ADVERTISEMENT

Bracket Analysis

AFHawk86

HB Heisman
Dec 8, 2009
Washington DC
Looking thru the brackets I had a couple of interesting observations. There are 5 undefeated wrestlers entering the B1G tourney and none are in the same weight class: Dardanes, Striebler, Martinez, Jordan, and Kokesh. Who has the biggest chance of taking their first loss of the season?

Second thing that stood out is 4 of the #1 seeds are freshmen. I already mentioned two of them. Sorensen and Snyder are the other two. Will the pressure be too much or will the young guns triumph?

Stay tuned...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I can see Dardanes going down. I love me some Sorensen but I think it will be tough for him to finish to seed

On the whole I think Iowa was set up nicely, the one negative I see is Sorenson getting Short round 1. At best he'll probably win a close one with no bonus, at worst it may be a bit of a dangerous match with their history.

I think all undefeated will enter NCAA's undefeated, but if I had to make a list of most likely to lose:

1. Dardanes - Deep weight class
2. Jordan - More than likely to returning AA and cousin, Isaac in the finals. A lot to handle.
3. Kokesh - One of the best matches at NCAA's last year (check the link). Storley might have enough to get him. If not I don't like Brown/Evans chances.
4. Martinez - The other frosh here. Think Green gets by Ness, and keeps finals match low scoring.
5. Stieber - Give Dardanes lots of credit, but he already missed his chance at Logan.

I'm highly doubt all #1 seed freshmen will wrestle to seed. Probably be a little surprised if more than 2 did. When was the last time the Big Ten had 4 freshmen take first place?

Most likely #1 seed fresh to wrestle to seed:
1. Martinez
2. Jordan
3. Snyder
4. Sorensen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNENM-JMGHY

Sorensen goes McDounough and gets it done. Hope he gets another shot at Houdeshelt as well. BS just needs to pull the trigger early and often.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I thought this was going to break down who needs to do what to make nationals w/o a WC.

I looked at Mike Kelly (and correct me if I am wrong).

157 has 8 qualifiers.
IF Mike beats Mascola and loses to Ness, he has to beat the loser of Frey/Perrotti to finish 8th.
If Mike loses to Mascola, then he has to beat the winner of Frey/Perrotti (who then will lose to IMar) to finish 8th
If Mike beats Mascola and Ness, he's in.

Originally posted by akaoni:

On the whole I think Iowa was set up nicely, the one negative I see is Sorenson getting Short round 1. At best he'll probably win a close one with no bonus, at worst it may be a bit of a dangerous match with their history.
I was surprised by this matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT