ADVERTISEMENT

Bottom Line: Does Dahm Survive or Not?

frydaze

HR Legend
Nov 25, 2001
Wanting to know what the baseball backers here believe--out at season's end or not?

Things just don't seem to be getting better. Seems like there is always some talent being recruited but it's just not developing into success on the field.

Originally posted by frydaze:
Wanting to know what the baseball backers here believe--out at season's end or not?

Things just don't seem to be getting better. Seems like there is always some talent being recruited but it's just not developing into success on the field.
I don't think he survives until next season.

Here is the next coach in waiting.

http://athletics.iwcc.edu/sports/coaches.asp?sport=baseball

Jack Dahm has continuously recruited Top 3 or 4 classes in the Big Ten and sometimes the top class according to Baseball America for several years now. When you continually finish the bottom three of the league (minus three years) it's time to be held accountable. His contract will not be renewed. I think renewing it for one year last year like Barta did was stupid, especially if it's because Iowa took 2/3 against #8 Purdue.

Well the talk last year following another disappointing season was that Dahm was some kind of super fund-raiser for the Athletic Dept., which offset the on-field issues. Given the problems we've had filling positions in some other non-revenue sports (and why that has been is an interesting topic on it's own), JD could well be back next year. My guess is he will be.

If Dahm is back it will be a joke. It means Iowa does not care a lick about performing in baseball. The crowds are very sparse at Duane Banks Field, and now the radio broadcasts of their games have been cancelled for this year.

Barta is far from the most competent AD in the Big 10 so nothing would ever surprise. me.

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
Jack Dahm has continuously recruited Top 3 or 4 classes in the Big Ten and sometimes the top class according to Baseball America for several years now. When you continually finish the bottom three of the league (minus three years) it's time to be held accountable. His contract will not be renewed. I think renewing it for one year last year like Barta did was stupid, especially if it's because Iowa took 2/3 against #8 Purdue.
Story I have been told was that Gary put out feelers to 3-4 possible coaching candidates and all said thanks but no thanks so without knowing for sure he could find someone better than Dahm, he gave the 1-year extension. I think Gary got caught with his pants down a few years ago during the hiring process for the Volleyball coach and wants to make sure he has someone pretty much lined up for the baseball job long before he decides to let Dahm go.

Originally posted by frydaze:

If Dahm is back it will be a joke. It means Iowa does not care a lick about performing in baseball. The crowds are very sparse at Duane Banks Field, and now the radio broadcasts of their games have been cancelled for this year.

Barta is far from the most competent AD in the Big 10 so nothing would ever surprise. me.

This was evident by the athletic department hiring Dahm in the first place. There were 2-3 more qualified and proven candidates.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Marc might come to Iowa, but one thing to keep in mind. Right now the job at Iowa Western is better than the job at Iowa.

Originally posted by bubbfan
Marc might come to Iowa, but one thing to keep in mind. Right now the job at Iowa Western is better than the job at Iowa.

Please, let's not get crazy here. I think a change needs to be made.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by bubbfan:
The odds of winning might be much greater at IWCC but money talks and Dahm probably makes about 3 to 4 times as much as Mark does at IWCC.

In reality he has probably turned down better offers than what Iowa could offer.

If Jack is replaced, I do not know if Marc would take the job at Iowa or not. However, if they did not offer the job to him, I believe they would be insane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT