to recruit some pretty good DE's.

Reactions: MitchLL
They all have to go somewhere. No matter where a person goes to school you have to like being there! It would be like going to work where you didn't like your job! WOULD MAKE IT HARD TO EVEN LEAVE THEDOOR! Which is why I retired at 60. haha

CC - I agree and was my point. Best of luck to him. Just was saying for people to take the high road. No reason to go after a kid making a decision. I think he will be very good wherever he goes. And happy our Coach and AD wont be going to social media to rip him. And hopefully the fans follow suit. He is a legacy so root for him unless against Iowa.

While not quite Stanford, Alabama is a great school. One of the best in the south, in many academic departments. Every bit as good as Iowa or Michigan. He’d be fine.

I could be wrong as of late but as of the last year most all studies and publications have Alabama well below Iowa as an undergrad university. There may be some things they are good at but overall I'm fairly certain the consensus is they are not a great academic school relative to their peers outside the SEC. They are much closer to Nebraska than anyone else in the Big Ten.

Oh wow, look who is making a post about iowa state.

Dude you were banned yesterday under a different name after like 3 posts and back again. Rinse and repeat. Wow. Really sad. I think the wrestling board already wanted you banned earlier today. Very sad and pathetic life you live champ. Seriously there are meds and I only hope and pray you aren’t married or have kids.

Dude you were banned yesterday under a different name after like 3 posts and back again. Rinse and repeat. Wow. Really sad. I think the wrestling board already wanted you banned earlier today. Very sad and pathetic life you live champ. Seriously there are meds and I only hope and pray you aren’t married or have kids.
You aren't even smart enough to use the reply function cytwins, lol.

Mods seriously the guy was banned yesterday for the same crap. Regardless what I said was 100 percent factually accurate. Buddy seriously get a life. You need help. Twins? He has 60k posts on Iowa. What do I have since 2003 on ISU? I am very worried about u. Focus on something different.

Cosmo - exactly the kid is good but doesn’t want to go to Iowa. It happens. There are a ton of rumors why. I have heard the following: wants to leave the State or at least home; Iowa doesn’t play the defense he wants; his Dad is butthurt over KF not hiring him, etc. doesn’t matter. He wants to go elsewhere. Best of luck to him.

....You don’t think LSU scoring on an 80 TD run with about 30 seconds left in the first half was a fluke? They were trying to run out the clock. It was a bigger fluke than the final play, but nobody remembers it. If we’re going to say the final play was a fluke(and it was) we have to acknowledge the play at the end of the first half.

Iowa completely controlled that game. If not for the fluke play at the end of the first half, LSU never even would have been in that game.

I would call that play a break down in our defense. They let up. I doubt KF told them it's ok guys it was just a fluke play. I'm sure the coaches ripped the D a new one for letting up on a play and not being prepared for anything. Crap like that can get you beat regardless how dominant you're playing.

Reactions: goodbyebobby
I don't think people are losing that much sleep about a recruit that hasn't even indicated that Iowa is in or out much less picked another school.

i agree. I think most of this thread has been pretty tame. Anyone that posts anything on Twitter or whatever attacking a kid based on where they go to college is a pathetic loser.

The conversation has been pretty even keeled about why either side might not be interested in the other. I’m fine with Bollers pursuing other options, just as I am fine if the Iowa staff has chose to move on from him. And while it would be fine if Iowa landed him, I seriously doubt that not getting him will matter much to Iowa’s success in the long run.

Reactions: Easthawk36
Do you really think Ross draft stock is higher at Iowa. Bama develops lineman as well as us... sorry it’s true. He had a phenomenal career. Also played in a title game almost or every year of his career.

I doubt he has ANY regrets.

well he ended up as their Center, so kind of hard to tell. But he didn't improve his draft by going to Bama. Could have done the same at Iowa. He just got to be in the titles.

Reactions: And1Hawk

source.gif

Dude. If you want to make a point that U of Alabama is a decent place to get an undergraduate degree and has some respectable programs, that's fair and accurate. No need for the ridiculous hyperbole.

CC - I agree and was my point. Best of luck to him. Just was saying for people to take the high road. No reason to go after a kid making a decision. I think he will be very good wherever he goes. And happy our Coach and AD wont be going to social media to rip him. And hopefully the fans follow suit. He is a legacy so root for him unless against Iowa.
F that. If he doesn't go to Iowa, I wish him the worst of luck when it comes to football! I'm not rooting for him if he goes to a different b1g school and I'm sure as hell not rooting for any bama players.

Screw the high road! :D

F that. If he doesn't go to Iowa, I wish him the worst of luck when it comes to football! I'm not rooting for him if he goes to a different b1g school and I'm sure as hell not rooting for any bama players.

Screw the high road! :D

It's Iowa week for Alabama. Fidone too. Blue bloods have it easy. Pound sand Saban.

He's a great kid from a great family. It's funny watching some grown men judge a person's character based solely on his current college recruiting commentary.
Not judging his character just going by his comments, like "haven't heard from the Iowa staff lately". Not sure how much contact a top recruit gets from the Iowa staff but it appears it's not at the level he wants. That's ok, on to the next.

Reactions: MitchLL
Boller's feelings might be hurt even more...I see Rivals has a new rating and has listed Fidone as the State's top 2021 recruit.

He might need to tweet more!

Reactions: TtotheL
We just got a Rivals 4 star DE with offers from Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame in the '20 class and we have the 247 #7 overall DE committed to the '22 class.

If there are any positions to miss this year, it's DE and TE.

I'm going to assume two things:

1. The combine is not full pads.
2. You haven't seen him play.

This might be worse than the "he's not an Iowa character fit" takes on the previous page. You're a better evaluator than Bama Wisconsin Washington Florida TXAM Iowa Michigan etc, sweet.

We just got a Rivals 4 star DE with offers from Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame in the '20 class and we have the 247 #7 overall DE committed to the '22 class.

If there are any positions to miss this year, it's DE and TE.

Hawks had a solid class at DE with Craig, Black and Van Ness last year. Bowie is already committed to swarm 21. I think we have a good shot at Montgomery and several other tall DE's.

Wish Trevor success but I think his ship has past.

Now Fidone is another story, hope the Hawks can somehow get his commitment, although I do see them offering several other kids not has highly rated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT