ADVERTISEMENT

Bourbon Smoked Chuck Roast

ThorneStockton

HR Legend
Oct 2, 2009
Well I'm finally giving it a shot, the recipe courtesy of @The Tradition and found here:

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5387&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ended up marinating for about 18 hours...

My cooker usually winds up about 290-300

3 pound chuck roast. Not too sure how long it'll take. Will probably have to end up keeping it wrapped in foil for a hour or two until an appropriate dinner time...

Post marinade, pre seasoning

2rexdZB.jpg

On the cooker and time to get some beer.

esdXCTQ.jpg

Looks great! How will you plan to serve it? Shredded/sliced for sandwiches? Or as an entree?

Really interested in how this turns out. Doesnt seem like a chuck can turn out that good in 90 minutes.

Really interested in how this turns out. Doesnt seem like a chuck can turn out that good in 90 minutes.

You're not cooking it to death and trying to get through the stall like you would if you're cooking it like a brisket. This recipe is only taking it to 145 - 150 or so.

Pulled at 145, 3 hours total. This is sitting on what's left of the heat.

Wrapped it up and going to ride over to the bgf's, to slice it up.

tri8HZ4.jpg

Reactions: artradley
Pulled at 145, 3 hours total. This is sitting on what's left of the heat.

Wrapped it up and going to ride over to the bgf's, to slice it up.

tri8HZ4.jpg

Nice job! I figured a three-pounder would take half that time at the temp you said your cooker tends to run. Don't forget the pics of the slices! (If you can stop stuffing your face long enough to snap a photo).

Nice job! I figured a three-pounder would take half that time at the temp you said your cooker tends to run. Don't forget the pics of the slices! (If you can stop stuffing your face long enough to snap a photo).

Thanks Trad, it didn't end up running at 300, I made some efforts to get it down after it seemed like it was cooking too fast.

Well, the flavor is great, there wasn't much doubt about the marinade/sauce.

User error I believe, could have gone longer. It was a bit tough. And I could have gone heavier with the wood chunks/chips.

oyJv5mP.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT