ADVERTISEMENT

Braithwaite

EastPennHawk

Team MVP
May 3, 2010
Pennsyltucky
Not sure if this has been discussed, but it’s definitely interesting that we haven’t heard a word from the guy who reported directly to Doyle and was a black man. Or if he has spoken up I missed it. Maybe all assistant coaches are in silent mode until the investigation is done? In any case, would love to hear from Braithwaite.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but it’s definitely interesting that we haven’t heard a word from the guy who reported directly to Doyle and was a black man. Or if he has spoken up I missed it. Maybe all assistant coaches are in silent mode until the investigation is done? In any case, would love to hear from Braithwaite.
His hands are a little full right now. Let him focus on his job. There will be a place and time for him to speak, if he wants to.

Maybe he prefers to speak internally and not publicly.

It doesn’t surprise me that a program known for being closed and locked down is still closed and locked down. The culture hasn’t changed that much.

True.

But there is something here that might be really effing interesting. If I were a local journalist covering the team (glad I'm not) I'd be working this story hard. What does the understudy for 16 years have to say about the cluster-f? Nothing?

Also, to say he's too busy to talk -- to be a leader -- that's total BS. Dude makes over 200k a year. An inability to multitask isn't the issue. We haven't heard from him because there's deep strategy going on behind the KF curtain.

- what if we hire him? now we have to let him talk to the press about this situation and what he has seen/heard. yikes.
- what if we bring in an outsider who's white, and don't promote RB? what does that say? yikes.
- what if we let RB go, how much will he talk to the press now? yikes.

it's interesting.

(edited for typos)

I think everyone but KF is going to be pretty quiet for a while,

Reactions: hawkbirch
It definitely wouldn't be the brightest idea in the world for someone aspiring to get the top job to say anything, especially derogatory, about the situation except to the investigating team, Barta and possibly K Ferentz---and definitely nothing publicly!!!

Reactions: Ol' Dirty Bastard
None of the coaching staff , other than Kirk, have spoken pubicly. That is the norm for many college programs. Even Doyle only spoke to press with f permission before his suspension

could be coaches have commented on twitter but I don’t use twitter and haven’t seen anything punished. They are a staff working to change the culture and work with players to maintain the program

It definitely wouldn't be the brightest idea in the world for someone aspiring to get the top job to say anything, especially derogatory, about the situation except to the investigating team, Barta and possibly K Ferentz---and definitely nothing publicly!!!

Agree with your logic here. And it's what I would do if I wanted the role. It's the professional approach. But at some point, wouldn't you expect him to speak publicly on the matter?

How, as a black man, do you work under a guy for 16 years, who is apparently racially insensitive, and never address it publicly given all that's going on the world? I keep saying this but ... interesting.

Maybe if he gets the job, he'll have a beautiful speech put together. Maybe they are crafting it right now.

Uh, of course not. But a big part of healing is opening up. Talking. Communicating. Sharing lessons learned and moving on. Not silence.
Big part of healing sure, but what does that have to do with the BLM movement? That hardly appears to be the mantra of this movement....

Oh, jeez. Take the foil hat off dude.
Wow. You really have been brainwashed haven't you DUDE?All across the country we are seeing riots, burning of public property, assaults, looting and worse. It may not be the direct actions of the people who started this movement, but I sure as hell don't see anyone really coming out and trying to stand opposed to the chaos either. This turmoil has made a national platform for the BLM, and their enjoying their 15 minutes of fame. Maybe the coach doesn't want to tie his rising star to that wagon....

He might be doing all those things. The silence is directed to the public because maybe he feels the public just does not need to know.

No doubt they are having deep convos internally. But, the public does need to hear from him, IMO. Why keep silent? That approach can sometimes come across as creepy, untrustworthy and insecure.

Wow. You really have been brainwashed haven't you DUDE?All across the country we are seeing riots, burning of public property, assaults, looting and worse. It may not be the direct actions of the people who started this movement, but I sure as hell don't see anyone really coming out and trying to stand opposed to the chaos either. This turmoil has made a national platform for the BLM, and their enjoying their 15 minutes of fame. Maybe the coach doesn't want to tie his rising star to that wagon....

BLM isn't defined by riots and looting. If you can't see that, you really need to look inward and open your heart.

Look, chief. I'm a 40+ white guy. Voted for Trump. Totally watch Fox news ... but I also consider myself to be a moderate and Fox news isn't really news, it's commentary. And so is CNN ... which I can't stand, btw.

You, sir, need to recognize that people need to have an opportunity to speak out. To talk openly. That's all I'm saying here ... we need to hear from RB ... or KF and players speaking on behalf of RB. His perspective could be super helpful to creating understanding around what happened. What went on.

Don't you think it's at least mildly interesting that RB worked under Doyle for all this time and apparently witnessed the things that got Doyle fired?

Agree with your logic here. And it's what I would do if I wanted the role. It's the professional approach. But at some point, wouldn't you expect him to speak publicly on the matter?

How, as a black man, do you work under a guy for 16 years, who is apparently racially insensitive, and never address it publicly given all that's going on the world? I keep saying this but ... interesting.

Maybe if he gets the job, he'll have a beautiful speech put together. Maybe they are crafting it right now.
I agree with above comment about him working with Doyle for 16 years and never saying anything about it. Why would he stay silent?

Reactions: EastPennHawk

Doyle literally separated from the program 2 days ago, and the whole situation is actively under investigation. I think you're jumping the gun to say he will "never address it publicly".

Whether he should address it AT ALL is a whole different discussion, but either way give it some time.

Doyle literally separated from the program 2 days ago, and the whole situation is actively under investigation. I think you're jumping the gun to say he will "never address it publicly".

Whether he should address it AT ALL is a whole different discussion, but either way give it some time.

This. The guy has a job to do and it serves no one to continue to pummel this horse who died two days ago. Give him some time to reflect and get his bearings.

Fair. Good point. But the news came out well more than two days ago. It’s time.

Iowa is well known for not being open to the media. It’s not surprising you haven’t heard from any coaches that’s because the university doesn’t want them to speak.

Also, you think the university was being open by allowing three players to talk in a controlled press conference? Right...they did it to throw a bone to the public. I highly doubt the university will allow any players to talk in the near future. The athletic department, and football in particular, is not media friendly.

I chuckle at people saying ‘talk to this guy or that guy’. You have a better chance at winning the lottery and I’m only half joking.

giphy.gif

Just a wild guess, but I imagine he won't say anything at least until the investigation is completed. If I were him I would wait until his name is cleared by the investigation before speaking publicly. Im sure it is a complicated situation for him since he was he was under Doyles leadership and is hearing the allegations

True.

But there is something here that might be really effing interesting. If I were a local journalist covering the team (glad I'm not) I'd be working this story hard. What does the understudy for 16 years have to say about the cluster-f? Nothing?

Also, to say he's too busy to talk -- to be a leader -- that's total BS. Dude makes over 200k a year. An inability to multitask isn't the issue. We haven't heard from him because there's deep strategy going on behind the KF curtain.

- what if we hire him? now we have to let him talk to the press about this situation and what he has seen/heard. yikes.
- what if we bring in an outsider who's white, and don't promote RB? what does that say? yikes.
- what if we let RB go, how much will he talk to the press now? yikes.

it's interesting.

(edited for typos)

You could ask the same thing about the majority of police departments across the country, but you leave them alone. Not sure we will ever know the truth, but the players didn’t feel they could approach the coaches, which means many coaches didn’t know the dynamic. Even if that coach was African American.

Uh, of course not. But a big part of healing is opening up. Talking. Communicating. Sharing lessons learned and moving on. Not silence.
Um, no. Only listening is allowed right now!
You cannot reply to anything. No words will help you.
Period.
Or, YOU ARE A RACIST!
Are you living under a rock or something?

Reactions: GolfHacker1
Doug Elisaia, University of Utah tough as hell teams. Went to Iowa Wesleyan, might know the Epenesa's from Mount Pleasant and we can pay more than any other program. Get him on the phone and start with him.

Just a wild guess, but I imagine he won't say anything at least until the investigation is completed. If I were him I would wait until his name is cleared by the investigation before speaking publicly. Im sure it is a complicated situation for him since he was he was under Doyles leadership and is hearing the allegations
Won't have a comment until the vacancy is filled and who gets the job..
I think the pressure will be on to hire an African American. JMO

I find the sly racism in this thread amusing, get it fixed or get left in the dust...I’m quite the moderate but I’m glad as hell the passing of the torch is happening. As someone who is under the age of 40 I can’t imagine living through segregation and having to adjust in seconds notice :oops:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT