ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Projections

ESPN: Outback vs Arkansas or Music City vs Tennessee

CBS: Music City vs Ole Miss

24/7: Duke's Mayo vs Wake Forest

Sporting News: Music City vs Kentucky

Based on projections I am seeing. If Iowa wins out and beats Indiana on the 19th they could play into a NY6 Bowl.
Winning out and beat Indiana could put us in the Cotten.

Either Music City or Outback not a bad destination for the Hawks to play vs any of the bad SEC teams projected to play in those games - Ark, Tenn, or Kentucky.

7-2 with a win over Indiana would make us a borderline NY6 team. If we're 7-2 with a win over a deflated Ohio State, we'd be a lock.

Still gotta beat Wisconsin (we only have one win vs the Badgers in the past decade...) and then Indiana/Ohio State first.

The Outback Bowl has become the Iowa Invitational. Hard pass.

Considering the Big10 wasn't even going to allow the team to play Football,
I'd love it if the Hawkeyes earned a trip to the Outback Bowl, playing in the
first Football game of 2021, as they have previously, like when they waxed another
SEC school, a couple years back. :cool:

Considering the Big10 wasn't even going to allow the team to play Football,
I'd love it if the Hawkeyes earned a trip to the Outback Bowl, playing in the
first Football game of 2021, as they have previously, like when they waxed another
SEC school, a couple years back. :cool:

It's Jan 2nd this year (next year) for some reason.

Reactions: IowaNiceHawk
I live here. Desantis is an extremely short pudgy douche nozzle without a brain. Having said that there is no need to put a cap on attendance. You could easily spread the crowd out over the entire stadium. It never comes close to selling out.

50K in a stadium wouldn't necessarily be easy to spread out.

Reactions: haightt

Based on projections I am seeing. If Iowa wins out and beats Indiana on the 19th they could play into a NY6 Bowl.

What are bowl games without fans? I think they should have the playoffs and scrap the bowl games.

What are bowl games without fans? I think they should have the playoffs and scrap the bowl games.
The bowl games make most of their money from ad revenue from television viewership, rather then ticket sales. As far as I'm tracking the bowls that are still on will still have fans at a limited capacity.

It is interesting to ponder where Iowa could be ranked if they win out which would include back to back top 25 wins with Wisconsin and Indiana/OSU. That has a good chance at being NY6 or Citrus. 6-3 is more likely which smells like Outback, maybe Citrus, but OSU, IN, NW, and WI are currently above Iowa.

The bowl games make most of their money from ad revenue from television viewership, rather then ticket sales. As far as I'm tracking the bowls that are still on will still have fans at a limited capacity.

It is interesting to ponder where Iowa could be ranked if they win out which would include back to back top 25 wins with Wisconsin and Indiana/OSU. That has a good chance at being NY6 or Citrus. 6-3 is more likely which smells like Outback, maybe Citrus, but OSU, IN, NW, and WI are currently above Iowa.

OK, the "WI above Iowa" got me wondering, but are there any "qualifications" for bowls this year? Such as .500 record or 'have to play so many games' or anything of the such?

But I thought BIG said they were not playing out of conference schools? Bowl games are an exception I guess, fans will be limited to 2 per player so it will not be a win for any city that hosts. Poor suckers that get stuck in the pinstripe bowl will blow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT