ADVERTISEMENT

Border wall

Did Mexico pay for it?
Would you have been ok with one if they did? I don’t understand the point of this type of deflection post in general; but if you weren’t ok with the wall if it was paid for, the post makes zero sense at all.

Gun laws work everywhere in the world, but because the left wants them, the right won't even entertain the idea. Border walls work around the the world, but because the right wants one, the left doesn't want one (unless, of course, if the Orange Dreamsicle could, in fact, make Mexico pay for it).

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Did Mexico pay for it?
People still bring this up, but is it not plainly obvious by now that we're throwing away billions by transporting, detaining, housing, feeding and caring for illegal migrants? If they had to remain in Mexico, and do their entire application proceeds from there, any money spent on improving the border fence/wall would be recouped easily.

Is it a signed check from Mexico? No. But Mexico would be forced to absorb costs that we as taxpayers are currently paying. To me that's close enough to Mexico paying for it, but... Going one further, let's say we didn't fix/add to a fence/wall and simply enforced a "remain in Mexico" policy over the course of 5-10 years... Might Mexico build a wall on their side to help control flow? Maybe not, but I bet they'd do a lot more to try to discourage people from trekking through Mexico on their way to the US, because they aren't going to like absorbing that cost over the long haul...

People still bring this up, but is it not plainly obvious by now that we're throwing away billions by transporting, detaining, housing, feeding and caring for illegal migrants? If they had to remain in Mexico, and do their entire application proceeds from there, any money spent on improving the border fence/wall would be recouped easily.

Is it a signed check from Mexico? No. But Mexico would be forced to absorb costs that we as taxpayers are currently paying. To me that's close enough to Mexico paying for it, but... Going one further, let's say we didn't fix/add to a fence/wall and simply enforced a "remain in Mexico" policy over the course of 5-10 years... Might Mexico build a wall on their side to help control flow? Maybe not, but I bet they'd do a lot more to try to discourage people from trekking through Mexico on their way to the US, because they aren't going to like absorbing that cost over the long haul...
My problem is the former president made it his promise #1 that he was going to build a wall and then Mexico was going to pay for it. Anybody with half a brain knew that was a big lie. That's why the maga cult believed it, half a brain. But they still bought into it and voted for him like it was going to be true. That's how stupid they are. Of course it never happened, we didn't build this great wall, and Mexico didn't pay one cent. But the maga cult doesn't care that they were blatantly lied to. And this goes on and on and on with Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser lying, and maga cult believing it.

What would cost more? What we're doing now or build, maintain and monitor 2000 miles of border wall?

Gun laws work everywhere in the world, but because the left wants them, the right won't even entertain the idea. Border walls work around the the world, but because the right wants one, the left doesn't want one (unless, of course, if the Orange Dreamsicle could, in fact, make Mexico pay for it).
Most of the world doesn't have walls running the length of their border. Maybe they are better at dealing with the underlying issues, and we could apply those lessons.

What would cost more? What we're doing now or build, maintain and monitor 2000 miles of border wall?
Nobody ever proposed 2,000 miles of border wall, which would be totally unnecessary, but what we're doing now would definitely cost more, even without remain in Mexico (which frankly should have been reinstated long ago).

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Most of the world doesn't have walls running the length of their border. Maybe they are better at dealing with the underlying issues, and we could apply those lessons.
Iran does a pretty good job at border security. I bet you wouldn't want to cross their border.

Last edited:
Iran does a pretty good job at border security. I bet you wouldn't want to cross there's border.
You are you sure on this one? I don't believe that the border with Pakistan and Afghanistan are all that secure. There's quite a bit of drug trafficking through Iran.

Nobody ever proposed 2,000 miles of border wall, which would be totally unnecessary, but what we're doing now would definitely cost more, even without remain in Mexico (which frankly should have been reinstated long ago).
So "build the wall" means what? Build some wall? We already have that.

You realize most the immigrants aren't Mexican right? Why are they responsible for them any more than we are?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Or don't be a US citizen in Iran.
emily fitch skins GIF

Reactions: globalhawk

If Biden agreed tomorrow to build a wall the entire span of the border, add tech to monitor it 100% and hire more agents to cover the duties. If he did that would Rs agree to gun restrictions/reform?

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
Th
Thats exactly the grift that Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser sold his cult dupes. Promise #1. And they all bought into it. Hook line and sinker. I heard a million quotes from all his 2016 and 2020 rallies where the cult members spewed exactly that. Hook, line and sinker.

lol, you ever get dizzy with all that spinning?

Reactions: BelemNole
So "build the wall" means what? Build some wall? We already have that.

You realize most the immigrants aren't Mexican right? Why are they responsible for them any more than we are?
It was made pretty clear pretty early that it was repair and expand the wall, but that large sections of border were basically deemed impassable as is.

I do realize they're largely not Mexican, but Mexico is essentially stepping aside and letting their own country to be used as a migration highway. We have every right to hold them accountable for that. Trump did it, and Biden undid it because orange man bad along with everything else trump did, for political reasons. Even lucid Biden would be able to see not EVERYTHING trump did was bad.

If Biden agreed tomorrow to build a wall the entire span of the border, add tech to monitor it 100% and hire more agents to cover the duties. If he did that would Rs agree to gun restrictions/reform?
Seriously, let's do this America. And then we can tackle the myriad other problems rather than recycling these same issues for decades.

A. If true that's AWESOME!
B. Does that make the left like Biden less? (can't keep up with the narrative...goal posts keep getting moved)
I know of no one on the left that is for open borders. Reagan thru Bush 2 all didn't really push the envelope towards keeping the southern borders fully closed. They all wanted latinos to come here and do our hard work for cheap. And that's the God's honest truth.

Reactions: BelemNole
I know of no one on the left that is for open borders. Reagan thru Bush 2 all didn't really push the envelope towards keeping the southern borders fully closed. They all wanted latinos to come here and do our hard work for cheap. And that's the God's honest truth.
Reagan proposed an open border.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT