ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Projections

ESPN: Outback vs Arkansas or Music City vs Tennessee

CBS: Music City vs Ole Miss

24/7: Duke's Mayo vs Wake Forest

Sporting News: Music City vs Kentucky

Based on projections I am seeing. If Iowa wins out and beats Indiana on the 19th they could play into a NY6 Bowl.

C'mon we want 'Bama.

They still have to go to the pisser, funnel through entrances, and maybe concessions.

Wear Depends and if you shit them you are tossed. Give fans time allotments to get the F in and out and if they don't they get tossed. And bring your own damn food and water only. Problems solved.

These games will have little to no attendance. The covid will be on fire by then with two holidays where everyone gathers together. A couple months from when most can have access to vaccine it just ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: SoFla-Hawkeye
Heck no I don’t want to see the Hawks play in the music city bowl. We want that when we can put 35,000 fans in the stadium and run wild in downtown Nashville for four nights

Hell yeah. Downtown Natty funner than Vegas and the stadium is right there.

If they don't allow fans at the bowl games might as well cancel. Not sure how a bowl game could even be profitable without some fans spending money. That is probably where we are headed in some cases though.
We have been going to the Boca Bowl for the past 7ish years. Haven’t paid a dime for a single ticket. Some years have had 50+ tickets free of charge. Ticket sales are not an income generator for bowl games. TV revenue. Local publicity broadcast nationally. Local hotels/restaurants are the ones who will suffer the most.

We have been going to the Boca Bowl for the past 7ish years. Haven’t paid a dime for a single ticket. Some years have had 50+ tickets free of charge. Ticket sales are not an income generator for bowl games. TV revenue. Local publicity broadcast nationally. Local hotels/restaurants are the ones who will suffer the most.

Yep its TV revenue for sure. Fans need to be in seats to spend tourism money for sure and local business need it the most right now. I don't think TV revenue alone cuts it though for the bowl to make a profit but could be wrong. I've never seen a breakdown of a bowl games revenue and what puts them over the top. We've named the most important ones I think.

Pinstripe has been cancelled.
Good to know. Still don't see why they are having bowl games if you are not playing schools from outside your conference... yet play teams from outside your state and not play teams from within your state (but in a different conference). What a crazy year...

Florida death rate is much better than NY. Florida has done it right and actually followed science. Oh and he didn’t send Covid patients to nursing homes.
You can't be serious.. Desantis followed science? You have different definition of science apparently.

Reactions: haightt and Niko13
You can't be serious.. Desantis followed science? You have different definition of science apparently.
Protect the vulnerable and leave outdoor events open. Now we get bowl games with fans in Florida while Florida has a lower death rate then states with similar populations. Facts are hard.

There aren't going to be bowl games with fans.
I already know people that have tickets to the big 12 championship and people that have tickets to the Iowa Gonzaga game. why won’t there be fans at the outback bowl? Edit: serious question. Is the big 10 demanding no fans?

If Iowa is the 4th best Big Ten team after the playoff (OSU playoff, then NW/Indiana/Wisconsin in some combination of NY6/Citrus/Outback), then I think Iowa would be in line for the Duke's Mayo Bowl. I would hope Barta and Iowa would pass on that for the 'lower' Music City Bowl in Nashville. Even in a pandemic where the Iowa fan turnout would be minimal it would still be preferable to playing in a Charlotte bowl game sponsored by MAYO. If it was still called the Belk Bowl, I would be all for it. Cue the jokes from college football fans and media talking heads about Iowa being really white and going to a MAYO bowl, all coming after an ugly summer of racial bias allegations. Hard pass.

If they don't allow fans at the bowl games might as well cancel. Not sure how a bowl game could even be profitable without some fans spending money. That is probably where we are headed in some cases though.
Again don't watch if you don't want.

How much does it cost to have a bowl game vs a reg game?

Good to know. Still don't see why they are having bowl games if you are not playing schools from outside your conference... yet play teams from outside your state and not play teams from within your state (but in a different conference). What a crazy year...
Only one reason, $$$$$ and sponsors want to advertise their products and brands.

Reactions: obfuscating
Only one reason, $$$$$ and sponsors want to advertise their products and brands.
If some of these bowls allow 20-25% capacity I feel like it wouldnt change much for ticket sales anyway. How many bowls, besides NY6, actually sell out? In the past I feel like the first 15 bowl games have like 15k people there. As you alluded to they must make money with tv and sponsors.

Not sure why all the hate for Charlotte and the Mayo Bowl. The name doesn’t matter. Charlotte is a very nice city and the stadium is top notch. Saw West Virginia play there a few years ago. Good time.

Reactions: haightt
I'll take Kentucky in Nashville. Sounds like a new challenge for us. Get a 4th straight bowl win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT