ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl game you want to see

TKingpin

HR MVP
Sep 6, 2006
Although it isn’t quite as entertaining as The first full weekend of the NCAA Basketball tournament, I really like watching as many Bowl games as possible.

Other than the Outback Bowl and the 2 playoff games, is there one Bowl game that you really want to watch?

I will start: I normally hope the SEC team loses all their games, but I would really like to see LSU pound UCF into the dirt. Great defenses usually defeat great offenses. I would like UCF to realize what playing Power 5 football is all about.

Any other gems out there?

Although it isn’t quite as entertaining as The first full weekend of the NCAA Basketball tournament, I really like watching as many Bowl games as possible.

Other than the Outback Bowl and the 2 playoff games, is there one Bowl game that you really want to watch?

I will start: I normally hope the SEC team loses all their games, but I would really like to see LSU pound UCF into the dirt. Great defenses usually defeat great offenses. I would like UCF to realize what playing Power 5 football is all about.

Any other gems out there?
Nah, you got it all wrong.

I always root for UCF in these situations because of how salty these P5 fanbases get about them winning, especially Bama fans. See the Rivals board. Any break in the SEC superior establishment is worth rooting for.

Also, your sentiments above are very similar in ways as those shared by fans who don't seem to like Iowa, but have no ties to playing Iowa. Take Texas, Bama, or even West Virginia fans. They often root for whoever is playing Iowa.

Why? Because they don't think they're as good as our fans want them to be, which is basically what UCF is. Their fans believe them to be capable of deserving a shot at the big dogs. You think they should lose by getting a taste of "real P5 power".......

Umm... you can’t tell me what I would personally like to see anymore than I could tell you who to root for.

There is no right or wrong answer, here, just what matchups people would like to see and possibly why.

Let’s refrain from telling other people “you’ve got it wrong” shall we?

You could have been infinitely less confrontational by starting out with:

I would actually LIKE to see UCF win and here is why...”

Unless you are just, you know... an asshole.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Umm... you can’t tell me what I would personally like to see anymore than I could tell you who to root for.

There is no right or wrong answer, here, just what matchups people would like to see and possibly why.

Let’s refrain from telling other people “you’ve got it wrong” shall we?

You could have been infinitely less confrontational by starting out with:

I would actually LIKE to see UCF win and here is why...”

Unless you are just, you know... an asshole.

Why can't we tell people, "you're wrong"?

That's how society has become the way it is. Overly sensitive. Everyone thinks we're saying "you can't have an opinion", when we're really just saying, "your opinion is wrong". There is nothing wrong with that..........BUT EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS ANYWAY............

You people should stop doing that. You'd be better for it.

But what were we talking about....assholes? Wait, no that's not it.

You not accepting that not rooting for SEC teams is the right thing to do, because you don't like what UCF is doing.....that's what we were talking about.

I see you didn't take to heart what I said about how this correlates to Iowa fans and why outside fanbases don't like us, and that this bullsh** mentality of "well f*** them and let them hate us" is also the wrong way to approach it...............unless you're stubborn.....and also probably an asshole (because the vast majority of vehemently stubborn people are).

Long story short.......root for UCF and root for them to eventually beat Bama, because f*** Bama. That's why.

But I'm not gonna just be friendly and say I would like to see UCF win and you do you..... I'd rather try to sway opinions (especially regarding Bama and the SEC), or get people who are stubbornly entrenched in their opinions to get upset at me for poking them about that. That's their fault btw......;)

P.S. I want Iowa State to win the Alamo Bowl. A sentiment probably not shared by a lot on this board. I won't tell them to root for Iowa State, though, if it makes you feel better.

I have a vaguely higher degree of respect for Iowa State than teams in the SEC and their representatives that pander to the Bama college-football-ruining machine.

My suggestion to conclude................

Deal with it. :)

Wake vs Memphis- I was going to say that the first team to 60 wins.

But, the first team to score 60 may still not win...

It should be an offensive show.

I watch the games with the B1G in them if I can. I have no interest in watching the play off games.

Alabama vs Oklahoma. I think Tua losing the Heisman will give Bama a lot of motivation. That one could get ugly.

Could care less about the CFP.
Not many of the NY6 match-ups have me excited, except Rose (Ohio St vs Washington) and Fiesta (LSU vs UCF).

Agree with EvilMonkeyInTheCloset.
December 28th is a nice day with Music City Bowl, Camping World Bowl and Alamo Bowl, back-to-back-to-back.

We get the Baby Rose Bowl (Northwestern vs Utah - Holiday Bowl) with Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt broadcasting.
Dec 22nd Armed Forces Bowl - Army vs Houston - could be sneaky good.

A few "off the beaten path" I'm looking forward to:

Middle Tennessee - Appalachian St
Preview of unique non-con opponent for us next year

Northern Illinois - UAB
My favorite G5 team vs. my favorite G5 coach

Duke - Temple
5th Avenue vs. Ghetto

Wisconsin - Miami
I hope it's below zero for the Cane thugs

Not gonna lie it’s the Alamo Bowl.

I went when Iowa played Texas Tech Kf 2-3rd season. The river walk is one of the best places to visit and everything is right there. Airport is easy to fly in/out of.

I was bummed when the Big cut their ties to the Alamo.

Man, 5 posts in and we’re going to Fight Bar.....

I’ll be watching Udub vs OSU, ISU vs Wazzu and Nebraska vs......shit....nevermind.

Reactions: TKingpin
ADVERTISEMENT