ADVERTISEMENT

Boyz....”One Hit Wonders” on Sirius 60’s now...

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Talk about a trip down memory lane...
“One Hit wonders” that made the Top 10...Connie Stevens, Marci Blaine...the T-bones...Zager and Evans perhaps? (16 Reasons..., I Wanna Be Bobby’s Girl, No Matter What Shape Your Stomach’s In....)
Good stuff!
They are doing the “Top 50”"..

Nice, I had to text Sirius yesterday cause my teaser rate was up and they got the rate back down to $8 a month it had jumped to $22 a month.

Reactions: goldmom
Nice, I had to text Sirius yesterday cause my teaser rate was up and they got the rate back down to $8 a month it had jumped to $22 a month.

Spotify is free with ads or $10/month. You're not that old. Do you live in the sticks with no data access? Or do you just like Jim and Sam and Grandpa Stern?

Actually, I kind of take that back. The Pizza Ranch I worked at back in the day had XM when it was new and they did rebroadcasts of Casey Kasem countdowns and that was interesting sometimes just to look back at how weird people were in the 80s.

Reactions: goldmom
I should give Spotify a try , I also have pandora but frankly I don’t care much for how the try and pigeonhole songs based on one song I happen to like ... example I like a few select Justin Bieber tracks and when I play them on pandora , I get a bunch of teenage pop music after that. I like a wide variety of music but constantly have to switch stations with pandora cause they’ll only play similar tracks to the station or song I start with.

I like the good old days where I had about 1,000 MP3s that I downloaded over the courser of many years and let those shuffle all day long

I should give Spotify a try , I also have pandora but frankly I don’t care much for how the try and pigeonhole songs based on one song I happen to like ... example I like a few select Justin Bieber tracks and when I play them on pandora , I get a bunch of teenage pop music after that. I like a wide variety of music but constantly have to switch stations with pandora cause they’ll only play similar tracks to the station or song I start with.

I like the good old days where I had about 1,000 MP3s that I downloaded over the courser of many years and let those shuffle all day long
Spotify is soooooooo much better than Pandora and it's the best $10 I spend every month. They do have their own algorithms for doing radio but you have complete control over what you play. For $10 per month you have access to >99% of albums you can ever think of if they get distributed by small indie labels up to major labels. Then you just play around with the app, you can like songs from radio and find them later to add to shuffle playlists. World of music is your oyster. I'm not excited about them focusing on podcasts. Hopefully that doesn't eff things up. I'll really hate Joe Rogan if he screws this up for me.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk

That's The nice thing about saving songs on Spotify to create your own playlists. I have around 1500 saved/liked songs, I shuffle every day at work and I get a wide variety of songs that I don't need to skip.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
I get an Apple Music subscription with my Verizon plan. It sounds a lot like Spotify. After a year of use I finally clicked on the customized station Apple made for me, they nailed it. My station ranges from metal to punk to country to you name it. The last five song played just now are Whiskey Myers - Broken Window Serenade, Loverboy - Gangs in the Street, Prince - Purple Rain, Michael Buble - Home, Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name, Van Halen - Hot for Teacher. That's range. Wouldn't shock me if the Misfits are up next.

ETA: the next song was Queen - The Show Must Go On, on deck is Danzig - Twist of Cain, in the hole is Waylon Jennings - Can't You See.

ADVERTISEMENT