ADVERTISEMENT

Boy the Big Ten Sure Took a Beating

I see you got the Hawk talking points. So you’re not impressed ISU beat the regular season Big Ten champ? With a 90% Badger crowd? As the 6th best Big 12 team?

So losing their guard, who averaged 8 pts a game, and still played half the game, and ISU was winning when he went out, was the reason they lost? Delusional.

But you’ll be more impressed if we beat a 10 seed? Over your conference champ? These threads are hilarious. Unintentionally ripping your own conference, and showing you know nothing about hoops. Iowa fans in a nutshell.
Psst, most Iowa fans don't give 2 shi** about their conference. I and most others were silently cheering for you guys over Davison. You hadn't won an NCAA tournament game in almost five years, and where do you celebrate, Iowa's message board. ISU fans in a nutshell. ISU won their game, and you ran to the Iowa board at 8:43 last night. Stop being little brother.

I thought Wisconsin was a horrible matchup for ISU.

playing a disciplined organized team in their own backyard. I figured they would get crushed.
Average offensive team without a point guard and slumping. I’m by
I thought Wisconsin was a horrible matchup for ISU.

playing a disciplined organized team in their own backyard. I figured they would get crushed
Wisconsin was the worst 3 seed and playing poorly.

Reactions: unclesammy
Big has 12.5% of the teams in the sweet 16. When you consider all the teams in the country trying to make the dance and then the 68 that do it's really not that terrible.
Seems like over the last 20 years or so there is much more parity between all the teams too.

Over and back before any foul. And…refs shouldn’t be calling fouls on traps where the offensive player has backed up the dribble twice and pushed off with the forearm with 3 seconds left in the game while standing on the midcourt line all while they have been letting TCU play super physical all game.

If they call that a foul they have basically decided the game. There were plenty of no calls for TCU throughout the game, I would argue they got the lions share.

I am pretty sure everyone here agrees that it’s better to let the players decide it in OT, and that was decisive.
If that was hockey that was close to a boarding call, guy had some serious momentum when he ran into him

Over and back before any foul. And…refs shouldn’t be calling fouls on traps where the offensive player has backed up the dribble twice and pushed off with the forearm with 3 seconds left in the game while standing on the midcourt line all while they have been letting TCU play super physical all game.

If they call that a foul they have basically decided the game. There were plenty of no calls for TCU throughout the game, I would argue they got the lions share.

I am pretty sure everyone here agrees that it’s better to let the players decide it in OT, and that was decisive.
The players did decide. Arizona fouled at half court. Period

Not surprised. Nobody in the B1G plays good defense comparatively to the other conferences (SEC/ACC/Big 12). However defense nowadays is considered hand checking, grabbing, crowding the circle. Essentially it's wrestling. So we aren't adapting, even if it is trash basketball, we need to do what it takes to win come tourney time and we aren't the only ones not doing that.
What cracks me up is that so many people here want to pretend the BIG gets penalized for being too physical when its really the opposite.

The big ten hasn't been physical enough the last two years.

Illinois has been roughed up by mid majors twice now. Wisconsin, Iowa, Osu, all got out muscled.

Purdue beat Texas up on the block and won their game.

Not surprised by this. Thought the BIG10 had a lot of good teams but not a lot of great teams.

The most disappointing were Iowa and Wisconsin imo. Both shot terribly and lost because of it.
That Wisky /ISU game was a rock fight. I’m not sure I’ve seen such a pathetic display of basketball. Games like that are why I enjoy watching the NBA.

Conference Teams in the Sweet 16:

Atlantic Coast: 3, Duke, N. Carolina, Miami
Big Twelve : 3, Kansas, Texas Tech, Iowa St.
Pac Twelve: 2, UCLA, Arizona
Big Ten: 2, Purdue, Michigan
Big East: 2, Villanova, Providence
AAC: 1, Houston
West Coast l, Gonzaga
Metro Atlantic: 1, St. Peter's
SEC: 1, Arkansas

Gonzaga, Kansas, and Arizona are #1 Seeds
Duke and Villanova are #2 Seeds

Good comparison. B1G gets dinged because lots of team in NCAA and still struggles to get teams to Sweet16 and beyond. I think last year it was 7 teams and 1 sweet16? This year 9 teams and 2 sweet 16.

Assuming Purdue makes the Final-4 it will a decent year for B1G. However, winning it All is what most people focus on and a dry spell since 2000 sticks out.

The players did decide. Arizona fouled at half court. Period
After over and back… TCU fouled throughout the game with no calls… don’t whine and cry about no calls in a physical game that had many no calls. Just admit you favor the underdog. You have zero clout in your opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: Ycusi
If that was hockey that was close to a boarding call, guy had some serious momentum when he ran into him
Do hockey players skate backwards? TCU backed up the dribble at least twice.. there is precedent on these matters over many years. You don’t give the player backing up on the dribble the benefit on a flop in a trap. Does anyone here even know basketball?

After over and back… TCU fouled throughout the game with no calls… don’t whine and cry about no calls in a physical game that had many no calls. Just admit you favor the underdog. You have zero clout in your opinion.
Thats called a foul 99 out of 100 times. It was an obvious missed call. Your team got wildly lucky

Do hockey players skate backwards? TCU backed up the dribble at least twice.. there is precedent on these matters over many years. You don’t give the player backing up on the dribble the benefit on a flop in a trap. Does anyone here even know basketball?
Yes they skate backwards all the time, and you still cannot slam into them like that. And in hockey checking is legal

I would ask ask you the same question about basketball. It was missed call Arizona got the benefit of of it, end of story.

There was a ref who was on Packards radio show, and ref defended lots of calls, but he said that one due to the bodying up as hard as it was definitely a foul. You cannot shove guys out of bounds nor can you shove guys back into the back court.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCainer
Losing Chucky was huge for Wisconsin. Having our #2 point out due to illness. And Davis has not been healthy for like 6 games. ISU was like a rock fight. Very frustrating. They were not A bad team. Just didnt have the horses ISU was better.

Conference Teams in the Sweet 16:

Atlantic Coast: 3, Duke, N. Carolina, Miami
Big Twelve : 3, Kansas, Texas Tech, Iowa St.
Pac Twelve: 2, UCLA, Arizona
Big Ten: 2, Purdue, Michigan
Big East: 2, Villanova, Providence
AAC: 1, Houston
West Coast l, Gonzaga
Metro Atlantic: 1, St. Peter's
SEC: 1, Arkansas

Gonzaga, Kansas, and Arizona are #1 Seeds
Duke and Villanova are #2 Seeds
Big 12 has 3 in the sweet 16, and actually considers that to be a "poor" showing. Baylor got embarrassed for being the defending national champ, they got lazy. TCU should easily still be alive if the refs had called the final 15 seconds correctly. Texas showed they are still Texas (lazy). A little disappointing for the Big 12 conference.

And then there was one ... Michigan goes down to Nova and Purdue is the only Big 10 Team left.

So, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan St., Iowa, and Ohio St. all lost. The only remaining teams are Purdue and Michigan. May I go so far as saying the Big Ten sucks. At least the conference did this year.
Now you sound like Rocky Mountain Hawk back in November!

Big 12 has 3 in the sweet 16, and actually considers that to be a "poor" showing. Baylor got embarrassed for being the defending national champ, they got lazy. TCU should easily still be alive if the refs had called the final 15 seconds correctly. Texas showed they are still Texas (lazy). A little disappointing for the Big 12 conference.
You think this is disappointing for the Big12 (which I agree, poor showing by you guys), I don’t even want to hear your thoughts on your fball conference the last 80 years!!

ADVERTISEMENT