ADVERTISEMENT

Boyz…It’s Raining like a Sumbitch!

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Here in Urbandaley….started about midnight… lots of hard rain showers, a little hail and some wind….and looking at the TV, lots of reds and yellows tracking our way the next several hours too!
It’s been nice knowing you….this might well be “Rain-a-geddon” coming our way!

Reactions: Scott559
Morning commute?

200.gif

Raining here up in Pequot Minnesota also.
Large front. Flood warnings until tomorrow morning here.
Puts a damper on fishing to say the least.

Glad I live at the top of a hill, unfortunately all the mulch from my garden is now in my driveway.

I’m in Des Moines this week. Just got an alert about 75 mph winds heading to Waukee.

OMG Weather!!

It amazes me that they sound the sirens now for straight line winds and now hail. Didn’t know that with the hail.

They need to quit sounding the sirens unless it is a tornado warning, otherwise people will just brush it off as another scare since they sound them for everything now as they just said the sirens go off if winds are over 70 mph but the channel 13 metrologist just said winds are only 50 mph at this time.

This round's going just to the north of Iowa City. Just sprinkles here. More to come later today though.

It has been a crazy day…storms overnight and early am with heavy rains, calms down, clears up and gets warm leading to the afternoon explosion of storms and warnings. After storms roll through, things calm down, sun comes out then clouds back up and rain showers roll in with 20 to 30 mph winds and now cold…..

hangover-edhelms.gif

Reactions: MitchLL
75? Easy peasy. NOLA recorded 85+mph winds at the airport from a storm last week. And we all lived to tell the story
It blew 55 to 60 mph today per Channel 13 during the morning storms. Then the meteorologist proceeds to say the sirens only come on for winds over 70 mph as well as hail, which we didn’t have either. They need to quit blowing the sirens due to people not believing them when very high winds or a tornado really do it, no one will believe it since they activate the sirens all the freaking time not for severe weather.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT