ADVERTISEMENT

Bono Oh No

Not sure which part is funniest, but I actually heard Iowa State fans say in Jackson’s first year how much more aggressively they were wrestling than they were under Sanderson. To me that was funny and sad.

Jimmy may be right that Bobby was not that loved by Iowa fans for sure and maybe the state as a whole but what he did during the Mocco match at nationals is all I need to know about the guy. I am not sure how many coaches would have done that. My guess is not many. Hard to not like him after that.

Not sure which part is funniest, but I actually heard Iowa State fans say in Jackson’s first year how much more aggressively they were wrestling than they were under Sanderson. To me that was funny and sad.
Why would Iowa fans "love" any Iowa State Coach? That's just dumb. And nobody in their right mind switches allegiances because of a former athlete Coaching at a different school. That's dumber yet.

Why would Iowa fans "love" any Iowa State Coach? That's just dumb. And nobody in their right mind switches allegiances because of a former athlete Coaching at a different school. That's dumber yet.
Yea I wouldn’t say I “loved” the guy....but had a ton of respect for him.... he was an icon in the sport and did everything the right way.... he definitely deserved better

Reactions: nearfall2
Have to disagree on this one. Almost identical to what was written about Douglas, Kurdelmeier was given a job with the university and took the high road by keeping quiet. To say that Kurdelmeier was happy with this is incorrect.
WOW. This response should have all of your posting privileges revoked. If you believe this then you obviously just spew shit for the hell of it:rolleyes:

Have to disagree on this one. Almost identical to what was written about Douglas, Kurdelmeier was given a job with the university and took the high road by keeping quiet. To say that Kurdelmeier was happy with this is incorrect.
That's not what I've always understood.

Reactions: nearfall2
WOW. This response should have all of your posting privileges revoked. If you believe this then you obviously just spew shit for the hell of it:rolleyes:
Well, I have a lot closer connection to Kurdelmeier than you, I guarantee that. I wasn’t disparaging Gable at all. Just getting some facts straight. Believe what you want.

Bobby Douglas was booed upon introduction at Carver in 2004. Iowa fans did not like him and a lot of Iiowa State fans didn’t either. He was not that popular in Iowa , period. I thought he was a good coach, but he was never embraced by the state of Iowa and never had teams perform up to the expectations of when he was hired after winnning a title at ASU.

Let’s not revise history here and make it out like Douglas was some hero that Iowa loved. He had some good finishes in the 90s and early 2000s, but was inconsistent. Consistency did not come until Cael took over and was rapidly destroyed when he left. Cael left Jackson with a team that could have won NCAAs and ended up with third. Iowa State fans were “all in” at the time and convinced Jackson was the better coach. They were upset with Cael that he couldn’t beat Iowa. The ISU fans at that time learned the hard way they were wrong. I’ll bet anything a lot of them are now Iowa fans, just like fans that switched from ISU to Iowa to follow Gable.

Utter nonsense. Bobby Douglas was respected by everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: nearfall2 and MSeil
Obviously you weren’t around when Gable started coaching,but a ton of ISU fans became Iowa fans. You can call that dumb, but that’s what happened. I’ll forgive your youthful ignorance.

Obviously you weren’t around when Gable started coaching,but a ton of ISU fans became Iowa fans. You can call that dumb, but that’s what happened. I’ll forgive your youthful ignorance.
LOL! One of us is a Dumbass. Here's a hint.....it's You.

Your next screen name should be Jimmy doesn't know Jack. You'll need a new one soon because you're going to be real popular on the Ignore list I have a feeling.

But have a nice day anyway.

Your next screen name should be Jimmy doesn't know Jack. You'll need a new one soon because you're going to be real popular on the Ignore list I have a feeling.

But have a nice day anyway.
You have a nice day, too.
I don’t resort to name calling . I’m just telling what I know. You can read it or just move on. Maybe it touched a nerve or it doesn’t fit your agenda, I don’t care. But I never said one bad word about Iowa or your coaches. So bury your head in ignorance. Maybe you weren’t around in the seventies and eighties. I used to think older people were dumb, too

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT