ADVERTISEMENT

Boomers on social media

Boomers: don’t believe everything you read on the internet!

Also boomers:

180808_ntl_qanon6_1240_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Boomers on social media are terrible but I’ve been getting more and more annoyed by your Gen Z / Millennial on Reddit/Twitter lately. Complaining about everything. Nothing is ever their fault (“thanks mom and dad for screwing me up so much” type statements). Excuse for anything done by someone in from certain groups they want to defend.

Facebook has had a fascinating business arc of being first dominated by college aged millennials that was taken over by GenX showing off their newly started families to then overrun with boomers, with each previous generation becoming way less active. It’s basically mombook and grandparentbook

My dad posts on my mom’s Facebook account for some odd reason (there is some convoluted reason he gives about security and his years in the military) and every time he makes a post he shares it - as if posting it isn’t sufficient. I’ve explained it several times, but he keeps doing it.

Reactions: noleclone2
People read Facebook posts weird. If it isn't some family or friends thing totally skip it. Get enough opinions from douchebags I don't want to know about on HROT.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
If it weren't for the baby boomers winning the Vietnam war, you'd be wearing a leaf hat and picking rice.

Reactions: goldmom
I don't know why anyone who's not a public figure (or trying to be a public figure) is posting on regular social media. I keep a burner Facebook account now so I can visit small local business pages for companies who don't have websites (Mom and Pop restaurants basically). I keep a twitter account so I can read through tweets of public figures I choose to follow. Thank god IG was not around when I was in college. Facebook was bad enough.

Facebook is terrible for keeping up with your family and friends anymore. It's not about photo albums or however it started. It's just an mainline for content/ads/junk now. It's not social.

Facebook has had a fascinating business arc of being first dominated by college aged millennials that was taken over by GenX showing off their newly started families to then overrun with boomers, with each previous generation becoming way less active. It’s basically mombook and grandparentbook
Pretty much agree. I jumped on to see my friends' adult kids and grandkids, plus my own grandkids, since my DIL posts tons of pics. Also keep up with old (yeah) high school and college buds. I don't cruise around FB or post tons of travel or "I am here" stuff.

:D
Boomers on social media are terrible but I’ve been getting more and more annoyed by your Gen Z / Millennial on Reddit/Twitter lately. Complaining about everything. Nothing is ever their fault (“thanks mom and dad for screwing me up so much” type statements). Excuse for anything done by someone in from certain groups they want to defend.

OK Boomer:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT