ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Game foe ... 3 defensive 1st Rounders

ghostOfHomer777

HR Heisman
May 20, 2014
A tip of the cap to Mississippi State for having 3 defenders chosen so far in the first round. When we saw them play the Hawks ... their D was most certainly completely legit. The only other team thus far with 3 defensive players picked in the first round was Clemson ... the team that won the National Championship.

To that end ... congrats again to the Hawks for pulling off that victory. In a revisionist sense, the victory is just that much more of an impressive feat. All the more so given that one of our first-round picks didn't even participate in the game.

A tip of the cap to Mississippi State for having 3 defenders chosen so far in the first round. When we saw them play the Hawks ... their D was most certainly completely legit. The only other team thus far with 3 defensive players picked in the first round was Clemson ... the team that won the National Championship.

To that end ... congrats again to the Hawks for pulling off that victory. In a revisionist sense, the victory is just that much more of an impressive feat. All the more so given that one of our first-round picks didn't even participate in the game.
Yup, but their offense was atrocious even compared to iowas.

Not sure their DB played the whole game. Wasn't he booted for targeting or am I thinking of someone else?

Im glad we won... their Defensive lineman Simmons was a beast. Did their other Linebacker/Lineman Sweat(?) play against us or did he sit out?

True. ^^ Looking back, it now makes much more sense to me why the Hawks had such trouble moving the ball on offense that game. 3 defenders chosen in the 1st round is pretty legit!

Boy it doesn't take much to trigger some of you. You should start a private forum where no one can say anything objective or logical about iowa sports and it will just be sunshine and rainbows.

No, but to credit one defensive team and not the other is the point. Iowa’s D was a top 20 team last year so their play had something to do with MSU not playing well or looking good with the ball.

No, but to credit one defensive team and not the other is the point. Iowa’s D was a top 20 team last year so their play had something to do with MSU not playing well or looking good with the ball.
They absolutely did. Iowa's d was stout last year. I didn't mean to come off as Iowa's d wasnt good, they were much better than good. I liked hooker since high school and think he will be sorely missed.

Reactions: Eternal Return

I could not agree more. These are points that should be obvious to all of us, but they bear pointing out just the same.

Didn’t even know the story about the one guy beating the crap out of some girl in H.S. Titans must be pretty desperate to use a first round pick on a guy with such questionable character and who may miss his entire first season due to injury.

I absolutely loved how first thing ESPN did instead of talking about his football skills, highlights or even his injury is they talked about for a couple of minutes how this guy hit a women who was on the ground after getting into a fight with his sister when he was a 18 year old HS senior. They even showed some cell phone video of it. Guy is a giant POS. Glad I'm not a Titans fan tough to be excited about a guy who may not only play his rookie year but beats women. Amazing how Dan Mullen now Florida coach didn't pull his scholarship but then again it's the SEC.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Just you. You sure picked a great time to come talk some smack troll.

Again. Jealousy isn’t a good look. Iowa is far superior to your team.
If what I've posted you consider talking smack then i really wonder how you deal with actual confrontation in real life. Triggered again over nothing, you are.

Boy it doesn't take much to trigger some of you. You should start a private forum where no one can say anything objective or logical about iowa sports and it will just be sunshine and rainbows.
Just seems odd you've had an account since last year, and waited until this Wednesday to make your first post and now you're up to a whopping 88 of them. It's almost like your other burner account just got banned and you had to switch over.....

We're all just curious what recycled poster we're now talking to.

I absolutely loved how first thing ESPN did instead of talking about his football skills, highlights or even his injury is they talked about for a couple of minutes how this guy hit a women who was on the ground after getting into a fight with his sister when he was a 18 year old HS senior. They even showed some cell phone video of it. Guy is a giant POS. Glad I'm not a Titans fan tough to be excited about a guy who may not only play his rookie year but beats women. Amazing how Dan Mullen now Florida coach didn't pull his scholarship but then again it's the SEC.
I have very little tolerance for Domestic Violence, but the more you look into this specific situation, the more its hard to understand what to feel.
The "VICTIM" in this situation was in a full blown fight with Simmon's sister. Come to the rescue of your family is ok... Continuing to striker her as she was on the ground definitely not ok. Then you look at the charges and the victim got every bit as bad of police charges as Simmons. Also, this was as a minor and has had zero reported incidents since then. At the same time, its the SEC so there could have been issues but swept under the rug. (not sure about MSU but as a conference, it does happen, ie some schools not even suspending for first marijuana failure.)
Was he one of the children's hospital players who acted like tools?
When you first look at this situation, it's terrible, but as you look into the details, its hard to tell if it's just not good or still very bad.

Just seems odd you've had an account since last year, and waited until this Wednesday to make your first post and now you're up to a whopping 88 of them. It's almost like your other burner account just got banned and you had to switch over.....

We're all just curious what recycled poster we're now talking to.
My first post wasnt this Wednesday. Maybe you should do a little more creeping and get your facts straight, weirdo.

As I read your post I can’t help but think about BF’s comments this week. His statements around how the offense needs to protect the defense and how that played out in the Bowl game. Had Mississippi State had the same mentality they would have probably won the game.

Sometimes that works against us and we lose games we shouldn’t but in the end we win more than we lose with our philosophy and developmental culture.

The Titans controlling owner is female so if she is cool with it. Most people deserve a shot at redemption, especially a kid which at 18 you still are. What has he done and said since?

