ADVERTISEMENT

Bought Penn State tickets! Advice?

cubsMDdmb

HB MVP
Jan 15, 2003
Just bought 4 tickets to the Penn State game. Looking forward to blowing up the white out! My son and I will be driving from Iowa, picking up another Iowa fan in Indiana, and meeting a 4th at a (hopefully) tailgating spot.

Anyone have any advice for Iowa fans looking for a tailgating opportunity for the at PSU game? I’m completely cool with bringing my own stuff and finding a parking spot but so far info on the net is sketchy at best on how to best tailgate at PSU? I guess I’m asking for advice from those that have done it in the past. Any advice is appreciated!

Reactions: wyldhawk9
Never been but I've been told best to prepay for tailgate spots. Day of game it's 2 or 3 times more supposedly.

I have been to happy valley and it is a tough place to tailgate. A lot of there parking is in a cow pasture. It is a pretty good hike where ever you go. The creamery ice cream is worth a visit. Not sure where your seats are but if you got them through Iowa, you will be in the nose bleed seats. It is a heck of an uphill climb. Bring binoculars.

Thanks for the responses!

From my research I’ll be buying a tailgate spot early.

Tickets are through StubHub and on the 22 yard line of the north end zone. Pretty much all other reasonable seats were in the 70s and 80s for row.

I have been to Happy Valley four times...including the ever so famous 2004 and 2009 games. :)
Every time I was there the fans were good...hopefully you have a the same experience. Have fun!
Tailgating areas are great too.

Reactions: step.eng69
Been there and had a great time. Tailgating was OK--was out in a grassy area. It was a good hike to the stadium. Penn State tailgaters were all friendly. I have been to all Big Ten stadiums except Rutgers and this is my favorite trip. It is a beautiful area to visit. Stadium is gigantic. In 2009 it was the loudest stadium I have ever experienced and after the blocked punt the quietest stadium I have ever been in.

I’m not aware of the tail gate passes.
I went in 2018 and paid up for a parking pass for a specific lot. I can’t remember but it might have been for a specific spot in said lot. We were pretty close to stadium and the people around us were great. Almost all PSU fans. Thankfully no one got raped.
Downside was the weather was awful. Rained entire time. That and I got to witness in person the single worst pass play ever when Stanley over-threw Hock down the middle.

Just downloaded my tickets to my apple wallet. I’m row 22 of the northeast section. 4 of us going wearing black and gold.

I have two parking passes for lot 36. Planning on getting there late morning. I’m so pumped to go to this game. I think we have a shot. Regardless it’ll be an awesome experience.

Who else is going?

Just downloaded my tickets to my apple wallet. I’m row 22 of the northeast section. 4 of us going wearing black and gold.

I have two parking passes for lot 36. Planning on getting there late morning. I’m so pumped to go to this game. I think we have a shot. Regardless it’ll be an awesome experience.

Who else is going?
I am going as well. Have pass in lot 36! Coming from Muscatine

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Just bought 4 tickets to the Penn State game. Looking forward to blowing up the white out! My son and I will be driving from Iowa, picking up another Iowa fan in Indiana, and meeting a 4th at a (hopefully) tailgating spot.

Anyone have any advice for Iowa fans looking for a tailgating opportunity for the at PSU game? I’m completely cool with bringing my own stuff and finding a parking spot but so far info on the net is sketchy at best on how to best tailgate at PSU? I guess I’m asking for advice from those that have done it in the past. Any advice is appreciated!
The followings links should answer your questions about parking, tickets tailgating and items not allowed on stadium entry.
Go to MAPS on the Football Game Day link for parking lot entry routes

Links:

Who else is going?
Good seats, this year Penn State has shuttles from outlier parking lots to the stadium.
Lot 36 is about 3/4 mile from the stadium...take shuttle

Last edited:

pray it isn"t raining. Went out a few years ago. Lots were a sloppy mess. (Grass-Mud) Penn State fans were very gracious. Did not hear a negative comment in lots, stadium or at the hotel. I was shocked

Reactions: MrsScrew
My best advice is start heading in early, especially if you are bringing a kid (not sure how old your son is) .

When I went out a couple of years ago the crowds trying to get in were the scariest thing I ever experienced. I literally thought I would be trampled to death.

this is what we were in the middle of a good hour before kick off.

PToY12N.jpg

also, be sure to vomit when you see things like this, shrines to joe

6B35oOJ.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: wyldhawk9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT