ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Chat Anyone?

Earvin32

Team MVP
Feb 15, 2013
Lets be honest. If we 'had" won yesterday, we'd be going to Indy with quite possibly a backup QB, no Cooper, no LaPorta. Now, we have a few weeks to heal up and try to win a bowl game. So, where do you think the Hawks land now? Nashville??

Nashville will be everyone's hope because it's actually a cool place that host a shitty bowl.

Just doing napkin math, assuming OSU gets in and Michigan goes to the rose, I would guess we are going to New York.

Osu- playoff

Michigan (rose)

Penn State (nY6)
Or
West winner (let's assume purdue)

Then it's a crap shoot for

Iowa , Maryland, Illinois, MN.

If penn state doesn't get one of the bids for NY6 we are probably looking at a b12 team in Phoenix.

Nashville will be everyone's hope because it's actually a cool place that host a shitty bowl.

Just doing napkin math, assuming OSU gets in and Michigan goes to the rose, I would guess we are going to New York.

Osu- playoff

Michigan

Penn State
Or

You could be right. Iowa is just not an attractive team. Boring, incompetent offense. Fan base that just isn't going to travel this year.

Osu- playoff

Michigan

Penn State
Or

If today's UM-tOSU loser keeps it close, and if the winner torches PU/Illinois in the title game, the Big Ten could get two teams in the playoffs.

In that scenario, also assuming Maryland, Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois win today:
10-win team
Rose: Penn State
8-win teams
Citrus: Purdue/Illinois/Minnesota
Tampa Bay: Purdue/Illinois/Minnesota
Music City: Purdue/Illinois/Minnesota
7- and 6- win teams
Duke's Mayo: IowaMaryland
Pinstripe: Iowa/Wisconsin/Maryland
Guaranteed Rate: Iowa/Wisconsin/Maryland
Quick Lane: OPEN unless MSU upsets Penn State

If today's UM-tOSU loser keeps it close, and if the winner torches PU/Illinois in the title game, the Big Ten could get two teams in the playoffs.

In that scenario, also assuming Maryland, Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois win today:
10-win team
Rose: Penn State
8-win teams
Citrus: Purdue/Illinois/Minnesota
Tampa Bay: Purdue/Illinois/Minnesota
Music City: Purdue/Illinois/Minnesota
7- and 6- win teams
Duke's Mayo: IowaMaryland
Pinstripe: Iowa/Wisconsin/Maryland
Guaranteed Rate: Iowa/Wisconsin/Maryland
Quick Lane: OPEN unless MSU upsets Penn State
That's roughly what I'm thinking and Maryland goes to the Mayo.

You could be right. Iowa is just not an attractive team. Boring, incompetent offense. Fan base that just isn't going to travel this year.
True. But the fact that it's driveable and with how many country music fans are in Iowa I bet the music city would be a decent turnout. Same with Phoenix with how many Hawks are down there but if it's pinstripe it will be horrid attendance

Well, yes, but the Rose has long said it will take the highest ranked available Big Ten team (e.g. us over OSU in 2015).

Not “passed” according to their rules.
I get it, the rose can do what the rose wants to do fwiw. Like I said, I think I was thinking more in line with the lrevious year when we dropped. That being said if thr rose would have said " we are taking Iowa, the west champion, because we feel we want someone other than Ohio state here" no one would have said they had to take osu.

No doubt, plenty of Hawkeye fans will still buy tickets to some crap bowl. It's BAU until 2029 to take the crumbs and consolation prize from the Ferentz duo. Because this is who we are. We don't have the goals and standards of Wisconsin, and yes, Nebraska. We're content having a mediocre failing coach for 30 fricking years, 1998 - 2029. You can't make this shit up.

Reactions: frostonthegrass
Loser attitude.
Well I mean we are a losing program at the moment. The top guys should sit out so they don’t hurt themselves in a meaningless game.

Bowl games were cool in 2004 but they won’t mean shit next year when we go to a 12 team format.

Will watch but don't really care if win or lose, now if Kirk goes nuts and plays the younger qb's to give some glimpse of the future I would be more interested.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT