ADVERTISEMENT

Both KF and Fran need to work and use the Portal wisely

Hawk68

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
As I watched Iowa's OL and especially the RG get blown away all year, I noticed we had about 10 reserve OL's on the bench. I know Rebraca came from the portal and plays hard, but he won't cut it as a rim protector this year. I see that USC took 19 new portal players and I am not advocating for that. But, it should be obvious, especially in FB where we need immediate help. It should be equally obvious to the coaches which players are not going to cut it in BIG10. I know we are a "development" school however, it sure the hell would not hurt to lure some developed players to the fold. Equally, it would not hurt to see some players go to MAC level teams where they could see the field.

Are you signed up for the Swarm?

People doing that is the only way Iowa is successful in the portal.

Still say we must get a QB in the portal this year.

Get the QB first, and then go after a couple WR and OL.

Too feel better about our season, I tuned into the last few minutes of the clowns' 62-14 beatdown by TCU to have a laugh, and the announcers were talking about how TCU took 20 transfers this year, while Isu took only 2. They said they asked Campbell before the game about why he doesn't look to the portal more, and were told that (4-8) Isu is successful because they focus on turning 18 year olds into the players they want. It made me laugh even more.

Both programs proclaim as being developmental programs and Fran has kind of advertised his position. There are schools like TCU typically use this their option to re-load every year and have had success in both sports.

Fran has said that they missed on three players last year due to NIL. If you haven't then I encourage you to join Swarm or do a one time donation at least.

They said they asked Campbell before the game about why he doesn't look to the portal more, and were told that (4-8) Isu is successful because they focus on turning 18 year olds into the players they want. It made me laugh even more.
The level of stubbornness in the Iowa air is remarkable.

The whole “we don’t need help, we’ll be fine with what we have” mentality blows my mind.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
ADVERTISEMENT