As I watched the first round with my better half and we saw the video clip of the 300-lb guy hitting the shit out of a WOMAN on the ground ... I said some coaches, programs, and organizations will absolutely look the other way ... IF a kid can help them win a game. I did enjoy that 11 NFL teams didn't even place this kid on their board. I don't give a sh&t if he kept his nose clean afterward ... the guy beat the crap out of a female ... No excuse ... None ... And yet he'll get a multi-million contract ... all because he can stop the run. I love sports ... but sometimes I shake my head at what some are willing to allow all in the name of winning.

As I watched the first round with my better half and we saw the video clip of the 300-lb guy hitting the shit out of a WOMAN on the ground ... I said some coaches, programs, and organizations will absolutely look the other way ... IF a kid can help them win a game. I did enjoy that 11 NFL teams didn't even place this kid on their board. I don't give a sh&t if he kept his nose clean afterward ... the guy beat the crap out of a female ... No excuse ... None ... And yet he'll get a multi-million contract ... all because he can stop the run. I love sports ... but sometimes I shake my head at what some are willing to allow all in the name of winning.

A guy who does something like this needs to pay a price, he's a POS. We have a legal system set up to do just that.

That said, do you then deny someone the chance to make a living for the rest of their life?

I'd expect there will be some pretty tight conduct clauses in his contract. If his agent has any class, he'll get the guy involved in domestic abuse awareness, shelters or something where he can demonstrate some redemption. To whom much is given, from him much is expected.

My first post wasnt this Wednesday. Maybe you should do a little more creeping and get your facts straight, weirdo.

LOL… Dude you’re on a sports message board calling someone a weirdo...

Hmmmm....perspective much. Here’s the deal, you have to be pretty young because I’ve got kids...six of them in fact, that like to wander about and say little snippy things and then act like they’re the innocent victim.

I’m not going to get into a mind numbing dialogue with you about what you’re doing and saying because, as I said I have six kids, and I don’t enjoy the experience with them. But there are plenty of sharp cats on here that have sniffed you out, some of us aren’t above the tactic ourselves, so we’re certainly not stupid...

I would get a little bit better material though…

Being on a football message board is a little creepy in and of itself to be honest with you. Especially when you’re only here to agitate people.

LOL… Dude you’re on a sports message board calling someone a weirdo...

Hmmmm....perspective much. Here’s the deal, you have to be pretty young because I’ve got kids...six of them in fact, that like to wander about and say little snippy things and then act like they’re the innocent victim.

I’m not going to get into a mind numbing dialogue with you about what you’re doing and saying because, as I said I have six kids, and I don’t enjoy the experience with them. But there are plenty of sharp cats on here that have sniffed you out, some of us aren’t above the tactic ourselves, so we’re certainly not stupid...

I would get a little bit better material though…

Being on a football message board is a little creepy in and of itself to be honest with you. Especially when you’re only here to agitate people.

a0xJKJR.png

Lets see here... 90 total posts.

Checks posting history... page 1-5. Goes to page 5 which shows posts 81-90. Looks at post #90, posted Wednesday.

Topic: Iowa Adds Nevada to 2022 Schedule.

Like I said, I'm sure this isn't your first post here, but it is with this username. We're trying to figure out who you were before.

Reactions: cmhawks99
A guy who does something like this needs to pay a price, he's a POS. We have a legal system set up to do just that.

That said, do you then deny someone the chance to make a living for the rest of their life?

I'd expect there will be some pretty tight conduct clauses in his contract. If his agent has any class, he'll get the guy involved in domestic abuse awareness, shelters or something where he can demonstrate some redemption. To whom much is given, from him much is expected.

Some people love condemning other people. It makes them feel like a better person.

There clearly was a lot more to the situation than what was shown. He made a really big, emotional mistake. He has done everything that was asked of him since making the mistake. I hope he will continue to make the best of his second chance.

Some people love condemning other people. It makes them feel like a better person.

There clearly was a lot more to the situation than what was shown. He made a really big, emotional mistake. He has done everything that was asked of him since making the mistake. I hope he will continue to make the best of his second chance.

I don't think some do it to make themselves feel better. But like some people, myself included, I had no clue till after the bowl game about what he did and being that Iowa fans are familiar with him after wrecking havoc on our offense in the bowl game makes sense to discuss this. Reason why espn spoke about it last night and showed the video. I'm not claiming to be perfect by any means but I have and never will have any problem stating my opinion on people who hit women and children.

Which by the way is a delicate situation for the NFL. Made even worse with the news of the audio conversation earlier in the day with Tyreke Hill's fiance secretly recording him talking about hitting his son.

Reactions: ThrowBones92

Lets see here... 90 total posts.

Checks posting history... page 1-5. Goes to page 5 which shows posts 81-90. Looks at post #90, posted Wednesday.

Topic: Iowa Adds Nevada to 2022 Schedule.

Like I said, I'm sure this isn't your first post here, but it is with this username. We're trying to figure out who you were before.

EveryoneOnWrestlingForum right now:

ZigzagRecklessConure-size_restricted.gif

True. ^^ Looking back, it now makes much more sense to me why the Hawks had such trouble moving the ball on offense that game. 3 defenders chosen in the 1st round is pretty legit!

Iowa had two 1st rounders on offense playing for regular season and one of them spent 30% or so of the time on the bench. Then another future 1st rounder (AJ) also spent around 30% of the time resting.
That bowl game win was legit and offense did pretty well coming up with points in Bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT