ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Chat Anyone?

I will go to Nashville. Skip Charlotte. I had reservations on Clearwater beach hoping for Tampa. Yesterday's loss just zapped any desire to spend money attending a bowl game this year.
I get it. Bowl games are expensive.

Let’s be honest. If we 'had" won yesterday, we'd be going to Indy with quite possibly a backup QB, no Cooper, no LaPorta. Now, we have a few weeks to heal up and try to win a bowl game. So, where do you think the Hawks land now? Nashville??
I could care less, this team losing to Nebraska is like a cheating wife, tainted. Don’t want to look, be or watch them until BF is fired. How they can get up this morning and look into the mirror and realize we just lost to a team that lost to Northwestern.

I could care less, this team losing to Nebraska is like a cheating wife, tainted. Don’t want to look, be or watch them until BF is fired. How they can get up this morning and look into the mirror and realize we just lost to a team that lost to Northwestern.
Consider Iowa is the only big ten west team to lose to Nebraska this year.

Send 'em to the pinstripe. A sh!t bowl for a sh!t product.
Find a matchup against another team with a good D and poor O. Play the game in a blizzard and you've got the makings for the lowest point total in bowl history. A perfect "so bad it's good" end to the season.
Not if we have someone playing corner who looks totally and completely lost again.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
Normal iowa football:

Where rose bowl defenses drag pinstrip bowl offenses to the outback bowl.

2022 iowa football:

Where a rose bowl defense drags a 2 win offense to the Mayo bowl.
Rose Bowl defense and Hawks 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bad take when you say Hawk and Rose Bowl defense .... We see Jock Robo, Eric Balls, every 1991 Huskie, and that Mighty Mouse from Stanford throwing up 40 by halftime.

Hawk D in Rose Bowl is like saying BF has brains

Reactions: ichawks
Personally, I don’t really care. I have wanted to go to the Music City Bowl/Nashville for years…but I won’t be spending another dollar to watch this dumpster fire of a season.
Agree. I haven’t been this apathetic towards Iowa football in decades.

Well I mean we are a losing program at the moment. The top guys should sit out so they don’t hurt themselves in a meaningless game.

Bowl games were cool in 2004 but they won’t mean shit next year when we go to a 12 team format.
Agreed. Just getting to a bowl game is not a success. 7-5 is dog shit. Complete irrelevance.

Reactions: blackbrd12
I will go to Nashville. Skip Charlotte. I had reservations on Clearwater beach hoping for Tampa. Yesterday's loss just zapped any desire to spend money attending a bowl game this year.
I hope you are still going to Clearwater Beach. That’s is an awesome place to spend the holidays. I’d never change my plans because of football if I have reservations for CW. Enjoy!!

Reactions: NI hawk
I hope you are still going to Clearwater Beach. That’s is an awesome place to spend the holidays. I’d never change my plans because of football if I have reservations for CW. Enjoy!!
We are debating. We have got to know the Clearwater beach area pretty good with Iowa playing in the Outback bowl 6 times. Also have went there a couple other times. With no fans allowed at NCAA tournament basketball games in 21 we went to Clearwater beach and just went to different bars and watched games.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Well I mean we are a losing program at the moment. The top guys should sit out so they don’t hurt themselves in a meaningless game.

Bowl games were cool in 2004 but they won’t mean shit next year when we go to a 12 team format.
I don't think this team has as selfish attitude as you.

I would rather see some younger players get time in a bowl. It is time to prepare for next season. This also applies to the coaching staff. It is time to start getting it right. A possible win in some middling bowl does not mean that much.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I would rather see some younger players get time in a bowl. It is time to prepare for next season. This also applies to the coaching staff. It is time to start getting it right. A possible win in some middling bowl does not mean that much.
Isn't goal #1 always to win games? Think about it.

Isn't goal #1 always to win games? Think about it.
it would be... everywhere but iowa. the goal here is to win 7 games. not all games but 7... and make a bowl. and not necessarily win that bowl. see tenn. and kentucky and the rose bowl. if you get lucky and get a big ten champ game every three or four years, gravy on top. don't even have to win that game.

We are debating. We have got to know the Clearwater beach area pretty good with Iowa playing in the Outback bowl 6 times. Also have went there a couple other times. With no fans allowed at NCAA tournament basketball games in 21 we went to Clearwater beach and just went to different bars and watched games.
It’s an awesome place to be on the beach with that powder sand. Love Frenchie’s on the beach.

No there are shitty bowls, let’s not act like there isn’t lol.
Yup. There are sh!tty bowls.
Also, very little of what Barta says is worth paying attention to.

Despite that, it's hard to turn down the extra practices. I have little hope it will do anything for the offense. More confident Phil will use them productively. LeVar has got things to work on with special teams too.

Everybody named Ferentz deserves Detroit.
punishment GIF

I would say Music City because of our fans, even though their reps have to know that our fanbase isn't willing to travel this year.

Otherwise, Duke's Mayo and we get to be ridiculed like Wisconsin was a few years back, or the freezing Pinstripe Bowl again.

Reactions: NI hawk
All the &$% these players have put up with from the 'fans' and media, I look forward to supporting them in a bowl. Will likely go wherever - unless it's NYC, since I was just there for Rutgers.

Since the real value of these 2nd or 3td-tier bowl games is the extra practices to develop the young players, would it be conceivable they put together a couple offensive sets for May, Labas, or whatever walkon QB shows the most life to run to pump some life into the offense?
Naw! What would the upside be?

It’s an awesome place to be on the beach with that powder sand. Love Frenchie’s on the beach.
Frenchys is our favorite place. We usually stay at Shepherd's. Currently have a week reserved. I also like the South Brown boxer and a new place called Gerstles. Their opening week was while we were there in 2021.

Barta would look you in the eye and tell you there are no shitty bowls and he would be right. Grow up.

20 extra practices and player development is essential. ISU will suffer for not making a bowl.
If those extra practices helped the Hawks, I would hate to see what would have happened without them!

If I weren't going to be in Denver from Christmas to New Year's, I would go. Look, I'm frustrated with this year's team as well but it's a LONG time until 9/2/23 before the Hawkeyes take the field again.

And I'm retired and still fairly young so any excuse to travel and I'm up for it.

So next season if we're sucking again...will Kirk say not only did we win 10 games 2 yrs ago but we ALMOST beat Nebraska last year Incase you didn't know.

Reactions: amahawk
Just about the worst case scenario is playing out for us in the bowl pecking order.

Ohio state just locked up the rose and PSU will get the at large ny6.

Purdue, Illinois, and MN are all 8-4 now and Maryland has a hot offense.

Not.****ing.great.boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT