ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Order,,,,You going?

katman15

HR All-American
Dec 3, 2014
What’s your bowl order top- bottom and will you go to the Hawk BOWL game.
Heres my order
1. Winner of Michigan // OSU
2. Loser
3. Penn State
4. Purdue
5. Illinois
6. Iowa
7. Minnesota
8 Maryland
9. Wisconsin
I put Iowa 6th because I think bowl committees are looking for offense….4,5,6, could flip.
I myself am driving to Florida on Jan4th stopping at a coaching clinic in Nashville ,so I probably won’t go simply because of logistics.

Heres my order
2. Loser
3. Penn State
4. Purdue
5. Illinois
6. Iowa
7. Minnesota
8 Maryland
9. Wisconsin
I put Iowa 6th because I think bowl committees are looking for offense….4,5,6, could flip.
I myself am driving to Florida on Jan4th stopping at a coaching clinic in Nashville ,so I probably won’t go simply because of logistics.

Sounds like you should be hoping for music city bowl. That would likely be the only one I would be going to this year,

Reactions: cubhawks
I would go to Tampa, Citrus, Rose, and Music city.
Room on Clearwater beach reserved.

I mean….given the situation my dream would be a Rose Bowl appearance and BIG title….however if a California dream didn’t happen I would be rooting for Music City. Have always wanted to do Nashville and watch the Hawks. That’s about the only bowl I would travel for this year

Reactions: Suterman
IF Iowa does win the B1G title game, is the Rose 🌹 Bowl willing to take a 9-4 Hawkeye team?
Iowa has fun “so bad it’s good” story going on this year. It’s kind of fun. I think Iowa always brings a lot of eyeballs, but this year especially they have an interesting national story. Not necessarily flattering, but interesting.

Hmmm. Would an Iowa-FSU Bowl matchup be remotely possible?
are you referrig to the one in Charlotte? think that is an ACC opponent,but not sure.

it looks to me more & more like the Tampa bowl. if so, I would guess Mississippi or South Carolina would be likel opponent, but I am just going on records of SEC teams & the likelihood they do not want a "recent rematch."

thoughts, anyone?

Heres my order
2. Loser
3. Penn State
4. Purdue
5. Illinois
6. Iowa
7. Minnesota
8 Maryland
9. Wisconsin
Bowls value $. Iowa travels, so bowls like Iowa.

Reactions: HawkOn15
Bowls value $. Iowa travels, so bowls like Iowa.
That’s kind of what I’m curious about,,,,will Iowa travel?
I love my Hawks but these games can be hard to watch. We are getting better but from the comments on this board you would think a lot of people are done with the Hawks till changes are made,,,,just curious on how many people are going?

Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
I love my Hawks but these games can be hard to watch. We are getting better but from the comments on this board you would think a lot of people are done with the Hawks till changes are made,,,,just curious on how many people are going?
How many times has Iowa been to Tampa? No thanks. Music City Bowl would be better.

I would go to Tampa because I have family down there and it's a fun time. Music City would be my 1st choice if we can't somehow sneak in to the Rose Bowl.
I would say no chance in hell of Rose Bowl, but would be lectured by Kinnick.At.Knight, who is clairvoyant.

I have wondered the same thing.

Music City would be my first choice but I would love Tampa as well. I don't understand the people that say they are tired of Tampa. Tampa in January? I would take that every year.
Tampa Bay isn’t fool proof for weather. I remember sitting in a cold rain there, pretty sure it was LSU.

Booked trip to Clearwater for New years last month so any FL bowl or Music City too. If something really crazy happens and they end up in Rose, we will likely cancel FL and eat that cost. Missed last Rose bowl, not missing it if happens again.

I will go no matter where we play. Only variables are if the girls come with us and how long we stay.

I’ll definitely go if they wind up at the Duke Mayo Bowl here in Charlotte. Beyond that, it’ll be tough because I just took a new job and we’re also going to SF the week before Christmas.

If it's Tampa im there. I'll need some warmth by then to get through the rest of an Iowa winter. I have friends there as well. Nashville won't be warm enough, but it's a great city.

Until Denver hosts a bowl game or Iowa is in the National Championship, I’m not going to another bowl game.

I told my daughter 5 weeks ago that we will go to any bowl game that is not in Detroit or New York. I am liking our chances of going much better now.

I'm actually thinking of doing the Outback bowl if it happens. Not so much to watch the most boring Iowa team I've ever seen play as to just take the family to the event itself. I've been going to Tampa to visit the snowbird parents every winter for a decade now. I've been to the Outback before, but that was before the old lady and the step kids came along. It's different visiting the area during the holidays than in February. Last Outback Bowl Iowa was in the kids weren't old enough yet.

If they announce coachi g changes that includes BF no longer OC, I'll consider going.

ADVERTISEMENT