ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Nights (the movie)

Great movie. The scene when they go to the guys house to rob him while Sister Christian is playing is legendary.
Yes

I mean, this cast…

Mark Wahlberg
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Burt Reynolds
Don Cheadle
William H Macey
John C Reilly
Robert Evans
Heather Graham
Julianne Moore
Luis Guzman
Alfred Molina
Thomas Jane

And on and on

Just saw it again the other day as well, as it’s making the rounds on one of the movie channels. I actually think it’s a little overrated apart from the robbery scene, which still had me totally on edge. Paul Thomas Anderson has done better films since.

Last edited:
Dirk handled that pretty well. He could have shamed Scotty or used his karate on him. Instead, he chilled out and simply invited him back into the party.

On one hand, Scotty was bold (drunk bold) and shot his shot. On the other hand, Scotty sexually assaulted Mr. Diggler and since it was arguably a work party could have liability for the Colonel’s film operation. The Colonel is an outstanding individual and would not want to tarnish his name. Some workplace training could have prevented that.

I always thought it made good business sense to have gheys on crew behind the camera. Not sure how a straight dude could hold the boom mic that long with a raging boner.

Good movie. Entertaining.

Not great by any means.

Great is

Casablanca,
Gone with the Wind,
Bridge on the River Kwai.

It ain't in this category
Youre Getting Old Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT